• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Official" Zanardi Thread...

Zanardi #16 Sold

Was at Stevens Creek Nissan today with a friend to check out a GT-R and noticed the Zanardi wasn't there anymore. Inquired about it and was told it sold. No details to who and where it went.

Told you guys :biggrin: Can't wait till the poster tells he paid sticker or more ..lol

Zanardi #16 Un-Sold

You guys won't believe this! I was at SC Nissan with another friend who wanted to check out a GT-R. They have a 2011 red on the showroom with under 2000 miles on it. They don't move that many GT-Rs and funny that they'd have this one in as I saw a brand new red GT-R nearly two months ago at this same dealer. Actually, it was the same GT-R! I asked one of the floor managers why it's back with so little miles. He said the guy that traded in the Zanardi NSX for the red GT-R came back over a month later and wanted his car back! He gave up the red GT-R and got his Zanardi #16 back. I'm sure he lost quite a bit as the dealer did put in a new windshield and made some repairs. I've never heard such a story and another person there verified that to be the case. Just hard to believe!!!

Wow:eek:

Have to say the GTR would be an electronic nightmare coming from a car that doesn't even have power steering. Well just proves why we all hover around a Zanardi when they're up for sale ..lol

Kid weren't trading your Zanardi for a GTR:biggrin:

Wow:eek:

Have to say the GTR would be an electronic nightmare coming from a car that doesn't even have power steering. Well just proves why we all hover around a Zanardi when they're up for sale ..lol

Kid weren't trading your Zanardi for a GTR:biggrin:

No way! I love my Zanardi!:biggrin:

Re: Zanardi #16 Un-Sold

You guys won't believe this! I was at SC Nissan with another friend who wanted to check out a GT-R. They have a 2011 red on the showroom with under 2000 miles on it. They don't move that many GT-Rs and funny that they'd have this one in as I saw a brand new red GT-R nearly two months ago at this same dealer. Actually, it was the same GT-R! I asked one of the floor managers why it's back with so little miles. He said the guy that traded in the Zanardi NSX for the red GT-R came back over a month later and wanted his car back! He gave up the red GT-R and got his Zanardi #16 back. I'm sure he lost quite a bit as the dealer did put in a new windshield and made some repairs. I've never heard such a story and another person there verified that to be the case. Just hard to believe!!!

That is freaking awesome!! I love it. He realized how special the Zanardi is and bought his baby back (in better shape than he left it).

Looks like JH4NA212XXT000142 has popped up at:
CROW'S AUTO SALES
120 BALBACH ST.
SAN JOSE, CA-95110

http://www.carsonlinefree.com/sites...205740&searchTerm=all&sortBy=makeA&startRow=1

From the photos it looks like it's missing the front lip. :(

Zanardi.JPG

Last edited:
Something must be wrong with the car as it just dropped $10k in a month or so. Plus, from the above posts didn't the previous owner take it back when he returned the GT-R? Something doesn't sound right here.... Still $30k looks like a good price for the Zanardi #16 if nothing too drastic happened to it.

This story just gets better and better. I called on this and the dealer selling this car states he knows the owner of this car (who bought it back from SC Nissan after returning the GR-R he bought). For whatever reasons undisclosed, a baseball bat was taken to the car with damage to the driver side window (busted), mirror (broken off), driver side quarter panel (said there are about eight small dents on it that can be removed) and a crack in the trunk spoiler (nearly all of the LED stop light appears to be missing). The dealer was honest about the damage to the car and is selling it at $30K as is but he's going to repair it. Why the ad doesn't state this is particularly odd. In the pictures, you can see the mirror is broken off but the quarter panel is out of view and the missing LED in the spoiler. Looks like the quarter panel took the brunt of the damage but can be replaced and painted.

This story just gets better and better. I called on this and the dealer selling this car states he knows the owner of this car (who bought it back from SC Nissan after returning the GR-R he bought). For whatever reasons undisclosed, a baseball bat was taken to the car with damage to the driver side window (busted), mirror (broken off), driver side quarter panel (said there are about eight small dents on it that can be removed) and a crack in the trunk spoiler (nearly all of the LED stop light appears to be missing). The dealer was honest about the damage to the car and is selling it at $30K as is but he's going to repair it. Why the ad doesn't state this is particularly odd. In the pictures, you can see the mirror is broken off but the quarter panel is out of view and the missing LED in the spoiler. Looks like the quarter panel took the brunt of the damage but can be replaced and painted.

Jeez this is becoming the Charlie Sheen of Zanardis:biggrin:

How is it as is if he's going to repair it??

Someone please take this Zanardi home and away from this accursed owner who seems to want nothing more than to run a very rare and beautiful car right into the ground. Wish I had room/money for another "X" in my stable right now.

Story still doesn't add up. With that kind of damage you'd think the owner would have insurance to help fix it up. Somebody save this car. :eek:

Someone please take this Zanardi home and away from this accursed owner who seems to want nothing more than to run a very rare and beautiful car right into the ground. Wish I had room/money for another "X" in my stable right now.

I would if I could - $30K isn't bad but you have to wonder what else has been done to the car if they've got the balls to go at it with a baseball bat.

How much do you guys think this car would be worth when fixed? It has 94k on it and may have had some body work in the past. The carfax is clean and it's a one owner.

You'd have to get a quote on the damage from a really good shop beforfe you'll know what it's worth. But 30k isn't that far off.

30k after the damage has been fixed? 30k is the asking price right now with the damage. (driver's side quarter panel, trunk lid, spoiler, driver's mirror, driver's window)

30k after the damage has been fixed? 30k is the asking price right now with the damage. (driver's side quarter panel, trunk lid, spoiler, driver's mirror, driver's window)

What do you think it's worth with all that stuff fixed? That's really the question - that and how much it will take to fix it properly...

wonder if this would of happened to his new GTR if he had kept it :eek:

I was in talks with the dealer for a few days but decided to not move forward with the deal. Called this morning and found out that he sold the car over the phone to someone. Hope they're here on prime! I'd love to see this Zanardi come back to life.

I was in talks with the dealer for a few days but decided to not move forward with the deal. Called this morning and found out that he sold the car over the phone to someone. Hope they're here on prime! I'd love to see this Zanardi come back to life.

The Kid, we're looking in your direction..... :biggrin:

Already know it was the Kid no doubt in my mind:wink:

Back