• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 05 & 06'??

nsx1164 said:
I say go for the big one: Barber in Alabama !!

I love that track! But I have a little reserve about the track b/c a few race buddies (P-cars) who have vowed never to go there again. Track management kicked a few Porsche guys and BMW guys out for not putting a "coaster" underneath their minibike kickstands. It's a long story but the course aesthetics and track wear and tear is obviously of supreme importance. But perhaps it'll change in the future.

I'd love to see an NSXPO in Tulsa but would be afraid the committee would be rather small. Hmph.

Yvonne, it was great meeting you the other night, love the new avatar. Great story about your other NSX, what a fool that person was, you and the NSX- great package!!! Also great job on the magazine, keep up the good work-regards! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Folks,

Just to keep the record straight, there was NEVER a proposal submitted to the NSXCA Board of Directors for Miami. The only proposal submitted for NSXPO2005 was Phoenix. It was submitted on time, an excellent proposal, and was accepted.

As RSO34 mentioned, it will take a lot of work to accomplish a successful NSXPO. If you are interested in NSXPO2006, better get started NOW with ideas. Just as a reference Peter Mills and I spoke and decided to take on NSXPO2004 in LATE 2001!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):).

Best of Luck with planning, and the NSXCA Board of Directors looks forward to all proposals when the time is due. Typically proposals are due around late February in the prior year. The NSXCA BoD will annouce the deadlines in advance. With that said, proposals are certainly welcome at any time for review by the NSXCA BoD.

Regards,
LarryB
VP NSXCA

apapada said:
that's what I was told as well ?!? part of the reason us not coming up to the Glenn this year was that FL in 2005 was much more convenient to us... :(
Apapada:
If you keep waiting for NSXPO to come to you...you may have along wait. Make plans today to attend NSXPO 2005. Do you realize that you have missed two of the largest NSXPO's, 2003 and 2004. There's no guarantee that the Southeast will hold NSXPO 2006. Don't sit on the side lines...become active in your Region. Be a player not a poser...MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.:)

Which wek will NSXPO 2005 be in Oct 2005?
Will it be within the same week or broken up in two weeks like this year?

Arshad said:
Is it possible to see what earlier bids looked like to use as a guideline for future bids?
Yes. Earlier bid proposals have been provided on request to any committee that is considering bidding on a future NSXPO.

fannsx said:
Which wek will NSXPO 2005 be in Oct 2005?
Will it be within the same week or broken up in two weeks like this year?

Has this been answered or is it TBA.
I need to set 05 vacation time.

FYI - this is not official yet, but details will be given out at JGTC event on Dec 17-18.

The preliminary date is Oct 6 - 11th 2005. Again, this is preliminary so please do not quote me on this.

Better details will be out by JGTC.

Think - Phoenix and early October, a marriage made in heaven for vacationers and people who want to go tracking :D

I know that the track schedule can be the deciding factor for the dates.
Is it possible that the event will span one full week instead of part of two weeks?
Historically, have NSXPOs ever been M-F, Tues-Sat, etc.?

pt91 said:
I know that the track schedule can be the deciding factor for the dates.
Is it possible that the event will span one full week instead of part of two weeks?
Historically, have NSXPOs ever been M-F, Tues-Sat, etc.?
Every NSXPO has lasted four or five days, including Saturday and Sunday, except for the first event (1997), which was three days long. Some years, the track event was on Saturday and Sunday (plus Friday, in 2002), with social activites on the immediately preceding weekdays; other years, the track event was on Monday and Tuesday, with social activities on the preceding weekend.

damn....Phoenix is too far for me....

06" = Road America in WI? :wink: :biggrin:

djskyy said:
Phoenix is too far for me....
Nonsense! You can enjoy the event just as much without your car (except maybe for the driving on the track part). And you can get there for under two hundred bucks, thanks to...
mh_home_0.gif

BTW, NSXPO was at Road America in 2001.

nsxtasy said:
Nonsense! You can enjoy the event just as much without your car (except maybe for the driving on the track part). And you can get there for under two hundred bucks, thanks to...
mh_home_0.gif

BTW, NSXPO was at Road America in 2001.

So does that mean it will never be held there again?

NSX 3.0 said:
So does that mean it will never be held there again?

No. The bidding process allows for returning to a previously visited track although aside from "locals" to a particular venue most members would not want to go back to the same location in successive years. Such a scenario would be highly unlikely given the fact that it takes a lot of effort from many volunteers to organize and plan such an event at least two years in advance to be able to pull it off. Hopefully, the various regions have been working toward a bid package for 2006 because the time is fast approaching for bid submission and it takes more than a generalized "wish list" to win the bid. Road America could indeed be the host again in 2006 if there are enough motivated people to get a package together to submit.

I would like to see NSXPO return to the Midwest some time in the next few years.

I understand that there are folks who feel the same way about the Southeast, which last hosted NSXPO in 2000.

There are a lot of fun tracks to choose from in both regions, including (but not limited to) those used in previous years.

We have not yet repeated a track used at a previous NSXPO, but sooner or later, that is inevitably going to happen. There is no rule against it.

nsxtasy said:

no car, no fun....especially in the Arizona heat.... :)

NsXMas said:
In October the heat is just about wound down. I spend a lot of time in Illinois and Phoenix. It's about comparable weather, I think, around that time, except Phoenix doesn't get afternoon storms and is not as humid.
October is the driest time of the year here in Chicago; we average 1.8 days in the month with precipitation more than half an inch. And it is not particularly humid (maybe not as dry as Phoenix, but not humid either).

However, the temperatures are a bit different:

Average October high temperature in Phoenix: 84 degrees F
Average October low temperature in Phoenix: 63 degrees F

Average October high temperature in Chicago: 63 degrees F
Average October low temperature in Chicago: 45 degrees F

Phoenix averages almost as many 90+ degree days in October (15) as Chicago does for the entire year (17).

Back