• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OMG - Dealer Wrecked My '04

theman1990 said:
If that's the same car it's showing up on that site that lets you check such things as clean and never wrecked...

Unfortunately the problem is not the site (carfax) but, often the insurance, the dealer or sometimes the owner of the car. In many cases a dealer and insurance may negotiate a higher price for the car in doing so keeping the insurance from reporting it as a total. ie in this particular case the dealer may have agreed to buy the car from the insurance company for more money than salvage value, knowing it could repair the car at cost, hence, averting the salvage title by the insurance. Similarly, an owner who would not make a claim on his own car and choose to pay out of pocket instead of going through the insurance company would not show a mark on carfax. Bottom line, buyers beware and check your purchase out thoroughly.

At first glance this seemed like a good deal at $59k until I thought the VIN looked a bit familiar and decided to check it out on NSX PRIME. Sure enough here was the thread. So, thank you Rayan for posting the VIN.

Ill do you one better....

I went to go buy that car for myself at Manheim AA on 10/20/06, i really want an Orange 02 and up but at the time was willing to settle. Anyways the kicker is the car has FRAME damage, not severe and not visual but its there. If these dealer is really trying to scam someone, why not price the car at or near market value. Doesnt an 04 NSX for for thousands less than NADA retail seem strange to you?

Not a bad car but resell value might be a problem. When I get my newer body style NSX, Im sure I might eventually sell it so it would be an issue. If my current NSX had frame I wouldnt care because ill never sell it

By the way, it sold for around $54k:wink:

RyanITV said:
If it makes everyone feel better, the VIN # is JH4NA21634T000028

Pictures of the damage (crash and burn?) are posted here.
it's also listed for sale in Yahoo Autos
2004 Acura NSX T
in PITTSBURGH, PA

Price: $59,900
Mileage: 9,017
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Blue
Body Style: Coupe
Doors: Two Door
Engine: 6 Cylinder
Transmission: Manual
Drive Type: 2 wheel drive
VIN: JH4NA21634T000028
Stereo: Bose Sound System
Fuel Type: Gasoline
1132877324.211178597.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

1132877323.211178597.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

1132877322.211178597.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

ok ok ok :biggrin:
here is the best part!!!
Comments:
2004 ACURA NSX TARGA 6SP - One owner. Low Mileage. Well maintained. Runs and drives great! Paint looks new. Fully loaded interior. Fully serviced, inspected, and detailed before delivery. Still in factory warranty. Financing available.

i wonder why it looks new :rolleyes:
:biggrin:

Last edited:
amgnsx said:
it's also listed for sale in Yahoo Autos
2004 Acura NSX T
in PITTSBURGH, PA

Price: $59,900
Mileage: 9,017
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Blue
Body Style: Coupe
Doors: Two Door
Engine: 6 Cylinder
Transmission: Manual
Drive Type: 2 wheel drive
VIN: JH4NA21634T000028
Stereo: Bose Sound System
Fuel Type: Gasoline

Coupe? I thought it was a "T"? :confused:

Price it low and get it out the door before anyone finds out the low down.

To get a car that has no accident damage you really need a contact within the insurance industry. That person can simply plug in the vin into their data base and find out if the car has had any claim no matter how small, even glass replacement. AND THAT IS HOW CARFAX SHOULD WORK FOR $20 BUCKS A POP!!!!!!!!!!

The Kid said:

I went to go buy that car for myself at Manheim AA on 10/20/06, i really want an Orange 02 and up but at the time was willing to settle. Anyways the kicker is the car has FRAME damage, not severe and not visual but its there. If these dealer is really trying to scam someone, why not price the car at or near market value. Doesnt an 04 NSX for for thousands less than NADA retail seem strange to you?

Not a bad car but resell value might be a problem. When I get my newer body style NSX, Im sure I might eventually sell it so it would be an issue. If my current NSX had frame I wouldnt care because ill never sell it

The Kid said:

Thanks again for the heads up on this car :). I actually had the car checked out at a dealer in their area. Their report did not mention anything about body damage.

Bat™

I emailed them via ebay a few days ago and said "Wasn't this car in an accident and repainted not too long ago"? This was the reply I got today... :rolleyes:

"The car is clean. It has a clean carfax, and was inspected by Acura"

Thanks,
Mike Fanto Jr.
Tower Auto Sales Inc
1-800-515-4227 ex71.

I emailed them via ebay as well and this was my response.

"Give me a break. I am just trying to sell the car? Everyone that is interested in it, has contacted the preivios owner. I have spoke with him myself. Dont sit there and call me names like you know whats up. Thank you for your concern."

I was a little more rude than you I think. :) (I don't know how these guys sleep at night) Why would you want to live a life of lies?

nsxrock said:
I emailed them via ebay as well and this was my response.

"Give me a break. I am just trying to sell the car? Everyone that is interested in it, has contacted the preivios owner. I have spoke with him myself. Dont sit there and call me names like you know whats up. Thank you for your concern."

I was a little more rude than you I think. :) (I don't know how these guys sleep at night) Why would you want to live a life of lies?

If the guy bought the car at auction for $54K and did not know about the damage to the car why would you be so rude to him and/or say things like "how can you sleep at night" ? :confused:

Don't you think it's possible the guy had/has no idea the car was damaged and is just trying to make money ? :frown:

There's something up with this car on eBay anyway, almost like the bidders KNOW. The car is "priced to sell" (Buy it now).

NSX's on eBay that are priced right have sold with Buy it now a number of times in the past 3 months or so. I know - I've been watching.

But this one, even being priced right, is not drawing nearly what it should in bids. :rolleyes:

steveny said:
To get a car that has no accident damage you really need a contact within the insurance industry. That person can simply plug in the vin into their data base and find out if the car has had any claim no matter how small, even glass replacement. AND THAT IS HOW CARFAX SHOULD WORK FOR $20 BUCKS A POP!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly! I've been saying this for years. By the way, you owe me $60.:biggrin: :wink:

There's nothing wrong with buying this car if the price is right and it still has an Acura warantee. So what is this car really worth, and is the damage that bad that it shouldn't be on the road?

DocL said:
There's nothing wrong with buying this car if the price is right and it still has an Acura warantee. So what is this car really worth, and is the damage that bad that it shouldn't be on the road?

True, but there is a lot wrong with buying this car if the dealer is not disclosing it has accident damage. What this car is worth and what they are trying to sell it for are two VERY different figures.

steveny said:
True, but there is a lot wrong with buying this car if the dealer is not disclosing it has accident damage. What this car is worth and what they are trying to sell it for are two VERY different figures.

It's terrible that the dealer isn't disclosing the information, but the fact that we have evidence gives one of us the upper hand in negotiating a deal. For $50K I'd buy this car in a minute and drive it until it fell apart.

DocL said:
It's terrible that the dealer isn't disclosing the information, but the fact that we have evidence gives one of us the upper hand in negotiating a deal. For $50K I'd buy this car in a minute and drive it until it fell apart.

Yes, the internet has shifted the power as to who knows what. I would buy this car for 50k too, hell I would buy ten of them. I bet 50k is pretty close to what the dealer has into the car. Now they want to sell it and make a huge profit, They think, on this one they aren't going to make their usual 4-5k they are going to make a 10k+ killing.....and they will. Someone will come along and buy this car for close to what they are asking then the buyer will come to Prime and be very pissed off. I can't wait to see how this one pans out.

steveny said:
I bet 50k is pretty close to what the dealer has into the car.

Originally Posted by The Kid
I went to go buy that car for myself at Manheim AA on 10/20/06,

And as I asked earlier, isn't it *possible* the dealer does NOT know the car's history ? As for making a killing goes, I'm betting any one of us here would take as much as we could get for our cars, no ? I can't ever remember a seller telling me "Oh, no. $25K is too much money, just give us $23K and that'll be just fine !!!" :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Why should HE be any different ? :confused:

NSX-GUY said:
And as I asked earlier, isn't it *possible* the dealer does NOT know the car's history ? As for making a killing goes, I'm betting any one of us here would take as much as we could get for our cars, no ? I can't ever remember a seller telling me "Oh, no. $25K is too much money, just give us $23K and that'll be just fine !!!" :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Why should HE be any different ? :confused:

I absolutely agree. The other point is everyone here has tried to buy their cars as cheap as possible.
"Oh, no. $25K is too much money, I will give you $23K and that'll be just fine !!!"

Also if this car went for 54k at the auction where bidders did not know it's history and bid on it like it was a perfect car, if that were the case. Just how much money are dealers making on a similar car that is perfect and sells for top dollar?

It doesn't matter where he bought the car, or even what he paid for it :confused: . The FACT of the matter is, that he is now AWARE of previous damage to the vehicle and is not disclosing it to potential buyers, EVEN WHEN THEY ASK! And that is WRONG! :mad:

I would bet (since they have been in contact with the original owner, who gave them a link to this thread) that they are watching this thread, and just hoping that they will get some poor schmuck who doesn't know anything about this site, or these vehicles...:rolleyes:

ShiftyBob said:
It doesn't matter where he bought the car, or even what he paid for it :confused: . The FACT of the matter is, that he is now AWARE of previous damage to the vehicle and is not disclosing it to potential buyers, EVEN WHEN THEY ASK! And that is WRONG! :mad:

I would bet (since they have been in contact with the original owner, who gave them a link to this thread) that they are watching this thread, and just hoping that they will get some poor schmuck who doesn't know anything about this site, or these vehicles...:rolleyes:

it is possible thatthe damage was disclosed at the auction along with the fact the car has a clean title/carfax? Is the buyer thinking he might have been able to sell the car with a clean carfax?

I guess when the auctioneer announced "vehicle has frame but is not visable" the dealer buying the car might not have heard it or when the yellow light was on at the block indicating "AS-IS" maybe he didnt see that. Maybe when the buyer got the auction slip that stated "FRAME" in bold letters, yet again he may have missed it.:biggrin:

As a dealer, Id like to think I always do the right thing because you know what? Its not worth it. You'll always get busted and it doesnt make sense. Ive never knowingly F'd anyone and if by error we did, im more that happy to make matters right at whatever costs are required.

The Kid said:
I guess when the auctioneer announced "vehicle has frame but is not visable" the dealer buying the car might not have heard it or when the yellow light was on at the block indicating "AS-IS" maybe he didnt see that. Maybe when the buyer got the auction slip that stated "FRAME" in bold letters, yet again he may have missed it.:biggrin:

As a dealer, Id like to think I always do the right thing because you know what? Its not worth it. You'll always get busted and it doesnt make sense. Ive never knowingly F'd anyone and if by error we did, im more that happy to make matters right at whatever costs are required.

Well you are one of the only few with that kind of thinking. A lot car dealerships are still run with unethical and dishonest salespeople. They should disclose that the car had damage prior.

ediddynsx said:
Well you are one of the only few with that kind of thinking. A lot car dealerships are still run with unethical and dishonest salespeople. They should disclose that the car had damage prior.

I would wholesale a car like that, why even get involved and open that can of worms. But I guess thats why the numbers speak for themselves:biggrin:

Back