• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PerformancePackage™ Aluminum Coolant Reservoir Tank - $249.95 Shipped

I'm getting a very slow drip from the sight tube, anyone else having this issue?

Hello,

Your payment was received Friday at 5PM, we packed up the tank, but our USPS pickup is in the morning.

We also had a Postal Holiday on Monday, so Today was our Next Pickup from Friday. I show the package is at the Distribution Center, with tracking #CJ246589941US

Regards

Just ordered a black coolant tank! Hopefully the tube doesn't leak its my main concern with any of the aluminum ones. But I can't stand seeing the white tank in there anymore. But I see you're taking care of people that are having leaking tubes. Has everyone that has gotten a replacement tube had no issues afterwards? All stuff I probably should of asked before ordering lol.

Brian , I am in the same boat. I would like to order one, but am worried about the leaking tube.

Perhaps Scorp can chime in real quick on what is occuring? Or is just a product of a slight defect that is being fixed by a tube replacement.

Oh, and I am still waiting on the rear diff Brian :)

We've sold about 200 coolant tanks since introducing this product, and we've never had the tank structure, or welds, leak.

The sight tube is a piece of heat resistant plastic tubing, held in place by two compression fittings. If the tube isn't cut to the correct length, one of the compression fittings will not make a solid grab onto the tube, and it may seep coolant. It's not a catastrophic failure, and it's easily fixed with a tube cut to the exact length necessary.

We caught most of these by pressure testing the tanks before they go out, but we've had about a dozen of the 200 or so tanks where it was necessary to send a replacement tube - this was done at no cost to the owner.

We've sold about 200 coolant tanks since introducing this product, and we've never had the tank structure, or welds, leak.

The sight tube is a piece of heat resistant plastic tubing, held in place by two compression fittings. If the tube isn't cut to the correct length, one of the compression fittings will not make a solid grab onto the tube, and it may seep coolant. It's not a catastrophic failure, and it's easily fixed with a tube cut to the exact length necessary.

We caught most of these by pressure testing the tanks before they go out, but we've had about a dozen of the 200 or so tanks where it was necessary to send a replacement tube - this was done at no cost to the owner.

Ok, like I said I did order one. It arrived in good condition and shipped fast. I haven't installed it yet. I just always thought why not install a float stick like BMW's use and get rid of the tube all together. I wanted to have a custom one made but your tank looks great and a good value. I will post a installed pick soon.

Hi Scorp965,
I bought one of these a while back and just got a chance to install it and I'm getting a very slow drip from the sight tube. Can you take care of this?

Thanks,
Troy

I bought one and want to get a nicer cap for it. when buying one what type of fit or car model would I purchase since they make different ones?

I bought one and want to get a nicer cap for it. when buying one what type of fit or car model would I purchase since they make different ones?

Also interested, the spoon one might fit? But there are 2 types

Back