• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX's are becoming harder to find... :(

Now that I am in the market again to get another NSX, I am finding that its becoming more difficult to find the right one :( .....IE: reasonable milage, good condition, and not too many mods that I wouldn't like on the car...

I'm open to any year range.. but I'm finding that the older cars have too many miles on them for my taste - and my bank already said they couldn't give me a loan for a car that's that old. :frown:

Once my lease is up on my car in november, ill be able to get another NSX... are there any other locations to search other than Prime / autotrader ? I wont use ebay to buy a car .. thanks in advance!

Yeah I agree.

Today, after almost 2 month listing my x for sale:

(on prime, buy&sell, revscene.net etc...)
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76972

I had 3 serious buyers and I think this recent one is almost about to settle with a deal. Should be sold as soon as the buyer sells his 55,000km '93 mr2. As I come to think of it, I am already panicking as I have no idea when I will find my next car, that I hope to be another x, too.

As getting closer as to being in your situation, I am becoming more anxious and annoyed by the process of shopping for the right one.... :frown: my friends are telling me not to sell it, but I the deal is almost as much as how much I paid for it 19months ago, why not? Maybe I should consider importing one from the states.

Okay I just got a call today, the buyer is super serious about it and all is about to settle with a $50,000Cdn deal.

All of the sudden I felt like checking the acura.ca/com websites, and I figured out that they took out the nsx, which was still there for the canadian website a month ago. I felt like bursting into tears, my car is almost sold and the nsx is finally legend'd.. no more nsx byebye. :frown:

I quickly looked on the nsx for sale list and none was really what Im looking for other than that super hot 04 yellow/yellow that may be just a bit too expensive for me right now. :redface:

I agree. I've been looking hard for 3 months now, and I'm getting frustrated. I guess I'm pretty picky and I am looking for a 97+ black only. I'm at the point where I'm thinking of just getting a 2002+ or getting something else if I'm going to spend that kind of money. Very frustrating.

It's kind of funny, I had leased my 2002 in Feb of 06 (leftover brand new) for 3 years, extended the lease until Sept 06 (6 month extension), kept my eye on the market for used ones as I was trying to gauge my residual buyout price vs. the market. Should I turn it in, wait until next spring, see what the new crop of cars looks like.......decisions, decisions, what to do. The market seemed kind of firm on the 02+ cars, decided that I had the opportunity to buy a reasonable mileage (27,000), well maintained (I should know) car, that the owner really pampered, vs either buying a different car, or a used one that someone else broke in. I went with the obvious choice, I bought out my lease. In hindsight, it would've been cheaper to outright buy the car 3 1/2 years ago, but until now, I've always liked changing my "toy" every few years, but in all honesty, there's nothing out there in the same price range, that gives the enjoyment, reliability, and smiles per mile (performance might not be "blistering", but it's enough for me!) than anything else out there. Also, you don't see yourself coming and going, it's been a rare car it's entire existence, and now.....it will only become more scarce and rare. Take care of your car, it won't be easy to replace!!!!:biggrin:

I totally agree. I looked for five months HARD to find a low mileage, relatively unmolested "A" car. I sold a pristine 39K midnight pearl back in January and have kicked myself ever since. I'm just closing on a '97 spa yellow pearl with 29K miles on it and found it on Ebay. I also found my last '95 midnight pearl on Ebay. Granted, there are alot of "story" cars on Ebay but after 3-4 months of checking Prime everyday in the for sale section, I had to broaden my search. I just couldn't find THE car here on Prime. I, like you, wasn't picky about the year but it had to have less than about 50K miles, something unique (CTSC, turbo system for the '91 - '94 models), or it had to be a unique later model color (MC Blue or Yellow). Finally, it had to be at least reasonably priced in line with the Prime pricing guide and of course it had to be an "A" or "A / B" car.

The yellow one in my gallery here is the one that I got:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6959

This will be my third NSX and if I've learned nothing else, it's this: DON'T SELL YOUR NSX!!!!

I almost bought a '01 Viper GTS with 17K miles but came to my senses at the last minute and realized ther is no substitute for the NSX when you consider all of the obvious things this car has to offer. Any like most of us have said before, there is nothing else out there for the price that compares in terms of exotic drivability, dependability, balance, and value. The '92 I sold in Aug 2004 is worth the same money today that it was over two years ago and the same money I paid for it 3 1/2 years ago. The '95 midnight pearl I bought in Jan 2005, drove it 11K miles as my daily driver, and sold it for more that I paid for it.

The values of these cars ('91 - 97 or so at least) have basically been unchanged since I've been in the NSX game for nearly 4 years now for the same equivelant mileage and condition. How many other cars out there can you say that about?

Last edited:
ive been in the market for a MINT 02+ for almost 2 months and im starting to get a bit impatient/frustrated as well. granted, that is not entirely too long to have been searching, but its difficult to find the EXACT car i want. having come from buying my second P993TT (took me almost 10 months to find both), i figured buying an NSX would be much easier since there are no issues like turbos, leakdowns, compression tests, etc to deal with. i assume the chase is all part of the experience, so im trying to be patient, but i find myself starting to cross-shop with some other vehicles lately (sl55, c6 z06).

i also find it interesting that some of the stealers have set price one day (68k), and the very next day its 72k?? not sure whats going on here, but when i see that i refuse to deal with them. id like to deal with a private party, but they dont seem to pop up too often. however with winter around the corner there is no rush, as the prices of high $ cars tend to drop a bit in the Northeast. i guess ill have to be patient (and aggressive if one does come up) and hopefully ill be able to find the right one soon enough. this forum is very helpful though, with folks eager to help out in anyway possible :)

To all of you above,

I totally agree with everything you said. Especially "dont sell your nsx!" :eek: oh no, I'm just about to (closer each day). I had made sure it would end up in good hands as the buyer also pampers his cars (not to mention his old '93 mr2 with just 34k miles). This way I feel better, at least.

Well, the reason I'm sell is that, I've really wanted a '02+ orange/orange, the only one in Vancouver, BC area was sold, 2 years ago at an amazing deal! I would've gotten it! But the next choice would be a yellow/yellow, currently working on a deal with a listing on prime, looking to import that one.

I've compared the Cayman/Cayman S, relatively the same price new locally with the imported x price and really thinks I still like the NSX more than anything else. Theres just no substitute, you're all dam right about that. :biggrin: the smiles per mile that I always get too.

enkrypt3d said:
Now that I am in the market again to get another NSX, I am finding that its becoming more difficult to find the right one :( .....IE: reasonable milage, good condition, and not too many mods that I wouldn't like on the car...

I'm open to any year range.. but I'm finding that the older cars have too many miles on them for my taste - and my bank already said they couldn't give me a loan for a car that's that old. :frown:

Once my lease is up on my car in november, ill be able to get another NSX... are there any other locations to search other than Prime / autotrader ? I wont use ebay to buy a car .. thanks in advance!
I would suggest using Capital One Auto Finance Online. They will aprrove a loan based on YOU not the car! That way you can shop any year. I juust got a 91 w/40K mint, so it would suck if you were not able to shop all years. Hope this helps and good luck on your search. Greg Z

They are becoming harder to find because they are low production and car enthusiasts are finally cathcing up to the car as prices have dropped and more interest is showen in these rare exotics. They have proven themselves as the icon daily driver super car. Only other supercar that has achieved this statues is Porsche 911 and M3.

Paghmani said:
They are becoming harder to find because they are low production and car enthusiasts are finally cathcing up to the car as prices have dropped and more interest is showen in these rare exotics. They have proven themselves as the icon daily driver super car. Only other supercar that has achieved this statues is Porsche 911 and M3.
I hate to say this but an M3 is not a supercar or exotic!! I see them everywhere

my "perfect" NSX would be a 97+ with a few minor mods like custom rims (but even those are up to personal taste usually) ...silverstone / MC Blue / or black... not all that into the yellow.. its a great looking color but I just cant see myself driving a car that color every day.... I'm looking to pay 30k-44k... -- obviously I'm not going to find a 97+ for 30k ;) -- does this sound reasonable? :cool:

Last edited:
enkrypt3d said:
???? whats wrong?

Ain't no big thing - My :rolleyes: was aimed at the prior post stating

"They are becoming harder to find because they are low production and car enthusiasts are finally cathcing up to the car as prices have dropped and more interest is showen in these rare exotics."

Besides the poor English and spelling, the NSX is no different than ANY other "supply and demand" product. He seems to be insinuating that prices have "dropped" yet car enthusiasts are catching "on"(?) to the NSX which, of course, means demand would be rising and therefore prices would NOT be dropping !!! :confused: :wink:

Last edited:
NSX-GUY said:
Ain't no big thing - My :rolleyes: was aimed at the prior post stating

"They are becoming harder to find because they are low production and car enthusiasts are finally cathcing up to the car as prices have dropped and more interest is showen in these rare exotics."

Besides the poor Englisha and spelling, the NSX is no different than ANY other "supply and demand" product. He seems to be insinuating that prices have "dropped" yet car enthusiasts are catching "on"(?) to the NSX which, of course, means demand would be rising and therefore prices would NOT be dropping !!! :confused: :wink:

Absolutely.. it is a pure example of supply vs demand... but the prices have not dropped... well maybe for those 91's that have 130k miles with no mods... of course those prices are going to be lower... but the nicer one's are still at the same price back 5 years ago when I had my first NSX *Sigh*

Maybe it's just that some people are just too picky?...the number of cars sold in the years after 97 is very small..so if your looking for a certain color combo with a certain mileage and with no scratches or flaws?...there maybe only 10 or 15 cars in the country that match that description and then the owner has to be selling it....

zahntech said:
Maybe it's just that some people are just too picky?...the number of cars sold in the years after 97 is very small..so if your looking for a certain color combo with a certain mileage and with no scratches or flaws?...there maybe only 10 or 15 cars in the country that match that description and then the owner has to be selling it....

Seems some logic behind this. It's much easier to live in countries where there are only a few NSX's.
If you're waiting with the money ready on your bank account for THE perfect NSX means waiting a very long time WITHOUT an NSX at all (supposing that you can only afford ONE NSX). :) In European countries it's much harder to change your NSX for another one. Buying it is not the problem but selling her at a reasonable price IS.

blackna1 said:
Okay I just got a call today, the buyer is super serious about it and all is about to settle with a $50,000Cdn deal.

All of the sudden I felt like checking the acura.ca/com websites, and I figured out that they took out the nsx, which was still there for the canadian website a month ago. I felt like bursting into tears, my car is almost sold and the nsx is finally legend'd.. no more nsx byebye. :frown:

I quickly looked on the nsx for sale list and none was really what Im looking for other than that super hot 04 yellow/yellow that may be just a bit too expensive for me right now. :redface:

Hate to sound like a stocker, but you seem familiar...Did you post your NSX for sale on/as you a member of revscene.net?

Anyways, I would have to agree that these cars are definitely becoming rarer and rarer, especially since you cannot longer walk into a dealer and order one. As was mentioned, people are waiting and snatching up NSX's as they very slowly drop down to prices that those of us with "average" spending power can afford them. Someone said that they haven't seen NSX's drop much in price over the last 4 or so years. I haven't been in the NSX game for nearly that long, but I've been monitoring MKII MR2 prices for a couple years, and have seen relatively the same thing.

enkrypt3d said:

Why are you sweating the milage? It's a Honda. It's going to run forever... besides, I'd much rather buy a car that's been driven regularly than a garage queen that probably has dry rot on every seal.

enkrypt3d said:
my "perfect" NSX would be a 97+ with a few minor mods like custom rims (but even those are up to personal taste usually) ...silverstone / MC Blue / or black... not all that into the yellow.. its a great looking color but I just cant see myself driving a car that color every day.... I'm looking to pay 30k-44k... -- obviously I'm not going to find a 97+ for 30k ;) -- does this sound reasonable? :cool:

I had the same criteria a you, even looking for the same MC Blue but ended up deciding on a yellow. My car has $8K worth of rims and tires (HRE 545 18/19") and relatively new (2 years old /5K miles) Comptech exhaust but even a bone stock '97 and up with 30-40K miles, "A/B" car is going to run you mid 40s at a minimum. So the answer to your question is NO, you cannot expect 30-44K to be reasonable for this type of car...maybe a 100K mile car but not a low mileage one.

The numbers are dwindling...have you broadened your search range to a national level? I find it interesting that alot of people have their heart set on a certain color or year. When buying a Used Car, the main concerns should be these items:

Clean title history.
Has the car been involved in any accidents?
Are the service records available?
What kind of mods?
How much track time?
Number of miles driven annually?
Number of owners?

Once a prospective car has passed that criteria, then start paying attention to the model year and exterior color. It is suprising that once you narrow it down to cars that you would actually be interested in buying, there aren't very many choices left.

Don't be affraid of an older car with higher miles. Anything below 75K should be considered low miles for 15 year old car. Assume 5k per year as an average. As long as the documented service history is available and there is no deferred maintenence then you should be okay. These cars will last 300k

Once you do find one, you need to be decisive and have cash in hand to be ready to buy or have your bank pre-approve your loan. The best cars do sell fast. Make sure you get a PPI or someone that knows these cars to have a look at it and take a test drive as a condition of the purchase.

Good Luck on your search!

I agree with Big_D's points. These cars, if taken care of properly, are designed to last. Once you are 100% ready to purchase you have to act fast otherwise there will be someone quicker to the gun that you - especially if it's a good deal. When I was ready to purchase I had money set aside for the prepurchase inspection, downpayment and one-way plane ticket to pick it up so the owner knew I was serious about the purchase. Transaction took about a week and a half from the time of inquiry to the time of pickup. It really helps if you have a detailed game plan in place.

It's hard but you really have to be patient to find the right one. Best of luck with your search!

Back