• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO photo of Ron's Grigio Alloy wide body conversion

Here is a photo of the car written about in the last NSXDriver's article "0-60 Modifications in Under 3 Months". Ron's NSX has really transformed over the past several months from bone stock. Among other modifications in a long list, the car has Cantrell Studios Wide Body Conversion rear quarters, rockers, and a custom front end. The car also now has a blueprinted short gear 5-speed with 4.55 final drive, Comptech supercharger, TEIN suspension, and custom wide body Volk GT-C wheels. The Grigio Alloy color choosen is from the 2003 Ferrari Modena and has an awesome appearance. Check it out!

NOTKTS.jpg

cheers,
-- Chris

That is a great looking car! Its almost as if I have almost the exact same setup on mine, oh wait, I DO!:eek:
That front bumper looks exactly like the Marga Hills bumper and headlights. What is custom? So much for me being original, back to the drawing board.:confused:

Hi Brett -- Thanks much. The front end consists of the Marga Hills front bumper (heavily modified to fit properly), Cantrell Studios fenders, and TAITEC NSX-R hood. The car also has our new prototype MH replica headlights. I'll have to dig up the offsets... however, the wheel sizes are 18x8.5 and 19x10.5.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Must've been the color!!

I don't what it was about that car. All week, my eyes kept gravitating toward it. Everything looks so good on it. And that color......WOW!!! You have to see it in person!!! Nice job!!!

BTW, bummer to hear that the front end is a MH piece. I really like it and wanted to get it for my car, but I keep hearing how difficult it is to work with MH pieces. :(

-Randy

I appreciate all of the nice comments about my new baby!

Incredible thanks to Chris Willson @ SOS for bringing my dream car to fruition! Thanks also to Seth @ SOS, Mark and Jane Basch, and Will Cantrell.

(I tried to post a picture of my stock car but the file size was too large. I will ask Chris to host the picture to allow posting on this thread.)

Your car looks great. It looks like you could have bought another 91 NSX for as much as the upgrades would have cost..

NetViper said:
Your car looks great. It looks like you could have bought another 91 NSX for as much as the upgrades would have cost..

You are absolutely right...but then I would just have two fully stock NSXs.

Or, I could have traded in the car and used that and the upgrade money to buy a pre-owned F355...but then I would just have a Ferrari!

I asked Chris to produce a unique, streetable, performance-oriented car and he sure accomplished that goal! As you can tell, I am very happy with the re-birth of my car.

Chris@SoS said:
to say it was "stock" is an understatement!

ronsstocky.jpg

As a friend said when I showed hime a photo of my old silver before I bought it and after all the mods... "it seemed a bicycle before..." ;).

Very good job and WONDERFUL color!
The color I would buy a 360 myself...

I read the article from the NSXDRIVER, and I cannot believe that it is the same car. Amazing!!! The owner of the car must be so happy!!!! Congrats!!

Ron, the car so looks nice! It makes me think I may need to step up and flare the fenders!

You are a man after my own heart I have a 2001 Silver/red M3 too (so does SJ228) to go along with the NSX.... it must be a trend or something :D
Aaron

teamikonnsx said:
when is the MH replica headlights kit ..avalible for sale.. been wanting them for a very long time

The headlight assembly is a prototype based on Marga Hills. I'm sure Chris Willson will provide updates on the final production version in the near future.

I personally love the look although others prefer the 2002 headlights.

Those are the best looking side skirts, as they don't have that ridiculous out of place flare in the front like every other aftermarket Side Skirt except for the WW.

How come I don't see Cantrell Studios side skirts on SoS? They look like MH side skirts without the flare...

side skirt flare

Rubber Chicken said:
Those are the best looking side skirts, as they don't have that ridiculous out of place flare in the front like every other aftermarket Side Skirt except for the WW.
A lot of the earlier aftermarket side skirts (Marga Hills and replicas) were designed for use with (aftermarket) wide front fenders, hence that "flare in the front". It does look out of place if using stock front fenders.

The Wings West side skirts, while more conservative than these, has IMO a cleaner, almost-factory line to it.

Back