• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Announcement for NSXPO 2014!

-

There are likely a few folks that would ship their cars to/from OH if someone with a commercial facility were available to receive/temp garage them (*hint*)
Getting a x-country shipper to commit to an exact delivery date can be a pain

-

Awesome. I will actually be in Ohio this weekend for a wedding Friday night and my wife's baby shower Saturday. I wish your shop was more along the way. Then I could justify a detour to the wife.

-Alec

We are only 1.5 hours from Cbus. And that is speed limit time :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

-

There are likely a few folks that would ship their cars to/from OH if someone with a commercial facility were available to receive/temp garage them (*hint*)
Getting a x-country shipper to commit to an exact delivery date can be a pain

-

This is something I am considering doing. We already have a couple cars scheduled in for service where people are shipping them to us before nsxpo and picking them up Wednesday. I am looking into my Umbrella insurance policy to see about increasing it for a short period of time this October :). I will post it up if that comes available.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to my second NSXPO! I am hoping to try my hand at the track days this year as well. Hopefully there will be someone to teach a newbie on the track how to not crash... That's my only concern lol.

Hopefully there will be someone to teach a newbie on the track how to not crash...

Here's a tip: from now until then, make sure you heel and toe every single downshift. That way when you are on the track you will have one less thing that throws you off. I'm astounded how there always seem to be a few people who have issues with this at the track.

Separately, if you drive in the snow or otherwise have experience correcting a sliding car, that's great. If not, it would probably be worth attending a skid-car or other car-control class. Many places offer them. It is important, in my view, to be comfortable with your car sliding. You may choose to drive slower than that at the track, but you need to be prepared for it when it happens. It has a way of sneaking up on you.

And read Ultimate Speed Secrets.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0760340501

I'm looking forward to my second NSXPO! I am hoping to try my hand at the track days this year as well. Hopefully there will be someone to teach a newbie on the track how to not crash... That's my only concern lol.

In addition to classroom instruction, you will have an instructor with you in your car coaching you while on track.

Here's a tip: from now until then, make sure you heel and toe every single downshift. That way when you are on the track you will have one less thing that throws you off. I'm astounded how there always seem to be a few people who have issues with this at the track.

Separately, if you drive in the snow or otherwise have experience correcting a sliding car, that's great. If not, it would probably be worth attending a skid-car or other car-control class. Many places offer them. It is important, in my view, to be comfortable with your car sliding. You may choose to drive slower than that at the track, but you need to be prepared for it when it happens. It has a way of sneaking up on you.

And read Ultimate Speed Secrets.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0760340501

Brian's car is a supercharged auto... he wont have problems with "heel and toe". Now finger cramps from the paddle shifters...maybe LOL :biggrin: I bet he'll have a blast!

Brian's car is a supercharged auto... he wont have problems with "heel and toe". Now finger cramps from the paddle shifters...maybe LOL :biggrin: I bet he'll have a blast!

Ah, that will certainly simplify things. And I agree: it's one of the most fun things ever.

Just glad to know I won't be the only first timer on the track :smile:

If I'm able to attend, I too, will be a first timer, both NSXPO and tracking.

I had to take extra steps to make sure my auto still can keep up lol.
I did the skid pad at VIR last year. I did sub par I'd say. I did grasp under steer as I was pushing the front a lot! But oversteer I might of got it one time by accident lol. I did a bunch of burning rubber and had a blast so that part was good. And my cart experience I was the 2nd slowest guy out there in my group haha. But I'm not looking to set records etc. I just want to learn the basics to go out and not crash and feel confident and have fun. My car will never be a track car but I atleast want to try it.
Thanks for the info guys!!

Definitely sir! I'm not doing the track days though. I'm in no position to risk having something happen to my car. Like I mentioned before, if and when I get a second NSX (it will be salvaged) i'll make it a track/go fast car. I'm no stranger to the track though. I use to attend HPDE's in my old 2008 350z. It's definitely a lot of fun. And I dont care what people say, it can definitely get competitve. lol

Last edited:
I had to take extra steps to make sure my auto still can keep up lol.
I did the skid pad at VIR last year. I did sub par I'd say. I did grasp under steer as I was pushing the front a lot! But oversteer I might of got it one time by accident lol. I did a bunch of burning rubber and had a blast so that part was good. And my cart experience I was the 2nd slowest guy out there in my group haha. But I'm not looking to set records etc. I just want to learn the basics to go out and not crash and feel confident and have fun. My car will never be a track car but I atleast want to try it.
Thanks for the info guys!!

Brian
I'm always the slowest in the carts and last or almost last on the track so we can have a good competition at the back of the pack.:smile:

How much will the track days run? I plan to do it too.

NSXPO 2014 ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE

Dear NSXCA Members,

As most of you are aware, we have announced the NSXPO2014 preliminary plan and our location in Ohio. With this announcement has come significant speculation from the membership in regard to the new NSX and the possibilities of specific events taking place around the new NSX. The planning committee wanted to reach out to all members to make sure assumptions are not taken as fact. The NSXPO2014 planning committee, in conjunction with the NSXCA Board of Directors, has put a significant amount of time and effort over the last 6 months to plan this event and to make sure we can provide a great venue, with events that meet the highest standards, as in all of our NSXPO’s. We want to be very clear and not set any false expectations. NSXPO2014, although held near the planned new NSX factory, will not include the new NSX. We wanted to make sure you were aware as you plan for NSXPO14.

As you have seen in our original announcement, we have a great event planned and no one will be disappointed. We look for forward to seeing you there. We will provide timely updates as appropriate.

We are looking forward to another very memorable NSXPO!

NSXPO14 committee.

Last edited:
NSXPO2014, although held near the planned new NSX factory, will not include the new NSX. We wanted to make sure you were aware as you plan for NSXPO14.

Big thumbs up to the NSXPO Planning committee for being upfront about this and providing the information early. It is appreciated.
Big thumbs down to Acura for failing to support the existing NSX community. Easy missed marketing opportunity IMO.

Am I missing something or does it not say exactly where in Ohio this is taking place?

Thx

I thought the only reason for it being in Ohio was to see the new NSX and the factory.:confused:

I thought the only reason for it being in Ohio was to see the new NSX and the factory.:confused:
Ohio is home to the best racetrack in the country, which will be used for the NSXPO 2014 track event, as it was for NSXPO '98 and NSXPO '07. It is also home to several Honda assembly plants and an engine plant, at which tours were included as part of NSXPO '98, and to the Transportation Research Center, at which a driving dynamics session was included as part of NSXPO '98 and NSXPO '07. No word yet on whether either of these other two locales will host activities during NSXPO 2014.

Ohio is home to the best racetrack in the country, which will be used for the NSXPO 2014 track event, as it was for NSXPO '98 and NSXPO '07. It is also home to several Honda assembly plants and an engine plant, at which tours were included as part of NSXPO '98, and to the Transportation Research Center, at which a driving dynamics session was included as part of NSXPO '98 and NSXPO '07. No word yet on whether either of these other two locales will host activities during NSXPO 2014.

Mid-Ohio is a fine track, but it's far from the best track in the country. Circuit of the America http://circuitoftheamericas.com/ is a far better, faster and more technical track than Mid-Ohio. As far as tours, here's hoping there are plans for some place(s) more performance based than Honda's car assembly plant. The S2000 CR group received a special tour of Honda Performance Development and it's facilities last year, which I guarantee you is not an easy place to get to tour. I even got a ride in one of their project cars, the S3700 which was great. Maybe we will still be surprised by what's presented by the NSXPO committee in conjunction with ACURA.

Last edited:
I haven't been disappointed with any of my three previous NSXPO's and don't expect anything different with this one. For me it's the time spent with other NSX owners that's most important. Can't wait! I do have to say though as a loyal Acura owner for many years...shame on them for missing a great opportunity if they don't come through.

Dave

Back