• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PerformancePackage™ Aluminum Coolant Reservoir Tank - $249.95 Shipped

Pm'end a week ago about my sight tube leaking, still waiting for a response.

Its time to replace my plastic tank -

Do you still have inventory?

And is the little leak issues resolved?

Appx. turnaround to NJ?

Thanks

PM Sent

- - - Updated - - -

Its time to replace my plastic tank -

Do you still have inventory?

And is the little leak issues resolved?

Appx. turnaround to NJ?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, we have inventory in both finishes; we produced several hundred tanks, in order to reduce the per-unit price.

All of our tanks are pressure-tested, inventoried, and on the shelf, typically we ship in 24 hours, or less.

Regards

Posted three weeks ago and Pm'end you about my sight tube leaking, still waiting for a response.

I'm in the same boat, tried to contact multiple times and still no tube... Can this issue please be resolved?

Does anyone know at least the size/pitch of the threads? After multiple tries I haven't gotten a response for my leaking tube so I'm going to block it off entirely...

After reading all these issues which is why I was Leary to buy. I got one before all these issues made it to here.
I might look into just plugging those ports before I even install mine to stop the problem before it starts.

After reading all these issues which is why I was Leary to buy. I got one before all these issues made it to here.
I might look into just plugging those ports before I even install mine to stop the problem before it starts.

PLEASE do this and show the specs of the parts used, I'm going to tackle my whole cooling system over the weekend and will be paying for shop time use. If I know what I need beforehand I won't have to remove it and then go run around finding parts while the car sits... Thank you in advance. :)

PLEASE do this and show the specs of the parts used, I'm going to tackle my whole cooling system over the weekend and will be paying for shop time use. If I know what I need beforehand I won't have to remove it and then go run around finding parts while the car sits... Thank you in advance. :)

If I get a chance to I will. Just by the looks it looks to be 1/4 inch pipe thread might be 1/8th. So a simple brass plug with one of those pipe threads from lowes should work. Just make sure to use a good thread sealer.

I had the same issue with a $650 GT-one coolant tank, and it only affects a small percentage of our coolant tanks (we've sold about 400 of them, and produced 500 total). We pressure tested the tanks before shipping, which includes the sight tube, however, some become stretched during installation, and some reseat, which causes weeping of coolant (not a failure), in all cases, a replacement tube does the trick, and we've gone out of our way not only to offer these tanks at a price about half that of our competitors, but we also supply replacement coolant tubes free of charge.

We have a few markets, and the NSX one is small, but close to our heart - we're not on nsxprime often, but we take care of our customers.

If you need support, for any of our products, drop an email to [email protected]

We knew going in that a small percentage of tanks would have this issue, it affects dali tanks, sos tanks, gt-one tanks, etc. - it's the nature of the design. However, we also decided it was better to have a sight tube, than not have one. If you wish to plug up the sight tube it's a simple process, using two bolts and loctite thread sealer (the paste), this will eliminate any issues with the tube itself, but you'll need to open the cap to check coolant level.

If you want to continue using the tube, most tanks work just fine. I've been using mine for nearly two years now without any issues. If you do see a small amount of coolant, drop us an email, or send us a PM, and we'll ship you a replacement.

era8ehan.jpg

amu9ebe2.jpg

Finally installed the tank! It looks great! I used 1/8" brass pipe thread plugs to seal the sight tube holes with a high temp pipe thread sealer. It worked well. If you have a 1/8" pipe tap run it thru first.

What radiator caps are people going with? I was trying to figure out which Mishimoto one would fit.

I also have the spoon type F, when I took my old cap off I was shocked. There was so much rust and gunk from poor quality materials. Def go with a quality cap, everything else was solid and nicely constructed.

sent an email and another pm about the replacement tube leaking as well, haven't heard back yet

I'm sorry to say the vendor does not appear to be responsive to the leaking tube problem. In Oct, I was promised that a replacement would be sent and have yet to receive anything. Numerous emails and PMs to the vendor have gotten zero response. I mean not even an acknowledgement. Looking at this thread, I'm not the only one.

Same issue with the tube leak also. Pm'd vendor about a week with no response. Correction I sent an email per one of their previous post. Ok just got an email from them. They are sending me out 2 sight tube and fittings just in case.

Last edited:
All these unanswered questions and concerns, and vendor just ignores them all and bumps thread....just saying...

Vendor has given directions/suggestions on what to do in the circumstances that you have one of the defective units along with their stance on the issue earlier on in this thread.
http://nsxprime.com/forum showthread.php?p=1812234
I think they prefer the email communication with respects to addressing defective units rather than this thread.

Last edited:
Back