• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pic Request: Spa & Rio Yellow

Ok... didn't think so.

I've seen several different shots of yellow NSX's but never one in person. Lighting conditions on some of the shots have been so different that were it not for obvious body differences the same car would seem to be two totally different colors.

Can anybody describe the difference in the two colors? Got a preference? I'm assuming Rio is a slightly richer color and that the Spa is lighter and may seem washed out in a comparison of the two?

I believe it really depends on the lighting, as I see a great range of color on my Spa Yellow '97. The Spa Yellow has subtle metal flake that really pops out and looks GREAT in the sun. I'm happy to send you some pics but suggest you attend an NSX meet somewhere to try and see the two colors in the same conditions.

Ok... didn't think so.

I've seen several different shots of yellow NSX's but never one in person. Lighting conditions on some of the shots have been so different that were it not for obvious body differences the same car would seem to be two totally different colors.

Can anybody describe the difference in the two colors? Got a preference? I'm assuming Rio is a slightly richer color and that the Spa is lighter and may seem washed out in a comparison of the two?

I have a Rio yellow NSX, and a fellow member here in Vegas (BigBrown) has a Spa yellow one. I must say, seeing the too right next to each other is exactly like you have described it. The Rio Yellow is a much deeper yellow and the sparkle flakes stand out a lot more. The Spa Yellow is definetly a lighter/ washed out color. If we are both out a C&C this weekend maybe i will try to snap a shot of our cars together so you can see the difference.

Here are a couple pics of my Rio Yellow. Thanks to fellow member Tom for the photos :wink:

Feb_meet10.jpg

Feb_meet1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments and Friedhouse, I would love to see those two side by side if you get the chance. And thanks for the pics of your Rio.

...and ChrisW; I'd love to drop in on a meet but there aren't any around here. Bummer.

Like Steve (Whitensxs) said...Spa is not as deep a yellow like RIO + has more green in it than you'd ever imagine.

Here's my former '01 Spa yellow T:

Yellow01.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen that pic before, HH. Definitely a beauty. The problem is that even viewing it on different monitors makes a huge difference in the color and try as I might I can't see green in that at all.

Only remedy I can think of for a more accurate comparison would be a side by side photo and I'm guessing that's not something you'd run across easily.

Thanks for the pic.

legion, look over in s2ki in the gallery. (www.s2ki.com) or do a search over in the gallery on that site.
UPDATE i followed my own directions. here is a link to a picture of both of them side by side http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=274793&st=0 look at the picture 7 posts down . it shows both side by side. the one of the left is spa, the one on the right (with the carbon fiber hood) is rio. the rio looks deeper and fuller.

the s2000's were painted spa from 00-03 and rio from 04-09 (same paint code as nsx) it will be easier over there to see pics of the two side by side but on an s2000. I have seen both numerous times and as the others above have stated we all thought spa was a nice color .. but then rio came along, and suddenly spa looks like a highligher yellow with green in it and rio looks like a deep rich yellow. Looking at the two side by side most people would prefer the rio.

I had a spa yellow s2000 and actually loved the color at first (thats why i bought it) but the color tired on me quickly. the rio i would be happy with.
thanks

Last edited:
Perfect, socalx. That's exactly what I was wanting to see and I appreciate the homework you put into rounding that up. Thanks.

Back