• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Offering Honda s2000 Upgraded Steering Wheels for NSX owners who want to do swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of you have asked so we wanted to be clear since we can't modify the original post after 1 year...

The s2000 wheels do need to be slightly modified by enlarging the holes in the wheel to fit the adapter. This is needed to ensure the bolts line up the adapter. From the factory Honda s2000 wheels have a slightly tapered hole. We need to enlarge these holes slowly with a drill bit to ensure fitment since the holes were never meant to be used in this way from Honda as the s2000 wheel is mounted with a spline and nut assembly.

The side of the adaptor looking at a side view shows two pegs protruding out that mates with the factory wheel. The 4 smaller posts will match the remaining holes on the for an integrated fitment. This helps spread the load evenly. When properly mated together the adapter should fit flush with the spline of the steering wheel.

We have a few sitting here so if you guys need more photos please ask!

Rick, is the s2000 plug compatible with the Nsx? My car is stored right now and it's not convenient to check. Just want to see if I need to plan custom wiring or some kind of adaptor. It would be nice to not have to splice anything.

Rick, is the s2000 plug compatible with the Nsx? My car is stored right now and it's not convenient to check. Just want to see if I need to plan custom wiring or some kind of adaptor. It would be nice to not have to splice anything.

Need to check with my installer but I believe the airbag connector is not the same so there is some soldering required.

Also the cruise control plug would be different as well.

Let me dig up the wiring schematic as it's on PRIME somewhere....the key is you need a single stage s2000 airbag as later models have the dual stage.

here's a local install we were doing the other day -

You can see the stock wheel (left) and our carbon sport wheel (right)

This one was custom spec'd with blue stitching, blue stripe and knurled grip behind the top of the wheel for more grip. Very thick grip makes this a perfect upgrade for the s2000 or NSX!

here's a snapshot of one of our custom build s2000 wheels for an NSX order by special request!

www.euroboutique.us

Instagram [MENTION=8868]EuroBoutique[/MENTION]

Questions feel free to ask, thanks!

Shipping out a complete setup for a client very shortly:

Carbon Fiber Flat bottom s2000 wheel
AP1 OEM Airbag
AP1 OEM cruise control
All plastics trim
EuroBoutique Billet adapter

Stay tuned for photos :)

www.euroboutiue.us

Normally if you are buying a steering wheel from us, we provide only the core wheel and the customer will transfer all the hardware, electronics, airbag from their existing car to the new wheel.

Given we are now offering s2000 wheels to install into the NSX - it's a good chance you do NOT have the right hardware for the s2000 wheel so rather than ask you to go source those hard to find items, we will provide the s2000 "hardware" kit FREE if needed, please ask. This includes the rear plastic trim, all the interior screws and bolts so you get a turn-key s2000 wheel. All the parts are shown in the photo below (minus the cruise control which needs to be purchased separately if needed).

You will still need to buy the adapters, cruise control and airbag and we will offer those items on an as needed basis.

Questions please ask but we are trying to make this as painless as possible :)

I still haven't installed my S2000 wheel Rick. Alone with the adaptor, does the airbag need to be hard wired to the NSX or is there an adaptor plug that allows the S2K airbag to plug directly to the NSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back