• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painting ONLY the front calipers...

Was wondering what you guys would think about painting ONLY the front calipers. And what colour would go well with Sebring Silver? I know it's a personal thing, but just thought I'd solicit some ideas before deciding.

Thanks, folks.

nsxtasy said:
Silver.

Or, maybe black.

Definitely NOT any other color (NOT red, NOT yellow, etc).

nsxtasy> Thanks. That's what I thought too. My calipers (Brembo in front, OEM in back) are painted black right now, but I'm getting these slinky sexy new wheels soon which will reveal the brakes even more than the current wheels do, so I thought maybe I'd dress the calipers up a bit more. Adding to the decision-mix is the option of getting the new wheels with either polished silver or black spokes. I'm thinking if I get the wheels with silver spokes, I'll keep the calipers as they are now, so there'll be a bit of a contrast, but if I get the black spokes, it might look better if the calipers were painted silver.

Yes, I know, this is getting really anal. :D

Thanks for listening (or reading).

What about caliper color for formula red cars?

I'm repainting some parts to my red car, and might entertain painting my calipers also.

Would red/red be a major faux paus? (I have a black top '91)

G

gheba_nsx said:
I would go for red! Especially if you have Brembos, they are so sexy! :p

Gheba> You don't think red would stand out a little bit *too* much? I'm not sure I can handle too much attention.

But then again, on my previous NSX, I did have the OEM calipers painted red. Ah, but I was young then.

NSXGMS said:
What about caliper color for formula red cars?

I'm repainting some parts to my red car, and might entertain painting my calipers also.

Would red/red be a major faux paus? (I have a black top '91)

G

No way, I think having a spot of red would go really well with that body colour of yours.

On my old SIiver (now Martin's) I had them red. I do not think they draw all that attention... afterall the car is quite exotic anyway.

Secondly aren't you in HK? From what I know it is similar to here and Porsche+Ferraris with red brakes are everywhere... :D

gheba_nsx said:
On my old SIiver (now Martin's) I had them red. I do not think they draw all that attention... afterall the car is quite exotic anyway.

Secondly aren't you in HK? From what I know it is similar to here and Porsche+Ferraris with red brakes are everywhere... :D

Hmmm.....maybe I'll have to give this some more thought. Thanks for the input.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to have a photo lying around somewhere of your old silver NSX with those red calipers, would you?

Gheba> Nice photos, and very nice car. I'm still undecided about the eventual caliper colours, but I'd love to get an NSX-specific car cover. Thanks.

What color did you go with for your calipers? I am a new owner of a '99 kaiser silver, and I am also considering painting my calipers. I like the little bit of color the red provides. Silver or black might blend in too much for all the work we would put into them. If you painted yours, please post a picture so I can check them out. Thanks.
Jesse

My calipers are black still. Haven't decided what to do with them yet.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 234
One more vote for red.

I have red painted calipers on my black nsx. They look very good in my opinion. I would imagine they would look great on your silver nsx as well.

You can always repaint them if you do not like the look of whatever color you decide on.

Good luck!

I had red calipers on my black NSX too, but don't think I'll be going the same route with the silver. I'll probably end up doing nothing with them, since black is pretty subtle, and in my old age, subtlety is a plus. Thanks for the replies, folks.

Lazarus said:
and in my old age, subtlety is a plus.

LOL, I am not sure that subtlety and the NSX really belong together in the same string of sentences! If you want subtle, try an Accord. My opinion is to stay with the black calipers though. I think it looks great the way it is.

Back