• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Payroll taxes 2013...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of employees are going to be shocked at their first paycheck of the year. I can't believe how much more is being taken out of my staff's paychecks, let alone mine. :eek::mad:

yeah to get re-elected he said I will not take more money out of your checks, pull the wool over their eyes LOL 95% voted for him

my wife has about 200 taken out this month and they will continue to take out the same ammount EVERY single month.

and no one is fighting it, go ahead and take more of my money its OK. we dont want to be racist

its called " Wealth re-distribution "

My check was $31 less. I havent seen the physical stub yet, so I dont know exactly where the tax increases occurred.

But only 4 out of the 10 working days on my check was in 2013, so maybe my next check will be less?

Last edited:
He is a real team player isn't he? Lie to the People and get re-elected.....well America is getting what it deserves now. I do all I can to protect my income from these lying bastards and thieves so I am not giving it to those who choose to sit home, party all day and pop out kids who become yet another generation on government assistance. After all it is apparently now immoral to be successful and have any real money in the bank. Sorry.

Social security tax is up by 1.7% this year. My social security went up about 50 dollars this pay check.

Here is are articles about it....
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/2013130107008/New-year-does-bring-tax-rate-increase-Social-Security

Cairo94507,

This isn't for party all day sit at home bums, this money is for retired families and disabled people.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/just...ity-running-money-just-explain-133731426.html

While doing some investigating I found the article above. If social security is really going to run out 2033, why are we (the people who will retire after that date) paying for it? We are basically paying for something we'll never benefit from since we have way more than 3 decades left until we'll retire? I wonder how the government will address this issue in the future.

Last edited:
I got paid last week for my first time this year. Mine was 48 bucks less according to my stub. Poor keep getting poorer :(

I'm surprised anyone is surprised. It was well known that Social Security taxes would revert back to 6.2% from 4.2% this year. This was the "payroll tax holiday" in effect for 2011 and 2012. It expired just as it was scheduled to do. Originally it was a one year "holiday" but it was extended twice thereafter, first through February 2012 and then through the end of 2012.

- - - Updated - - -

I got paid last week for my first time this year. Mine was 48 bucks less according to my stub. Poor keep getting poorer :(

If you are on a weekly payroll then that social security tax increase deducted from your check would calculate out to you earning more than the maximum base wage so I wouldn't exactly say you were "poor"......

Last edited:
bi-weekly, and every little bit counts. Poor is a little exaggerated. I forgot what forum I was on a for a sec. 100% Serious stuff here......

Wasn't the Payroll Tax simply not extended? This tax was effectively 'there' but was suppressed temporarily as part of Obama's bid to 'help out' the vast majority of Americans? Not repealing a temporarily reduced tax rate, IMHO is grossly irresponsible and perpetually extending what were intended to be temporary tax cuts is by far a more dubious political move. I'm not thrilled about seeing a smaller portion of my income sneak past the IRS, but that is still better than snap fiscal cliff decisions and a semi-annual game of political chicken where our national credit worthiness is always the loser.

Yep - right on.

He is a real team player isn't he? Lie to the People and get re-elected.....well America is getting what it deserves now. I do all I can to protect my income from these lying bastards and thieves so I am not giving it to those who choose to sit home, party all day and pop out kids who become yet another generation on government assistance. After all it is apparently now immoral to be successful and have any real money in the bank. Sorry.

Fiscal Cliff Survival Pack from the White House

I just received mine today!

It contained:

- a parachute,

- an 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker,

- a 'Bush's Fault' poster,

- a 'Blame Boehner' poster,

- a 'Tax the Rich' poster,

- an application for unemployment,

- an application for food stamps,

- a prayer rug,

- a letter of assignation of debt to my grandchildren, and

- a machine to blow smoke up my a*s.

All directions were in Spanish and Arabic.

Keep an eye out. Yours should arrive soon.

Since the original post was "explained", it is probably best to lock this one down to avoid the inevitable, but understandable, political rhetoric and keep the Site Admin happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back