• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painted calipers

Hi all...I'm looking to paint my calipers red...so is Folia tec paint better then high temp engine paint? is it availible in CA? I've noticed past threads seem split on which is better/price etc...
Any advise would be great.Thanks!! :smile:

go to a body shop, $200-350 and they can clearcoat them so they look shiny for miles to come. More expensive than the folia tec kit but hey; isnt your NSX worth it! :smile:

I just painted mine with the kit from Dali Racing...

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=697

It was very easy to do (painting part anyway). You mix the hardener with the paint and brush it on. It took me about 4 coats to get the coverage I wanted. The paint is rock solid once it dries and dirt easily washes away. Here is the finished product:

Attachments

• caliper paint.JPG
    caliper paint.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 436
Painted mine with brake caliper paint from a local auto supply store.
Be sure it's good for at least 900 degrees.

I prefered spray paint, and had the calipers removed.
Cleaned first with a wire brush.

If you do a search, you will fine more detailed descriptions. :smile:

I started with the brush-on two-part type & switched to the VHT spray below which gave a much better finish IMO. It has lasted well.

Remove the calipers (lock a pair of vise grips across the brake hose to avoid losing all the fluid) and mask up the areas you don't want painted (e.g. around the banjo inlet) and spray - no primer needed.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3905&prmenbr=361

Attachments

• red_blk_caliper.jpg
    red_blk_caliper.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 350
The pics of the spray painted calipers are okay but a body shop would have them looking like porsche twin turbo calipers!! They come out so much nicer, IMO. I always painted mine myself but now I will only go to a body shop :smile:

Michael,

First, happy holidays! and secondly my car will be back around Jan 15. Im going to Miami for New Years and thats the earliest I can get out to NY to pic her up. :frown: Plenty of before and after's coming; stay tuned :smile:

Back