• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Official" Zanardi Thread...

are there any Zanarid owners in Florida? I would like to see one in person.
PM me I want to take some pics

Today I went to inspect and drive this car. My friend and I were allowed to drive the car together which was nice. Mechanically, the car is sound and appears to have been serviced accordingly. The engine runs smooth, clutch is excellent and the shifter shifts perfectly. Car goes in a straight line on the freeway and doesn't drift. The brake and clutch fluid need to be serviced. The brake pads appear to be okay but the dealer will replace them. ABS works properly. No strange noises from the suspension under tight cornering.

Now to the body. The front nose appears to be rash free so it was repainted once before and the work was done well. There is a scrape on the red paint above the spoiler on the side. A chip on the driver side headlamp cover probably from it making contact wtih the hood. The bolts on the driver side fender had the paint worn away so it may have been removed at one point. The paintwork (if any) appeared to be original but hard to tell. The paintwork overall looks good for a 93K mile car.

Now here's where the problems are:

- Zanardi wheels have severe curb rash (all of them) and gouges on spokes on two of them (these are trashed in my opinion)
- Antenna is not original and an aftermket one and missing the mast (will be replaced with new one)
- Taillights have condensation in them
- No front spare tire
- No air compressor in trunk
- There is an amp mounted in the back so the Zanardi trunk mat can't lay flat down
- Stock CD changer was open and no cartridge inside it
- The passenger side has a subwoofer that blocks most of the passenger side leg room
- Center armrest/cupholder console is broken (screws missing)
- Passenger door has hole cut into upper area for tweeter which is missing (can't fix unless you get a new door panel)
- Driver side has same hole cut out but tweeter is broken and barely staying in (can't fix unless you get a new door panel)
- Driver side window will not go down all the way and protrudes from the door about an inch
- Driver side plate showing VIN has a big dent in it
- Rearview mirror is shot as you can barely see anything with gray areas and two screw head impressions showing through
- Steering wheel is LOOSE and wiggles side to side (advised this as a safety issue as steering bolt is loose)
- The door and center console trim are all bubbled (little on the center console but doors are really bad)
- Windshield has a perfectly circular cut about three inches in diamater and cracks around it (will have to replace windshield)
- Rear hatch glass has a large abrasion mark on the passenger side

This car is a big disappointment. It will need a LOT of work to make it right and will cost a good chunk of cash to make it perfect. This car isn't worth $39K nor $35K. They would not say how much they took the car in for but in this rough condition, I think in the mid to high $20K range. This car was a daily driver and it shows. As much as I want a Zanardi, this is definitly a project car. If you're looking for a Zanardi beater/track car and can get it for under $30K, you may be happy but if you're looking for a perfect Zanardi, this is nowhere close to it. The dealer was going to take the car to Acura down the street (under same ownership) and get a lot of repairs done but I doubt they'll make the car look like a jewel but it's far from it. Be prepared to invest a lot of time and money if you want to make this car right. With 93K miles, it just doesn't seem worth it.

The Kid, we're looking in your direction..... :biggrin:

I am a collector and couldn't watch this car die this way. It is being fully restored with no expense spared using only brand new oem zanardi parts (interior carpet, alluminum look trim interior, carpet, remove stereo, new zanardi batterey,etc.) This has not been cheap but it is being done right. the small scratch on the rear glass was not big enough to replace the expensive and hard to find thinner rear glass. I decided to leave it as it's only scar of the past. :smile:

Will be like new when I'm done. Will post when I'm done at theaecollection.com

The trim is titanium look, not aluminum. The rear hatch glass isn't thinner. The glass between psgr compartment & engine is single pane instead of double. You are going to spend a fortune on parts & I'm guessing some will be hard to impossible to get.

Why post the pics at your site?
Post them on NSXPrime build thread.
NSXPRIME should get the web traffic

but I am glad your going to put her back to mint.

one day I will find a beat to shit Zanardi and buy it at some crazy price
and bring her back to mint condition.

need any help or questions just pm me.

LUCKYLUKE, you should check my buddy's collection Shelby GT's are his fav has more than one and actually has a RHD and LHD versions. has a EX-7 Corvette
http://www.extrememotorcar.com/

Last edited:
Oh man that zanardi looks freakin mint! Just saw the pics on the dealer website, here's the vin if anyone wants to dig up some info on it: JH4NA2125XT000159.:biggrin:

Edit: called up and they said it is a 1 owner and its goin for around $54k. Man if only i had the cash..... Not sure if its worth the debt lol....

Last edited:
The Sales guy told me the original owner "updated" the suspension to a 2001 suspension due to the tires wearing out prematurely.... I wasn't sure if that was a good idea being that the Z's were special bc of their suspension....:confused:

I am flying out Friday to pick up the car. :biggrin::biggrin:

It is headed home to Austin.
-J

The Sales guy told me the original owner "updated" the suspension to a 2001 suspension due to the tires wearing out prematurely.... I wasn't sure if that was a good idea being that the Z's were special bc of their suspension....:confused:

I'll find out for sure. If not, easy fix given that the car is 12 years old the shocks have to be shot.

Not taking a chance on the T-belt or water pump either.

Last edited:
Excited congrats, Jose. Glad a Primer chose this. :smile:

I have an ace up my sleeve when I'm ready for my Zanardi - but this car isn't listed any longer. Maybe Jose picked it up! I hope a Primer got it. A Zanardi suspension - shocks are all it needed and they should have been replaced with Zanardi shocks not some turkey from a 2001. Geez - that's bs. Thanks for the thought Alum

Excited congrats, Jose. Glad a Primer chose this. :smile:

Thanks! Whirlwind day to purchase this car but it is done. :smile:

No longer listed on Fletcher's website.

Congrats Jose!
I'm jealous

Don't be jealous. Your car collection is pretty damn awesome. Plus I see a raging bull in your future.

I have an ace up my sleeve when I'm ready for my Zanardi - but this car isn't listed any longer. Maybe Jose picked it up! I hope a Primer got it. A Zanardi suspension - shocks are all it needed and they should have been replaced with Zanardi shocks not some turkey from a 2001. Geez - that's bs. Thanks for the thought Alum

Timing is everything. I have a few grand in maintenance to perform but the car will remain pretty much stock. Very excited to see the car. Expectations are high!

No way Jose, Jose! :smile:

Congrats man, I was thinking there was no way to top your silver bullet, but I was truly wrong.

Can't wait to see it...

No way Jose, Jose! :smile:

Congrats man, I was thinking there was no way to top your silver bullet, but I was truly wrong.

Can't wait to see it...

Thanks Z! I'm back in the fold.

Ah the Silver Bullet....I miss that car. I wanted to buy it back so badly.

It is amazing how fast a zanardi is gone!
When are you going to pick it up?
Are u 100% sure on the car? especially since it doesnt have the oem suspension?
-haMSTER

Last edited:
It is amazing how fast a zanardi is gone!
When are you going to pick it up?
Are u 100% sure on the car? especially since it doesnt have the oem suspension?
-haMSTER

Welcome to Prime and your first post!

Paid for so most definitely.

Two points about maintenance on this particular car given that is 12 years old.
1) Unless it comes with evidence of having T-belt and WP maintenance within the service interval, it will get PM'ed.
2) Worst case $2500 bucks from SOS. DONE! Stuff wears out and you replace it. What is the big deal?
Type S suspension

Adding Dali source
Type S at Dali

Informative thread and recent.
Type S/Zanardi Suspension1

Last edited:
Hi,
After reading this post and seeing the photos, I had to go over and see this car.

You are one lucky man. The car is like new. I have never seen a driver side bolster in such pristine condition. The rest of the car was perfect as well.

Its your car; do with it as you like, but I would like to see the Zanardi suspension put back on and be done. It is a pristine example of a very special car.

ENJOY!!!

Welcome to Prime and your first post!

Paid for so most definitely.

Two points about maintenance on this particular car given that is 12 years old.
1) Unless it comes with evidence of having T-belt and WP maintenance within the service interval, it will get PM'ed.
2) Worst case $2500 bucks from SOS. DONE! Stuff wears out and you replace it. What is the big deal?
Type S suspension

Wow congrats to the new owner! That was a great price for a mint Zanardi and not as high as one would expect...

This has now set the pricing although I suspect private sellers would want more.

Jose, Congratulations - you bought the car that I would like to have one day! You will be so much more happy with it than you would with another 91 like you had it's not even funny dude! You have the best of all worlds in NSX terms. Light weight, a coupe, 3.2/6 speed, no power steering, a great suspension - although I can't imagine the PO put the springs off a 2001 + the shocks - that makes no sense - which makes me think the was either stupid or sold them for cash, but that's the dream NSX dude.

To put the springs and shocks back on for the Zanardi is about 2500 like you say - you may get it for less but I would surely check our Primer dealers for that 25% off. Once you do that - why do anything else but drive it.

Since I didn't get the low down on the car - what were the miles? What was the situation surrounding the car at this dealer? Now aren't you glad I didn't sell you my car!!! You OWE ME BIG....:biggrin:

If I ever go to Austin - I'm looking you up for a ride man! I want to know your driving impressions on this car and I would love to see good pics too! The only thing I wish they gave as an option would have been a tan interior - I'd be happier, but it would be like sitting in my old car with the black interior except I'd be looking out at those red fenders!!!!

You are a lucky dog! I'm happy for you - told you to hold out for a later model and now look what came your way! GOOD FOR YOU! All the best!

Say why didn't you fly out and drive it back?

I am flying out Friday to pick up the car. :biggrin::biggrin:

It is headed home to Austin.
-J

Congrats and welcome to the club! I pm'd you and need all the details :biggrin: Your going to be amazed how fast it feels for a stock NSX:wink:

Back