• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Official" Zanardi Thread...

Being a member of the purist police, any modification to a Zanardi should be against the law. However, adding on stuff that is approved/warrantied by the manufacturer prior to delivery I find quite acceptable. So if I'm ever fortunate to owner a Zanardi, the SC option prior to delivery would be icing on the cake. I'd call it a fully optioned car versus an aftermarket optioned car.

Take the GNX. Buick sent it out to ASC McLaren Performance prior to delivery. So I see no difference between a GNX and a Zanardi SC. Consider this official approval from the purist police :wink:

Having said all this, changing out the rims prior to delivery (unless a manufacturers rim option) I'd have an issue with.

As always, got my flame suit on :biggrin::biggrin:

Wow just saw this thread, congrats Jose. Now there will be two out of the handful of Zanardis in Austin, that's crazy!

Wow just saw this thread, congrats Jose. Now there will be two out of the handful of Zanardis in Austin, that's crazy!

Ojas still have his? He doesnt post that much anymore:confused:

ok titanium look. all new now. Thanks for info on the hatch glass. Friends at acure sourced oem zanardi part numbers and parts. So far got all parts we need. yes was not cheap but not to bad.

The trim is titanium look, not aluminum. The rear hatch glass isn't thinner. The glass between psgr compartment & engine is single pane instead of double. You are going to spend a fortune on parts & I'm guessing some will be hard to impossible to get.

oh yes. :smile:

I think towards the end of the week. My car apparently was first to be picked up and is making a huge loop across California through Colorado back down to Austin.

-J

J,

Are you going to share with us what happen during the sale? You started to eluding to some problems... and have since, left us all hanging...

Enjoy your new ride...

Dat

oh yes. :smile:

I think towards the end of the week. My car apparently was first to be picked up and is making a huge loop across California through Colorado back down to Austin.

-J

^
This email excerpt sums it up.

"they still talk about that you had a great deal ! we'll deal with it !! "

Bottom line is that had I not sent the money in when I did I would have lost the car. One offer at $70k (over the phone) and a walk in that was really pushing for $65k.

-J

You gotta love! I get at least a $60k offer once every other month:biggrin: A real work of art! Bright red with the dark grey wheels just looks unreal!

^

Bottom line is that had I not sent the money in when I did I would have lost the car. One offer at $70k (over the phone) and a walk in that was really pushing for $65k.

-J

J,

Thank you for clearing that up...

Thanks again..
Dat

^

-J

Last edited:
For those of you with mint zanardis, hold out for 60k minimum. So I can buy jose's for 55 when he goes to sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you with mint zanardis, hold out for 60k minimum. So I can buy jose's for 55 when he goes to sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your killing me Matt. :smile:

Last edited:
I need to drive one of these one day.........are you listening mike(the kid),lol

hmmm I may have to weld my roof on and call my car a zanadri If I want to get top $:tongue:

Wow I had no idea that zanardis could pull so much money! They are indeed a rare piece of history but I don't think I could pony up that much for one. I'd probably go for 02+ and start adding chassis reinforcement and deleting weight. Not exactly the same but at least you wouldn't be putting miles on such a rare car (some people don't care about that either) and you'd get the facelift. Glad to see that people recognize their greatness though, still too bad we never got the type r here :(

^

-J

Does it have super low miles or something? Trying to figure why it would be a $70k car to someone? I mean, I love NSXs, and the Zanardi is great, but that is a lot of money, and just curious why the premium over other Zanardis that have sold on here for in the $50s?

I don't know about Alas-NSX's personal reasons, but I can imagine reasons I would pay something over the usual value to get a car (or other things). It all boils down to knowing that you found the right car, that you will be happy with it and probably not as happy with the other choices you have seen, and being confident that it's worth it to *you*. Even if someone else doesn't place the same value on something, if you know what you want and you can afford it, then it can be worth it to be happy with your purchase even if it costs a few extra dollars.

I don't know about Alas-NSX's personal reasons, but I can imagine reasons I would pay something over the usual value to get a car (or other things). It all boils down to knowing that you found the right car, that you will be happy with it and probably not as happy with the other choices you have seen, and being confident that it's worth it to *you*. Even if someone else doesn't place the same value on something, if you know what you want and you can afford it, then it can be worth it to be happy with your purchase even if it costs a few extra dollars.

Exactly why I paid a little more for mine....

Back