• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Old School or Classic NSX???

Recently I have been approached by people admiring my car but at the same time insulting me.

The first guy saw it in my garage and said “Hey, you have one of those old school NSXs! I haven’t seen one of those in a while.”

The second experience was from a dealer at the local dealership. He asked what other vehicles I had in the garage and when I told him an NSX he said “Oh, you have one of those classic cars!”

My question is why am I upset by this? I know our cars might be getting up there in age but I wouldn’t see someone calling to a F355/F360 or corvette (of the same year) calling it a classic or old school.

its the pop ups , time to do a 2002 conversion:tongue:

but you car is very sick and fast tho lol, so props

Don't get mad, I actually call mine "It's a Classic" .. when people are "Oh, such nice car, this or that" I always come with the "It's a Classic" ... and the 355 is also a classic pretty much!

Like, 2 weeks ago I had a very nice older guy with a BAD ASS Corvette Hennessey and while his car is so bad-ass all he wanted to talk about is how amazing the 20 years old NSX design looks etc etc ... All I could say was: "Yeah, It's a Classic already"

"It's a Classic" = AWESOME, in my Book, you know why? because any of our neighbors with old Camrys -that are also almost 20 years old- can't say that.

"It's a Classic" is different than "Old car"

And no, don't do the 02+ in the front because all you will hear is, "That's a weird bug eye" .. that's all I hear when I am with 02+ nsx's from people ! lol

Oscar

I'm not sure why you are upset by this, I don't think it is an insult at all. It has been 20 years since its been introduced. Saying it's old school or classic actually makes me smile. Very few 20 year old cars manage as well as an NSX does. It is unique.

FWIW I do see the 348 and 355 as classics or "old school" Ferrari. The 355 is still a badass.

It's a classic Japanese Supercar! (I know I am going to get flamed for that one)

anything 20+ years old is TECHNICALLY a "classic"...I wish all "classics" didn't have to pass CA Smog...:mad:

I guess I feel our car is timeless and I want it to live on FOREVER.

I am thinking about getting another car BUT I am keeping the NSX. I have too much time, money and enjoyment in her. I just want to add another stable mate for her.

When I talk to people about my car I almost always refer to it as a classic. That is not a bad thing as not many modern cars can be called a classics, but the NSX definatley can. I would also say the F355 is very old school and a classic as well which has not aged all that well IMHO. The 360 is another story as it still looks fresh.

Don't get mad, I actually call mine "It's a Classic" .. when people are "Oh, such nice car, this or that" I always come with the "It's a Classic" ... and the 355 is also a classic pretty much!

Like, 2 weeks ago I had a very nice older guy with a BAD ASS Corvette Hennessey and while his car is so bad-ass all he wanted to talk about is how amazing the 20 years old NSX design looks etc etc ... All I could say was: "Yeah, It's a Classic already"

"It's a Classic" = AWESOME, in my Book, you know why? because any of our neighbors with old Camrys -that are also almost 20 years old- can't say that.

"It's a Classic" is different than "Old car"

And no, don't do the 02+ in the front because all you will hear is, "That's a weird bug eye" .. that's all I hear when I am with 02+ nsx's from people ! lol

Oscar

+1
My old "Classic Mustang" went up in value every time I got it appraised. "Classic" = value. give the car time, eventually people will discover these cars are rarer than rare and the value will start increasing again.
at 20 years my car is considered a classic.
I am at 50 years, what does that make me?
LOL
If 20 is old, then I am ???

Last edited:
I feel you got a little touchy with these comments. They werent ripping on your car...right? These people didnt say your car is under powered or dumb looking. Just saying its old skool seems about right. Saying its old skool isnt an insult I swear.

I dont care what people want to call it. Its one of the best cars ever made new or classic

Are you your car? You are you and a car is a car, isn't it? You didn't carry it for 9 months and then give birth to it did you? Because you sound like a woman whose baby has been called ugly (usually correctly). :biggrin:

I am cool with it. I think I am just sensitive with what people say about my car.

I truly believe it is ONE OF THE BEST SPORTS CARS EVER MADE!!! I will keep this car long as it makes sense. I guess it will become a classic one day but it is not now.

I guess I am also confused because most people think the car is brand new or newly new.

My buddy and I were at a track event and he has a 07 C6 Corvette and someone asked if my car was the newer version of his C6.

It's a good thing I don't care what other say or think.
I bought this car for Me myself and I!!!

PS. People need to get over it and accept it's an old car..late 80's design that came into existence in 91 and left unchanged till it's demise.
If you can't get over that then buy a new car so you can satisfy the people who believe the NSX was overhyped, underpowered and overpriced.

Zaid

Arfnsx Im gonna keep my NSX even if it doesnt make sense LOL

one day I will be 89 years old and still waxing it in the shade, all the while kids on Hover boards are laughing at me waxing a car that has wheels.

my only question is how many do I want to keep.

Im up to my neck In NSX's and the PM's daily are a nice surprise.

I put a collector's plate on mine, and people said 'but it looks so new' - no one would tell me it's old, or old school, or classic because the plate indicated that it is a collector item.

Given the fairly widespread lack of soul and style in most new cars, I would take "Old School" or "Classic" as a compliment.

well the NSX first came out in 1990...
if you look at other cars in same era, I think the NSX can be called classic.

1990_911_turbo_3.3_2.jpg

10251504_199109.jpg

96vette.jpg

ferrari-348-tb-7_460x0w.jpg

cata-supra-USA_89_09.jpg

Back