• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Announcement for NSXPO 2014!

Official Announcement for NSXPO 2014!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have dates -- Tuesday October 14 - Saturday October 18, 2014

This NSXPO is being handled slightly differently than the past. Track days will be

Tuesday - Thursday October 14 - 16 from 8AM - 12PM each day and will be held at
Mid-Ohio.

Social registration will start on the evening of Wednesday October 15 and the social

portion will go through the rest of the week.

We have some amazing things being set up for NSXPO 2014:
* Beautiful country drives
* Museums
* Big “TECH DAY” with hands on possibilities
* Large Vendors area ( bring your money )
* Chassis Dyno for those people who “ just want to know
* Car show
* Saturday banquet dinner with awards and guest speakers (TBA)

Keep an eye out for an early bird registration!
Further details to follow. See you at NSXPO 2014!

I will update this post as information comes in and do my best along with the rest of the board to make sure we stay on top of questions you ask.

If you are not an NSXCA Member please get that info sent in! We look forward to seeing you all!

NSXPO14 Planning committee

UPDATE:

NSXPO 2014 ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE

Dear NSXCA Members,

As most of you are aware, we have announced the NSXPO2014 preliminary plan and our location in Ohio. With this announcement has come significant speculation from the membership in regard to the new NSX and the possibilities of specific events taking place around the new NSX. The planning committee wanted to reach out to all members to make sure assumptions are not taken as fact. The NSXPO2014 planning committee, in conjunction with the NSXCA Board of Directors, has put a significant amount of time and effort over the last 6 months to plan this event and to make sure we can provide a great venue, with events that meet the highest standards, as in all of our NSXPO’s. We want to be very clear and not set any false expectations. NSXPO2014, although held near the planned new NSX factory, will not include the new NSX. We wanted to make sure you were aware as you plan for NSXPO14.

As you have seen in our original announcement, we have a great event planned and no one will be disappointed. We look for forward to seeing you there. We will provide timely updates as appropriate.

We are looking forward to another very memorable NSXPO!

NSXPO14 committee.

Greetings NSXCA Members,

The NSX Club of America is proud to announce the registration is open for NSXPO 2014 in Columbus, Ohio from October 14th 2014 - October 18th 2014.

Registration is open for both track and social events starting today August 25th 2014!

See nsxpo2014.com for links to register. To kick off the registration process you can save $75.00 off the regular price with your early bird registration discount. Just $270.00 for the social event and $250.00 for the track event. These early bird discounts will end on September 14th 2014. Save yourself some money and register NOW!

You do not want to miss what we have in store this year. We will be doing some amazing drives that will include scenic views that even Car and Driver says are some of the best in the country. Yes, fun twisty roads in Ohio will take you through the Hocking Hills state park while the leaves are changing.

We will be enjoying a Tech/ Vendor day like no other. We will have 4 lifts available in an air conditioned shop where you will be able to put your car on a lift, learn things about the car and even install / fix items along side some of the most experienced technicians and people in the NSX world. Our Concours car show will include judges who also judge for the local concours d'elegance show The Ault Park Concours d’elegance.

The track section of this NSXPO will be like no other. We are shooting to have a very special guest join us who has years of racing on this track. We can’t announce his name yet, but we’re betting you all will be familiar with who he is. We will also have experienced instructors and more driving time than many other events due to our smaller run groups and having the track exclusively to ourselves. This year it is a 3 day track event composed of ½ days on the track at the Mid-Ohio Sports car course which is known to be one of the best in the country. If you plan on joining us for the track events you need to call and book your hotel room. We have a block of rooms available at the La Quinta Inn located in Mansfield Ohio. www.laquintsmansfieldoh.com and you need to give them NSXCA or NSXPO as the block name to get our rates of $81.00 per night. The discounted group rate is only available through 10/09/2014

The social portion of the event will begin at 4:30PM Wednesday October 15th with the Welcome Reception and event registration at the social hotel. You can book the social hotel simply by going to nsxpo2014.com and click on hotel in the toolbar. It will take you to the link to book your room. We are happy to be staying at Embassy Suites in Dublin Ohio. It is one of the best hotels around the Columbus Ohio area. Very large parking lot and amazing kitchen /bar that will make this event even better.

The discounted group rate is only available through 10/09/2014 so, head over and book that now to get our rate of $129.00 per night.

Make sure to save money by doing the early bird registration NOW. We look forward to seeing you all on October 14th or 15th.

Below you will find a tentative schedule of events.

Sincerely,
NSXPO2014 volunteers

NSXPO 2014 Schedule of events

Tuesday October 14th:
Entry into Mid-Ohio
Drivers meeting
8:00AM - NOON Hot track
Group lunch (self pay) and travel to activity TBA

Wednesday October 15th:
Entry into Mid-Ohio
Drivers meeting
Group lunch (self pay)
4:00 Travel to social hotel for Welcome Reception and Event Registration
5:00PM - Welcome Reception & Event Registration - hor d’oeurves and cash bar dinner on your own / restaurant ? /bar located at hotel
Registered track attendees return to track hotel

Thursday October 16th:
Entry into Mid- Ohio
Drivers Meeting
Social only attendees leave hotel for Mid-Ohio
Attendees parade laps around Mid-Ohio and Group Picture
Begin loading up from Mid-Ohio ( track days over )
Group lunch and travel to activity TBA - to be announced soon!

Friday October 17th:
Depart Social hotel for Source 1 Automotive (Maineville location)
Tech / Vendor day at Source 1 Lunch Provided
Alternate tour day - announcement coming soon
Concours car show
Depart Source 1 for Social Hotel
Buffet style dinner and cocktails

Saturday October 18th
Depart for Country drive to Hocking Hills Region
Lunch / Pictures at Hocking Hills Lodge
Return to Social Hotel
Social time / Free time / Rest or alternate point of interest drive
Grand Banquet and end of NSXPO 2014

Last edited:
Being this is in Ohio, are there any events planned with mother Honda and the NSX 2.0?

We can not comment on that happening or not. But we can promise another Awesome NSXPO! And after years of BS'ing with you on prime and Facebook you should come out!

I'm planning to come. Probably flying.

Would like to bring the car but 18-19 hours each way is a bit much. Looking into shipping options one or both ways...if anyone has recommendations please mention.

If the time comes when you (planning committee) can indicate if Honda is involved or not I'd be curious about possibility of, for some compensation, tossing NSXs on empty car carriers (trucks/railcars) headed back to Ohio after delivering new cars to dealerships. Some program that is not an unreasonable burden on Honda might boost vehicle turnout. I'm dreaming, but Honda is "The Power of Dreams" so...

Last edited:
Hi

I am sure the first post will be updated with this info I got just now

Folks, we have to apologize, we were so excited to finally announce the dates that we didn't do a great job proof-reading the announcement.

Unlike past NSXPOs, this year's NSXPO will end Saturday night. We know many of you travel great distances to attend each year and often must leave before our Sunday activities were over. Therefore, we decided that it made more sense to end on a high note --- our Saturday (October 18) night banquet and give you more flexibility on returning home.

The REAL Official Announcement for NSXPO 2014!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have dates -- Tuesday October 14 - Saturday October 18, 2014

Are members from the NSX Club of Canada Welcomed?

Canadians are more than welcome to become members of the NSXCA and come to NSXPO.
I've been a member for many years and drove to Raleigh NC from BC for last year's NSXPO there.
Membership in the NSXCA is very reasonable and this year's NSXPO promises to be a special one.

I'm thinking they don't need to double pay.....did the nsxca members have to join the nsxcc to enjoy nsxpo in toronto?....I don't remember having to do that.

I'm thinking they don't need to double pay.....did the nsxca members have to join the nsxcc to enjoy nsxpo in toronto?....I don't remember having to do that.

I stand to be corrected here but I thought the NSXCC was a separate club from the NSXCA.
As far as I know the NSXCC is a regional group based in Greater Toronto but has no membership outside the GTA.
I always thought you had to be a member of the NSXCA to attend NSXPO.

Seems simple enough, does membership in nsxcc qualify for nsxpo? We shall see what the powers that be say about that.

I always thought the Canadians were part of the NSXCA? After all, the official NSXPO in 2009 was held in Toronto, hosted by that region. I know that during NSXPO 2013 here in Raleigh - there was no distinction between the Canadian members attending and those from the USA. I'm sure Larry B will see this and resolve the question.

Anyone from the SF Bay Area going?
I seriously thinking about going. I would fly there and ship my car. The drive would be great but it's too long from San Francisco, I'd be too tired to enjoy the event if I drove there.

Rich Wong

I always thought the Canadians were part of the NSXCA? After all, the official NSXPO in 2009 was held in Toronto, hosted by that region. I know that during NSXPO 2013 here in Raleigh - there was no distinction between the Canadian members attending and those from the USA. I'm sure Larry B will see this and resolve the question.

There are many Canadians who are NSXCA members and have been for years and many of us have attended NSXPO's.
I don't know what sort of arrangement there might be between NSXCC and NSXCA as far as dues sharing etc.
I don't think there are any members of the NSXCC in Western Canada for example and those of us in the west belong to the NSXCA.
LarryB will let us know I'm sure

I don't think there are any members of the NSXCC in Western Canada for example and those of us in the west belong to the NSXCA.

I am a member of NSXCC and NSXCA, proud to be a part of both groups for the support, information and camaraderie they offer.

I was hoping to attend NSXPO 2014, but I spent a lot of money on upgrades in the off-season, so it is unlikely. Those who do go: HAVE FUN!

Last edited:
Since everyone has asked about the new NSX and everytime they answer with cant comment on that = yes they have something planned to see the new NSX and possibly tour the plant its in plain sight.

every year NSXPO announcement has given us days and each event when it starts and ends, day 1 meet and greet, day 2 country drive, day 3 lunch at xxx building, day 4 track, day 5 go carts etc.

since they are telling us

day 1 is gonna be fun
day 2 is gonna be fun
day 3 cant comment on that
day 4 more fun
day 5 fun times

think about it guys.

but I could be in total error and prob will wreck my car on the way up LOL so take this with a grain of salt

every year NSXPO announcement has given us days and each event when it starts and ends, day 1 meet and greet, day 2 country drive, day 3 lunch at xxx building, day 4 track, day 5 go carts etc.
Not true. When the initial announcement is made, it is only of the location. The daily event schedule is announced at a later date, once the various activities and their scheduling have been identified. Clearly those are not yet determined.

since they are telling us

day 1 is gonna be fun
day 2 is gonna be fun
day 3 cant comment on that
If day 1 on the track is gonna be fun, and day 2 on the track is gonna be fun, what makes you think day 3 on the track is going to be anything but fun? :)

I am a member of NSXCC and NSXCA, proud to be a part of both groups for the support, information and camaraderie they offer.

I was hoping to attend NSXPO 2014, but I spent a lot of money on upgrades in the off-season, so it is unlikely. Those who do go: HAVE FUN!

I stand corrected on NSXCC membership in the west.

I drove to NSXPO 2013 in Raleigh and seriously thinking about 2014 in Ohio.
Lots of miles for sure but once in a lifetime opportunity.
Are you sure you couldn't be convinced?

Are members from the NSX Club of Canada Welcomed?

Paul, NSXCC members are always welcome to any NSXPO....some people just don't know about the relationship between the Clubs and therefore post incorrect information.

Bram

- - - Updated - - -

I stand to be corrected here but I thought the NSXCC was a separate club from the NSXCA.
As far as I know the NSXCC is a regional group based in Greater Toronto but has no membership outside the GTA.
I always thought you had to be a member of the NSXCA to attend NSXPO.

Jim Cross is completely WRONG....if you are not aware or care to be informed about the NSXCA and NSXCC you should not post incorrect information.

Bram

Last edited:
Bram............why not post the involvement with NSXCC since you were the Top Gun for a while and you can correct them.............or keep them guessing.

There have been a strong Canadian group at most NSXPO's, especially from the Toronto area (except at NC) and quite a few at Ohio in 2007.........nobody is excluded from the event as long as you pay and are a member

exactly, we are one big happy extended family.

Bram............why not post the involvement with NSXCC

There have been a strong Canadian group at most NSXPO's, especially from the Toronto area (except at NC) and quite a few at Ohio in 2007.........nobody is excluded from the event as long as you pay and are a member

ShawnA, you are correct, however I will be posting on the Canadian section soon (I was away so I'm catching up with Prime)
I don't see the need for a duplicated thread on this section of Prime.

I will say that the Canadian Embassy will be open like it was of during the 2007 NSXPO.

Bram

Last edited:
Jim Cross is completely WRONG[/B]....if you are not aware or care to be informed about the NSXCA and NSXCC you should not post incorrect information.
Bram

Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong and surely won't be the last.

However rather than take shots at me perhaps you could take this opportunity to explain.
How many members are there in the NSXCC and where are they from?
Does an NSXCC membership allow you to attend NSXPO or do you have to belong to the NSXCA?

Back