• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Organized NSX Meets

Talk about starting a regular NSX meet has been circulating and some suggested a new thread be started. This is it !

In order to allow schedules to be aligned resulting in more attendees, I suggest we set up a Day of the Week and a week in every month that a Meet will take place. ( ie first Wed evening every month as an example). The second thing is to set up a venue that will please us all ( ie. one east, one west, Mikeys Shop and 10 at Stu's house etc. )

Also, what do you think of having it catered? We can all drop a few bucks and have it more of an organised meet. MikeyNSX has some ideas he got from the Southern California groups .

The only way this can work properly is if we all make an effort. Throw in your ideas, availability, etc. and let's set it up.

Catered? If its at someones house we can just order in. If its out, we can just order!

Y'all can come over to my place once the weather warms up! Thatd be awesome - Ill block off parking! We could combine it with some type of technical thing - my garage is just feet away from my bbq! When youre not watching garrick wrench on something, you can paint the inside of my garage!

we should do some sort of exotic meet or just the NSX's weekly in and around the area of Mike's shop as it seems most of us live closer to there than the meets out in Etobicoke, which i dont see myself going to more than once every couple weeks

I'm cool with it being at my place once a month, perhpas in winter with the Yacht Club being an option as the summer starts.

Probably what we should do is charge an up-front fee to show up to all events (join our club) and that way food is covered for all events - I don't mind picking up the ball a bit on the $$$ side, but I like the idea of joining the club and paying "dues" in advance so you feel you're commited to come - none of this, "its raining so I won't bother" sh1t.

Probably what we should do is charge an up-front fee to show up to all events (join our club) and that way food is covered for all events - .... I like the idea of joining the club and paying "dues" in advance so you feel you're commited to come - none of this, "its raining so I won't bother" sh1t.

100% Stu ! That is what I'm talking about. You're in or not. The way any club functions. I think this is a terrific idea.

Do you guys like the idea of a meet every 2 weeks or 1 a month ? ( or something different ) ?

100% Stu ! That is what I'm talking about. You're in or not. The way any club functions. I think this is a terrific idea.

Do you guys like the idea of a meet every 2 weeks or 1 a month ? ( or something different ) ?
id say either once a week for a mini meet and then once every 2 weeks for an organized event

I like the idea of a paid membership in a club, then people just come and go as they please to the meets.

We should also look into getting memberships cards made up, that can be use for service etc.

Bram

I'm cool with it being at my place once a month, perhpas in winter with the Yacht Club being an option as the summer starts.

Probably what we should do is charge an up-front fee to show up to all events (join our club) and that way food is covered for all events - I don't mind picking up the ball a bit on the $$$ side, but I like the idea of joining the club and paying "dues" in advance so you feel you're commited to come - none of this, "its raining so I won't bother" sh1t.

How about once a month for sometype of organized get together?

Any more frequent than that and you'll have the bulk of us with kids and 18 hr a day jobs missing too many of them. The ones that we show up for will be random, and thus we'll get a small number showing per.

If we have one event per month, we will probably all show and we will have a great turn out.

I'm with Dave. Once a month for an official gathering and weekly minimeets for the casual drop in.

And yes, if there is a spot for me to do some work, I owe Arshad and Stu some wrenching!

once a month for an organized event which includes driving lets say on a sunday for example,(thinking about starting off the driving season with a detail clinic so our cars will get all freshened up after sitting all winter, then cruise) and 2 mini meet's per month during the week nights like stu's place , acura dealership etc......

Count me in. I agree with Dave's point -- anything more than once a month and it'll be difficult to attend for those with busy schedules and family comittments.

A short drive as part of the get-togethers sounds like a great idea too!

This is a great idea. I like the idea of membership dues. Remember NSXCA members can ask the NSXCA board for $$$ to host an event.

I think once a month is good. Please keep in mind out of towners. If you guys are planning prepaid catering, we'll need a Platinum and Gold membership, with different fees for those who can take full advantage of it and those who cannot.

I recomend keeping it simple. A single membership fee, pay for play for food, once a month get togethers.

The meetings would be great to discuss attracting others to come out and maybe a Mini NSXPO.

Those of us in Western NY would also be interested in joining. Please keep us in the loop.....sounds awesome!!!!
Cheers,
John B

If you're from the USA and you want to join you need to be "Canadianscised"

Its kinda like circumcision, but it involves maple syrup and some BC Hydroponic :wink:

Those of us in Western NY would also be interested in joining. Please keep us in the loop.....

Definitely want to have you guys from upstate NY (or anywhere else in the States) coming to our meets. How else do you think we get all our go-fast mail order parts into the country? :wink:

I also agree with Dave about a 1 per month pre-organized main meet.
Daria

If you guys would like to use my parking lot for your meets ... feel free ... We hold a couple Vette get-togethers in the spring and summer ... but you can have an NSX only day if you want.

Corner of Mavis and Central Parkway in Mississauga ... Tim Horons / Wendy's and Pioneer Gas Station.

Denny's Carwash and Detail is right across the street ... and the Handwash Station is just around the corner!

Let me know if you are interested.

Mark

Sounds like a great idea. If its on a regular day, us up here in Ottawa (and we are numbering in the double digits now boys) can plan ahead to drop by and crash the party once in a while ;)

Can I come ? I don't have an NSX though :(

I'm good friend's with Mikey though

Can I come ? I don't have an NSX though :( ....

Without being cruel.....it IS a NSX meet. I believe a prerequisite would be you have to be an NSX owner. I just spoke to Mikey yesterday and he was saying that the cruises should also be NSX specific. No Lambs no Ferrari's only X's. I think this club/ organization/meet should be NSX spacific.

Comments guys...............

BTW, there are lots of general meets that take place all the time.

Last edited:
i agree with rick there are lots of general car meets and cruises, lets keep it X's only. hey kenji youre welcome to roll with me in my X to any events or cruises until you get your white one of course, then join the club!!!! hurry man......

Back