• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

phase-one complete

**phase-one complete**

well, after over a year of collecting parts phase one is complete.
thanks to joe (pbassjo) and his crew at vince's autobody works for the hard work and attention to detail. check out the headlight install! just like oem! no cut and paste, great job joe!

_frontquarter.jpg

_hood.jpg

_rearquarter.jpg

_side.jpg

llight.jpg

_interior1.jpg

_interior2.jpg

rlight.jpg

Holy Headlights Batman!

That looks so good. One of the best conversions I have ever seen! Feels good to have it done and ready for the sun!

It is nice to pop the hood and see the quality of work under the covers as well as on the surface!

Your NSX is BAD ARSE!!!! Makes me miss mine. The only thing that would make it better is if it was GP white....:D

thanks for the feedback guys.

the wing is a nsx-r replica (not dreamsport, but the actual nsx-r mold)
it's fiberglass not the procar carbon fiber. (i wish)

I've seen other attempts at installing the fixed '03 headlights that don't compare to yours. Granted, nothing is better than an up close inspection; however, the pics speak volumes. Very good set up. Nice looking interior as well. In all a very beautiful car inside and out. Good luck with the next phase (send pics when your done).

satan_srv said:
what kind of side skirts are those?

skirts are SOS/Cantrell prototypes. they were the ones on chris' original white car.
the front of the skirts don't have the piece that the marga skirts have which pose a problem when marrying them with the marga fenders. the bottom of the marga fenders dive into the body to allow for fitment of that veritcal piece on the marga skirts. now that i don't have that vertical piece, there is about 1-2" of tire that is exposed if you look from the rear. aesthetically it doesn't bother me, however, potential damage from rocks kicking up from the tires do! i didn't forsee this.
damn.

Please the most info! You can give on that 2003 Headlight install, would be highly appreciated, also what were the part #'s and parts you needed for the 2003 headlights! I want to order mine but don't know exactly what it is I have to order from the dealer, I have asked people that work in parts Dept. but they do not know ! Your car looks great! I love those sideskirts, another question how would those sideskirts look with stock front fenders and also what kind of Rear fenders do you have are they Taitec? Thank You

pixelhaus said:
skirts are SOS/Cantrell prototypes. they were the ones on chris' original white car.
the front of the skirts don't have the piece that the marga skirts have which pose a problem when marrying them with the marga fenders. the bottom of the marga fenders dive into the body to allow for fitment of that veritcal piece on the marga skirts. now that i don't have that vertical piece, there is about 1-2" of tire that is exposed if you look from the rear. aesthetically it doesn't bother me, however, potential damage from rocks kicking up from the tires do! i didn't forsee this.
damn.

oh I see what you mean...so those are marge hills widebody fenders and the SoS prototype side skirts are mostly margahills but don't have the piece that you were talking about.

odd question..

what's that little clippy thingy on your glove compartment?

just curious..

thanks,
-x-

Re: **phase-one complete**

pixelhaus said:
well, after over a year of collecting parts phase one is complete.
thanks to joe (pbassjo) and his crew at vince's autobody works for the hard work and attention to detail. check out the headlight install! just like oem! no cut and paste, great job joe!

Your car is frickin gorgeous! Amazing job!

S D NSX said:
Please the most info! You can give on that 2003 Headlight install, would be highly appreciated,

** joe (pbassjo) did the wonderful install. i ordered the parts over a year ago, so it's kinda hard to remember everything. but, i did a lot of research with others on prime, with the dealer, and with joe. also, there were a few 'unexpected' purchases that had to be made during the process. i'll pm you a little more detail.

as far as the sideskirts being compatible with oem fenders, i would ask chris. it seems like they should considering how they are pretty straight at the ends. and, of course, a good fiberglass person can do wonders.

the rear wing is from michael polak. he's on prime and gets them made in poland by a fabricator that makes fiberglass glider bodies. he was good to me and even replaced the original broken wing i received from him.

good luck.
james

VBNSX said:
odd question..

thanks,
-x-

ah, that's just my cell phone clip. it's pretty helpful having it mounted there while i drive. easy to reach and easy to see. i bought it from autofreak in costa mesa or little tokyo. but, i see them everywhere now including target.

VBNSX said:
odd question..

thanks,
james

ah, that's just my cell phone clip. it's pretty helpful having it mounted there while i drive. easy to reach and easy to see. i bought it from autofreak in costa mesa or little tokyo. but, i see them everywhere now including target.

Very nice...one the the BEST 02 convertion that I've seen!!!are those JDM headllights or US OEM?

PS.I think with the NSX-R phototype look better with out the 02 tunk lip....

Last edited:
Pixelhaus,

Your car looks fantastic! I'm going to save the underhood images for the future when get an 02 conversion. I'll print them out and show the body shop how it's supposed to look when done the right way!

Juice said:
Excelent job by your shop. Nice selection of bolt ons. May I ask what phase 2 consists of?

yeah, kinda makes it sound like something major. sort of misleading. phase two is the wheel package and new suspension. but, from a cost perspective, it really is deserving of its own 'phase':eek:

btw, anyone want to buy these prodrives? (GC-07C 17x7.5, 18x9.5) EXCELLENT wheels! super light.
my wheel guy was completely amazed by the quality of the build. anyone with heavier wheels will notice a huge difference in overall driving experience with these. check out the marketplace in a few days for details. - with tires too! brand new rears (less than 1k) and fronts have plenty of life.

Back