• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paid $4.19/gal for gas last night

Maybe higher prices will cause people in my state to slow down. $40 to fill up a Fit:eek: Damn!

I drive S2K speed limit or below on the street and coast like a sonofabitch whenever I can. I put it in neutral whenever I can , it's like a manual hybrid LOL

Hey does roll starting ( popping the clutch ) hurt the car if you do it on a regular basis?

Maybe higher prices will cause people in my state to slow down. $40 to fill up a Fit:eek: Damn!

It's So Cal man. Prices out here are nuts. Im surprised there aren't more big SUV owners that have gone postal yet. To fill up the Fit usually sets me back in the mid to high $30's now. So im guessing 40 bucks will be coming soon. :mad: Better start coasting more like you going forward...:cool:

It's So Cal man. Prices out here are nuts. Im surprised there aren't more big SUV owners that have gone postal yet. To fill up the Fit usually sets me back in the mid to high $30's now. So im guessing 40 bucks will be coming soon. :mad: Better start coasting more like you going forward...:cool:

LOL dude it's so bad I haven't even red lined the thing yet!

Yep they should be worried because rebellion will come!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080609/ap_on_bi_ge/saudi_oil

TIPS ON PUMPING GAS

........Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the! ground , the more dense the gasoline. When it gets warmer, gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening, your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol, and other petroleum products play an important role. A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.....

Since the ground has good insulating properties isn't the gas first thing in the morning still warm from the previous day where the gas in mid day is cooler?

My house with all the latest in insulation has a delayed effect where during the day it's cool. At night the house is warmer than the outside.

Makes sense?

I read somewhere but cant find it now. That the temp difference is so minimal that it doesn't make much difference.

Option 2 and 3 about the pump speed and the half full/empty thing sound logical though. Might have to look into that.

Paid $4.61 for 91 octane at Costco for my daily driver today. I get a 5% "rebate" on gas using my AMEX at costco, so net-net price ppg was $4.38.

The amazing thing was that I said to myself "that's pretty good".:frown:

Last Friday it was already at $4.89...the Chevron at Masonic/Fell. It could easily be over or close to $5.00 by now. :eek:

Dang! I love Cali but man:eek:

I was at the gas station today and the guy before me had stopped the pump at $100...............yikes...........I've never seen that before.

I didnt see the car before me..........just noticed that the price was stopped at $100 even..........I guess he paid inside with a $100 bill and pumped what he could get for that.

It's really getting bad...I wouldn't too worried if I had stock in oil companies when oil was $50 a barrel. Correct me if I misheard but the price of a gallon of gas is due to lack of refineries??? If that's the case then lack of refineries should back log the crude supply thereby keeping the price down??? I 'm not an econ major but just trying to see the correlation between high price for a gallon of gas and barrels of oil. I can see the refining part driving up the price. How does it affect the crude prices??\

Danny
RED SR 71
:confused:

cant say I totally understand either but I thought that the people on wall street were bidding up the price based on their ideas of the future supplies of crude and such............and somehow this causes the prices to increase at the pump???

I was at the gas station today and the guy before me had stopped the pump at $100...............yikes...........I've never seen that before.

Happens to me in my SUV. 30 gallon tank. I filled 26 gallons @4.40. Total = $115. Needless to say, I only drive the SUV ONLY when I have to.

Last year I drove my Integra a total of 500 miles. This year, almost 3,000. So at least the high prices got me to start driving my more fuel efficient vehicle.

I pay 4.00 a gallon for 110 octane!! Downey, Ca

So is this leaded or unleaded? Can someone explain why we can't use leaded fuel?

If we could use leaded in our cars or any car, I'd drive down there with a truck and extra cans/barrels/tanks and buy as much fuel as I could at that price.

I was filling up my wife's MDX and the pump started to slow down at $75. I'm like, wtf? I guess the maximum I could pump was $75. Fucking gas is $4.8x here.

The SUV takes $100+ when almost empty now. I used to rarely drive the NSX to work, but I've been driving it a lot more now. SUV is ~35 cents a mile using 89 octane gas, NSX is ~25 cents a mile, even using the 30% more expensive 93 octane gas (as opposed to the normal 91).

I was filling up my wife's MDX and the pump started to slow down at $75. I'm like, wtf? I guess the maximum I could pump was $75. Fucking gas is $4.8x here.

When using a credit card, it stops at $75. It's a rule CC companies have in place. You have to go inside and rerun the card to start over. It's a security measure for stolen cards. Requires to you to go in and show ID if you are running up the bill. I learned about that when I was filling up my SUV...back when gas was ONLY $3.00/gallon.

When using a credit card, it stops at $75. It's a rule CC companies have in place. You have to go inside and rerun the card to start over. It's a security measure for stolen cards. Requires to you to go in and show ID if you are running up the bill. I learned about that when I was filling up my SUV...back when gas was ONLY $3.00/gallon.

I remember when the limit used to be $50. When gas went over $3 a gallon, they had to up it to $75. Now, it looks like some stations have even removed the $75 limit.

LOL Gas is only $4.29 for premium here but our X3 just sits! Amazing how much gas those things use even the smaller midsize SUVs.

Back