• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NWS... Very Graphic Accident

In one photo, it looked as if the person was trying to crawl out. I know some of you speculated there may not have been enough room, but it looks that way to me...?

I don't think just because of this one incident you should avoid awesome cars with swivel doors... its like you wouldn't kiss Angelina Jolie in fear of getting a cold sore. :) Although, I think regardless of the door design if you were to flip the car and damage the door hinges, they will not open either. You have to crawl out the windows. I have no problem seeing graphic images of death and destruction, it is part of reality and life. We in the western society have been shielded by the media who decides what is good or bad for us to view. This is one of the greatest aspect of the internet, we can distribute media more freely. You should go to Ogrish.com to view some raw footage from the war. That will make you think even more.

Just be careful out there everyone... I know first hand how fun it is to 'get on it'... just did 10 minutes ago...

just be careful Xers... I hope to never see a post like this coming from us...

RIP

The same accident in an NSX would have resulted in the same outcome.
The Lambo doors had nothing to do with the people not making it out, I would guess they were dead before the fire even started. That is one nasty accident that no one was going to walk away from. RIP.

Fascinating. Too bad its in Czech, would be an interesting read...Good friend of mine is an accident investigator and she got me looking at stuff like this from the science standpoint now, as to how and why, and not just from the tradgedy. Could have been anything from car defect, parts failure, street racing, more horsepower than ability (remember when the Vipers first came out? it was an insurance nightmare supposedly; though my friend wasnt in the business back then and can only go by here say), or something darting out from the brush startling the driver.

However its still a tragedy. :frown:

What a horrible death..RIP

NSXGMS said:
As long as the thread is labeled properly and no one is surprised or opens something they weren't warned about I say post away.

I agree. 'NWS' is the thing i missed, or to be more specific, i had no idea what it meant....

simonprelude said:
The same accident in an NSX would have resulted in the same outcome.
I disagree! How many NSX's explode into flames after an accident or whilst driving??? Nearly EVERY Murcielago on www.wreckedexotics.com has exploded into flames! Some with, some even without an accident!
simonprelude said:
The Lambo doors had nothing to do with the people not making it out.
Hard to make this judgement without a witness or an autopsy report to see if they were alive or dead when the car burst into flames... But I would agree that Lamborghini have been using these type of doors for more than 30 years, since the Contach in the early 70's and the Diablo in the 90's. I believe the problem is not with the doors but with the LP640 always exploding into flames... There is too much evidence mounting to ignore it

Indeed, the point I was making though was re Lambo doors not as to whether an NSX would or would not have burst into flames as per the original posters point. That sort of impact with a car landing on it's roof and bursting into flames, if you were OK enough to open doors then I can't see breaking the glass to be too much more of a problem.

However with Lamborghini (read Audi) introducing 'standard' doors on the Gallardo do you think they are worried of possible suits from an accident similar to this ??

It's not just the Murcielago's (especially LP640's) bursting into flames during an accident but this seems to be the trend over a lot of exotica at the moment, perhaps they should start looking at racing style extinguisher systems to be fitted as standard.

AU_NSX said:
I believe the problem is not with the doors but with the LP640 always exploding into flames... There is too much evidence mounting to ignore it

Back