• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Firearms Thread

Vegas, have you thought about the 300 AAC Blackout? The ballistics are really impressive.

The only issue is round availability.

I hadn't. Intriguing round, however I think the availability issue is probably a deal breaker for me. Where can you even find that round?

Last edited:
dude, tell me you didn't go 16"?

16" in 5.56 though, I've been really hellbent on having only one caliber of carbine ammo to stock (which is valid). I would like a 7.62 but it's rather unnecessary.

The next firearms outside of whatever custom AR I build will be a Benelli M4 and a southpaw remmy 700. In absolutely zero rush to get either of those. Getting into 3 gun comps would be cool though, just to put some purpose behind this money spending... Sort of like track days.

I hadn't. Intriguing round, however I think the availability issue is probably a deal breaker for me. Where can you even find that round?

You can convert old 223 brass to 300 blk and reload yourself by trimming the casing down, that's one popular option.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't ban the ar15. A flash light, forward grip and eotech on a bolt action is going to look pretty stupid. I love my ar's

16" in 5.56 though, I've been really hellbent on having only one caliber of carbine ammo to stock (which is valid). I would like a 7.62 but it's rather unnecessary.

Whew. To me, an AR-10 is worthless in 16" though I know of those who like them. Just don't see the point of shooting a heavy bullet and then limiting it's performance so much.

Good analogy too. I'd love to get into 3 gun comp but, really, it requires more tournament travel than a decent track schedule would. And considering the state of ammunition now? Pahlease.

Anyone know where we can pick up 5.7 rounds for less than $1.00 a round? It just seems expensive for such a small round. I've looked on the internet and all sites are sold out. Anyone from austria on this board perhaps?

Welcome to our world...5.7 was difficult to buy, though inexpensive, before the panic...good luck finding it afterwards.

IIRC, 5.7 was .25 or so a round before the panic. Ouch.

seems that the reviews (even from die hard glock fanboys) like the ppq. especially the trigger.

is this gun legal in CA yet?

bte, anyone try the beretta arx 160?

I love my Walther PPQ! :)

I love it so much I have been looking for another one to pick up!

--Conrad

Whoohoo, just went halvsies on a Beretta A400 Xtreme with the gf. 12 GA, 28" barrel, black syn. Will post pics when we pick it up (stupid CA delay).

Just got back from firing my friends new LWRC REPR, ughhhhhhh. I hate all of these temptations.

Just picked up a S&W 3913 9mm. One of the guys I work with bought it 20 years ago and hardly put any rounds through it. Its a very nice gun. Great for concealed carry also.

It is a tool that has many uses... and happens to be really fun.

Do we need guns? Not necessarily... do we like and want them... yes.

As far as weapons of war... what is your definition of weapons of war?

I grew up hunting. Ducks on Thanksgiving morning, deer in freezing NY, NJ and PA winters and summers shooting Ground Hogs for farmers.

Some of the best memories with my father were hunting, practicing and the father son bond that
we built.

I'm sure that there are local NSX members that would love to take you out for the day.

why do u guys feel the need to own guns or other weapons of war?

Last edited:
I grew up hunting. Ducks on Thanksgiving morning, deer in freezing NY, NJ and PA winters and summers shooting Ground Hogs for farmers.

Some of the best memories with my father were hunting, practicing and the father son bond that
we built.

I'm sure that there are local NSX members that would love to take you out for the day.

hes trolling you guys :)

well I guess I should post this from the gun show the other weekend.
m4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

we should do a thread with our bullet groupings see whos the best shooter on prime.

maybe 25,50,75,100 range LOL

shawn.nice shooting..you almost destroyed the target holder:tongue:

you have the gift of sight.....:eek:

seems that the reviews (even from die hard glock fanboys) like the ppq. especially the trigger.

is this gun legal in CA yet?

The trigger and accuracy are top notch.

Yes and no. I don't believe the PPQ will ever be on the CA Approved Roster. As far as I know, you can obtain the PPQ legally in CA using two different methods. a) have an LEO friend buy it and PPT to you b) single shot exemption.

I obtained mine using the single shot exemption and have converted it back to the standard configuration and bought 10rd magazines.

--Conrad

.300 Blackout Suppressed SBR

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know where we can pick up 5.7 rounds for less than $1.00 a round? It just seems expensive for such a small round. I've looked on the internet and all sites are sold out. Anyone from austria on this board perhaps?

5.7x28mm ammo is made in the USA by Fiocchi under the FNH brand and by Federal under the American Eagle brand. Elite Ammunition is a boutique shop that makes highly specialized 5.7x28 ammo as well. The rumor on the street is that recently the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ordered approximately 6 months worth of the factories' output. Add that to the recent panic and that's why it's so hard to find. Best place to get it is on Gunbroker.com.

- - - Updated - - -

I hadn't. Intriguing round, (.300 AAC Blackout) however I think the availability issue is probably a deal breaker for me. Where can you even find that round?

Gunbroker.com

d0h!

Attachments

• 9 inch blackout suppressed.jpg
    9 inch blackout suppressed.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Back