• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinions on a '93 in WA JH4NA1159PT000587

Opinions on a '93 in WA

Here's one for the brain trust:

This car just showed up on Autotrader. It's a Silver '93 with 31k miles, asking price is $34k. VIN JH4NA1159PT000587. Car is stock, 1 owner, and on consignment with a dealer. I spoke with the dealer who referred my questions to the owner. It looks like no maintenance has ever been done save oil and tire changes. The local Acura dealer has a record of service in '95 (though they purged it and no details are available) and a tire replacement in '99. That's it. There are some serious flaws in almost every panel of this car:

Rear Fender:
fb116f8c.jpg

Rear bumper:
fb116f26.jpg

Passenger door:
fb116f58.jpg

Front airdam:
fb116f6c.jpg

Driver's seat:
fb116f7a.jpg

Also strange is that the Carfax shows that they won't certify milage because it's not a 6-figure odometer; doesn't show the zero in front of the thirty thousand miles. Of course we all know this not to be the case, and I've not had it come up on any of the other NSX Carfax reports I've run. What gives?

Anyway, I'm just wondering what we think this car is worth. I figure it's not worth pursuing, due to both lack of maintenance and what appears to be a deadbeat owner. It would take at least $3k to make it current enough to drive home, and then an untold amount of paint and bodywork. But '93 Silver cars are hard to find...

thanks as always,
Jamie

i checked it out tonight..... the pictures that you posted of the scratches are just as they look..... a long key mark on both sides, and the blemish on the bumper.... what they didnt get is that the front lip spoiler (the black abs one) has taken a few hits, and has seen better days.....its hanging down a tad on the passenger side by only a little but.... but taking out the 10mm bolt, and reattaching it would fix it quite easily...... besides the scuff on the rear bumper, there is another little nick that has been touch up painted. the scratch on the drivers door is actually a medium size ding..... the ding is not a smooth ding that can be "dent doctored out" but more of a sharp and inward pointy ding. The leather seats inside have wear, that is not uncommon for the age of the car.... my seats have about the same amount of wear.. i started the car and it started fine..... i couldnt let it warm up all the way cause it was in the showroom, and i didnt want to poison everyone with carbon dioxide. the engine sounded smooth and just like mine, and i didnt hear and valvetrain noise. the thing is bone bone stock..... could just a engine bay wash, but that is no big deal.

Basically it looks like a nsx that is in average condition on the inside, and engine bay. But suffered alittle parkinglot jealously and someone ran around it with a key. Basically just as you saw in those extra photots that they sent you..... didnt look any worse or any better than they represented, looks like they were honest about the condition of the car.

i checked under the front hood, and under the rear glass, and the bolts for the fenders have never been taken off. i looked underneath and it hasnt been bottomed out, although the underneath tow hook looks like it kissed some cement, when happens to be the side the front lip kissed the cement.

The dealership is fairly new, 4 some odd months..... but they have some nice cars... this one is on consignment.

my opinion : looks like a nice car if you dont mind repainting it...... you would have to do the front & rear bumper, and both sides..... you might as well just respray all the silver on the car. so she looks all new and shiney again.

I bought my 1991 with 41,232 miles on it for 32,500 and got a tiltbed trailer for haul my race car with as a "bonus" gift.

consider what a NICE paint job would cost from someone who will do it correctly, and factor that into the price.

Msg me if you need to know more.

-Ray

Back