• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oh nooo my nsx boo-boo

shawn110975

Suspended
2013-05-03_13-15-24_43.jpg

OH NOOOOOOOO…..

Ok Im driving and there is construction on the freeway 4 lanes merge into one lane,
Well the 99 year old driver of the Ford F-150 on monster tires 6 feet in the air merged into my lane I didn’t see him merging intill the last second, swerved a little as I didn’t have anywhere to go,
My front driver tire grips the wall at 50 MPH my NSX is now riding the wall on both tires going 50mph
I was MR STUNT MAN today. Turned my wheel off the wall and the car slowly drives down the wall and back on all 4’s, we pull over I am thinking my cars front end is done for..

Wait huh?? Not a scratch on anything not on the rims, not on the paint driverside is fine.
Then I walk around and see the damage from his huge tire. So driving up a wall 3 feet high on 2 wheels and 2 wheels on the payment and this is the only damage.
The guy says man your car is so low I didn’t see you.
No you didn’t see me cuz your 10 feet in the air driving on tires that were made for BIGFOOT the monster truck. Etc. etc.
No injurys his car and tires were fine. I drive home with a boo-boo’ed NSX
But… since I have spares and in the same color I guess who cares.
Anyway learn from me, stay away from large tired trucks that prob cant see you.
Have a great weekend guys.

Wow sounds like a pretty crazy ride. All things considered seems like you got pretty lucky Shawn that a fender is all you are out. Now that you know the NSX is capable of riding on such a wall I think you should go back and recreate this for Prime's purpose so we can see some sick videos and pics.

LOL normally after something like that you would think I would be mad, or kinda shaken up but my heart rate never rose I was totally calm after the event.

does this mean I am in a new level of getting older? Im 37 I wonder....

looking at the pic, I think I see rim scrap let me run outside and verify LOL

nope it rubber from the guys tires it rubbed right off. yippy LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I catch a flight to buy another NSX on monday morning so I think I am to excited to care

- - - Updated - - -

but I tell you what BF GOODRICH KDW tires grip like no other when the driver wheel touched the wall it pulled my car up with ease.

I mean I didnt even feel a bump or anything I just blinked my eyes and now my car is 3 feet off the ground on the driverside.

its an easy fix time consuming the front bumper needs to come off, the fender, the 02 Skirts, rim, fenderliner.

its an easy fix time consuming the front bumper needs to come off, the fender, the 02 Skirts, rim, fenderliner.

If your car was 3ft off the ground I'd check for bent suspension/alignment as well.

Glad you're ok, car parts can be replaced.

nope the way the wall was shaped it was almost like a ramp so it just went up and when I turned back twords the road it rolled down the ramp.
it was almost like a gentle ride up and then down hard to explain. those temp barriers kinda shape

nope the way the wall was shaped it was almost like a ramp so it just went up and when I turned back twords the road it rolled down the ramp.
it was almost like a gentle ride up and then down hard to explain. those temp barriers kinda shape

Glad you're ok and the car only got a minor boo boo. Anyone with an I.Q. over 40 knows the type of barrier you're referring to. They're actually called Jersey Barriers. But since this is the Internet and you can never be sure, here's a visual aid. :)

RD-Yard3.jpg

Last edited:
sucks..wrong place wrong time..could happen to anyone..at least you can fix it yourself.

Glad you're ok and the car only got a minor boo boo. Anyone with an I.Q. over 40 knows the type of barrier you're referring to. They're actually called Jersey Barriers. But since this is the Internet and you can never be sure, here's a visual aid. :)

View attachment 100534

I have a hard time believing the car was 3 Feet off the ground running up the bottom of that type of barrier... maybe 10-12" max but 3' I'm not so sure LOL.

I have a hard time believing the car was 3 Feet off the ground running up the bottom of that type of barrier... maybe 10-12" max but 3' I'm not so sure LOL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A1fVvGRlFoE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
..:tongue:

yeah it hard to believe in the pic Hugh was showing as a reference or so you can kinda picture the style wall and have an idea of what it looked like but it was def similar to the pic.

I will have to take a pic of the wall so that all the confusion will be gone.

I didnt even feel it but I was at the top of it LOL

LOL normally after something like that you would think I would be mad, or kinda shaken up but my heart rate never rose I was totally calm after the event. Does this mean I am in a new level of getting older? Im 37 I wonder....

That was your moment of zen for the day wuuussaaaaaa wuuussaaaa

Nice piece of stunt driving Shawn :)

You should be in the movies and stuff, 3 feet in the air on two wheels like its nothing

Maybe do a hot lap at Laguna Seca like this guy

Last edited:
this is why russians have dashcams!
+1 that is what I was thinking you need.

Shawn, glad you are fine and the car isn't too bad.
If the barrier you went up was one of the construction/temporary barriers like the one's pictured, I am impressed you were able to drive up one without any damage to the drivers side.

I know not a scratch. I would have the car already fixed if I didnt have to catch a flight to drive my new NSX back to tampa. I leave tampa 4am monday then to texas then to the final destination, I cant say where I am getting it because of who the senator was. till after I have the title in my hand LOL.
will post more about this " senator " after the car is in my hands then my inbox is gonna be flooded with requests to buy it LOL.

keep an eye out for a new thread in the new owners section tuesday morning LOL

. . . will post more about this " senator " after the car is in my hands then my inbox is gonna be flooded with requests to buy it LOL.

keep an eye out for a new thread in the new owners section tuesday morning LOL

I'll be waiting for the "BUY IT NOW" command button to show up. :cool:

This could be interesting... with an NSX associated with a political candidate, or ex-candidate.

Have a safe trip and a sprited adventure filled drive back to Tampa.

Ok went to shop someone wanted to drop off their NSX brooklands green 95 yummy. anyway here are pics of the spare fender and a pic of the driverside to show you guys no damage. I was so lucky

2013-05-05_19-18-46_908.jpg

2013-05-05_19-18-59_37.jpg

am i the only one who suddenly feels a bit safer when driving between a jersey barrier and large trucks? i mean where before i saw a concrete wall, now i see an escape route lol

Back