• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2016 location?

After attending XPO's from 2004 to 2011, Ive havent gone to one and would love to go to one again.

Has next years venue been announced yet?

Anything west of the Mississippi is great for me :cool:

I heard a rumor about Texas while sitting with some VIPs

I suggested Santa Barbara or San Diego:biggrin:

"Rumors" and "wishes" are meaningless. Without a bid no region will be able to host and as of right now we have no bids so if you want one in your area, get a committee together to submit a bid!

us virgin islands......:cool-new::cool-new::cool-new:

I'll host it in Pittsburgh if someone else will lead the charge and do all the hard work. I'll be the spokesmodel and country/windy road trip mapper. Docjohn's NSX would blend in rather nicely in the land of Steelers fans. Free Terrible Towels for all black & gold/yellow NSX's.

01659b50cd7807d403066c596abb5ad6.jpg

@vivanshah and I joked/talked/dreamed about submitting a bid one day but I'm in the process of quitting some volunteer obligations and other time sucks to free up my schedule to even be able to sit back and dream about taking on a task like that. Pittsburgh obviously has some great driving roads and at least one formal track, although I've heard mixed reactions from some NSX owners about it and whether or not it would be a crowd pleaser to the HPDE folk.

http://www.pittrace.com/

I'm realizing this post is not at all helpful to the discussion but, hey.

Last edited:
you guys could organize a flash dance social.....

I was thinking more of pickup hockey and basketball games instead of owners dancing around in high heels and skimpy wet shirts, but if that's something up your alley, maybe we could accommodate that during the Councours' washdown preparations?

ddf08efc.png

7120281.3.jpg

flashdance_the_musical-300x196.jpg

Ken and I have our headbands and velour shorts awaitin............

I'll host it in Pittsburgh if someone else will lead the charge and do all the hard work. I'll be the spokesmodel and country/windy road trip mapper. Docjohn's NSX would blend in rather nicely in the land of Steelers fans. Free Terrible Towels for all black & gold/yellow NSX's.

@vivanshah and I joked/talked/dreamed about submitting a bid one day but I'm in the process of quitting some volunteer obligations and other time sucks to free up my schedule to even be able to sit back and dream about taking on a task like that. Pittsburgh obviously has some great driving roads and at least one formal track, although I've heard mixed reactions from some NSX owners about it and whether or not it would be a crowd pleaser to the HPDE folk.

http://www.pittrace.com/

I'm realizing this post is not at all helpful to the discussion but, hey.

If you held it on the west side of the city it'd be about 3 hrs to Mid Ohio. On the down side Mid Ohio has already been the track for three NSXPOs, but on the up side it's a fantastic track.

From the west side you'd be about 3 hrs to Summit Point or 4 hrs to Pocono. Neither has hosted an NSXPO.

Granted these are longer than usual hikes to the track, but possibly workable with proper schedule planning.

- - - Updated - - -

Birmingham/Barber

That would be cool, is there anyone from that area to head up a team?

In all seriously, sorry Yinzer or Docjohn, when I think of nice places for an NSXPO vacation, Pittsburgh is not one of them. Its sooo far NE, the chances of crap weather are far greater than the chance for decent weather. Last years NSXPO in Ohio, as awesome of a time the actual events were, it was also very cold and uncomfortable.

Last edited:
that's cause you live in a fricken desert .....:tongue:

I am officially submitting a bid for San Diego... It should be like the super bowl and just rotate between California and Florida...:wink:

I am officially submitting a bid for San Diego... It should be like the super bowl and just rotate between California and Florida...:wink:

Mark if you're serious, I'd be happy to help/provide input.

In all seriously, sorry Yinzer or Docjohn, when I think of nice places for an NSXPO vacation, Pittsburgh is not one of them. Its sooo far NE, the chances of crap weather are far greater than the chance for decent weather. Last years NSXPO in Ohio, as awesome of a time the actual events were, it was also very cold and uncomfortable.

Jhae, No sweat off my back, I'm actually not lobbying hard for anything, just thinking out loud. I had to laugh how unprepared I was for NSXPO 2014, I stupidly didn't bring a jacket since the weather hadn't dropped yet before NSXPO so I had to pick up a carhart type jacket and umbrella at walmart as one of my NSXPO souvenirs.

Begs the question though, is there any unwritten rule or advantage that NSXPO has to ideally occur after late September, like for better deals on hotels & track time or convenience to families with kiddos in school? Sure would love to do one in New England/New York area if there's a track there of interest to the HPDE folk. Like in late September when the temps are comfy but not yet cold and the leaves have started turning. Better than driving in sweaty hot weather IMHO. :)

Though aside from NSXPO talk - Pittsburgh is an incredible place to live, so it should be a great place to getaway to for a car person. :) The outskirts of downtown PGH are just completely incredible for fun hilly country driving; almost every road you fall onto has fun whoops & turns with far distances between stop signs and no room for the policia to hide, be it north south east or west of downtown. There's an incredible group of approachable exotic/super/hyper-car and s2k owners who looooove NSX's. Well anyway. It sure doesn't suck living here. If you passed thru and didn't get a good impression, you need me to map your next trip thru. :)

Somewhere in the northern regions where the weather is cooler. Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Salt Lake City, Denver to name a few.

Back