• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee

Who has the black one in the Wexford area? I saw you driving north on 19 a little while ago. Hard to tell with my windows up, but is that a GTLW muffler? Sounded pretty good!

Dave

Great seeing all of you today, can't wait for the next one! Here are the pics I took, or at least the ones that turned out decently. Next time we can work on lining up properly. Bryan, look forward to seeing that video you took!

vWCXJVH.jpg

trkFlpy.jpg

RrWCqyY.jpg

v3zgb3d.jpg

xmrDImv.jpg

oTu8E5i.jpg

Last edited:
[MENTION=28247]vivanshah[/MENTION] great pictures!

Great way to spend a morning - Great company, great cars. Sorry again for being 10 minutes late for the meet time and I'm really glad I got there in time to take off together. I can't say I've ever been held up in traffic for a steer/bull to be wrangled back into its pen across the street followed immediately by a complete traffic shutdown by police at the very gate of where my car was stored in an already way too congested area of Cranberry for some casual major road resurfacing work on a busy Saturday morning, ha ha. All in all a great weekend morning.

f1cb0e021777c3dce3057f8c42f60302.jpg

1d1390ba6562e370d60fa4d4bb457b58.jpg

Last edited:
Great seeing all of you today, can't wait for the next one! Here are the pics I took, or at least the ones that turned out decently. Next time we can work on lining up properly. Bryan, look forward to seeing that video you took!

vWCXJVH.jpg

I thought this was lined up properly :)

TNS (the NSX squad), ha ha.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mgBSVLAXPXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:
Does anyone know what exhaust the black one with the CAMBER plates has please?

Thanks.

That's [MENTION=30238]consynx[/MENTION], I think he said it was either the Comptech or another one, but I can't remember the other name.

I'm so happily boringly OEM/stock, but I have to admit, the lowered NSX's in the group look really, really good. Just enough drop & flushment without looking like Bambi spread eagled on ice. Very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Steve, how was the wedding? Did you get in lunch, a nap, then an all night wedding?

I couldn't fall asleep, so no nap.
i did manage to last the whole wedding. Shut the bar down and joined the "after party" in someone's room.
It was a great time.

Also, "s2k guy", I know you lurk. I told rocky you both said hi. He wasn't in the wedding party, but he made the toast, which was actually a roast. The comment was something like he didn't make the wedding party because they didn't want him getting wierd and using his onowledge of the periodic table to hit on a bridesmaid. eventually you'll all get to meet this piece of work, who used the wedding program as paper to take notes on during the ceremony (inventing a new polymer I think), and then a bit later counted the ridges on his steak knife...

Last edited:
well don't leave us hanging...how many ridges???

TNS (the NSX squad), ha ha.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mgBSVLAXPXY" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I can't wait til he posts his full length review of the meet... I have my youtube settings to email me when any of my subscriptions uploads a new vid, so I'm constantly checking my phone eagerly awaiting that email!
There were tons of kids recording us as we left, so I also just searched youtube for "NSX" and filtered the results by "uploaded within the past 24 hours" but nothing came up. I'll check again tomorrow and the next day to see if anything pops up.

- - - Updated - - -

Dave ( Mac Attack ) did you sell your car? Someone said something about an owner of a red one selling theirs, was that you?
If you use facebook, join our group https://www.facebook.com/groups/845387055550764/

Lol. I didn't ask about the number. Just said he was creepy and looked like he wanted to stab someone.
I can't support ALL of this oddities.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed taking time to slowly walk amongst the variety there on Saturday and disappear into the crowd and just stare at the various cars from all angles. One thing about the 458 variants...as nice as they were, I couldn't help but think some of the changes & additional scoops & canards from the initial 458 seemed kind of forced. If I were in the market for a 458, I'd definitely spring for an older non-googly NA1 type of 458 instead of the newer googly NA2 type. Still they were great to see and compare side by side.

Separately: There are about 1/2 dozen cars there I'd love to just sit in one day and compare cockpit feel, driving position, etc. Bryan, do you have any sense from being closer to the group longer than us whether any suggestion on the PGHCNC site for a small owners-only meet up for an opportunity to see the various cars closer like that might interest some or would float like a lead balloon?

Thanks for the info.

consynx - It sounded pretty good. I've heard a lot of GTLWs with/without headers/TP's, but that was the first Cantrell I've heard. Sounded throatier than the GTLWs. I liked it!

PghMiller - No plans to sell. Also - no facebook. I barely use the internet these days other than for work!

i think nsxlite was the one considering selling his?

Thanks for the info.

consynx - It sounded pretty good. I've heard a lot of GTLWs with/without headers/TP's, but that was the first Cantrell I've heard. Sounded throatier than the GTLWs. I liked it!

PghMiller - No plans to sell. Also - no facebook. I barely use the internet these days other than for work!

Well Mac Attack, as you can see from this thread, last weekend we got a half dozen of us together at 8:50am Saturday and drove into the Cars N Coffee meet together... we plan to try again on the 20th, if you're interested let me know... I still have your number so I could text or call you ahead of time to give you the details.

Also guys, my friend texted me today and told me there was a SICK silver NSX with an unbelievable body kit at AudioWorkx on Rt51 in Brentwood today... I think this is the one with the FULL VEILSIDE (SALEEN) KIT! Apparently it's some rich old lady lol! (who has no interest in selling... believe me, I called audioworkx and tried to pry some information out of him and he said he's been working on her car for years and she doesn't want any attention and has no desire to sell)

Thank you for the compliment.
Keep in mind when comparing exhaust sounds that the extra airflow from the supercharger is changing the note...
I am on OEM cats with comptech headers.

Yeah, my JGTC parallel exhaust will be for sale as soon as my center-exit version goes on (probably this coming weekend)!

IMG_5402.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new(ish). Thanks [MENTION=30238]consynx[/MENTION], Mike, and Paul for helping with the install!

JGTC parallel exhaust now up for sale

If all stays the same with my schedule, I'll be joining you all on Saturday. I'm a rookie, so any heads up on protocol would be appreciated!

Excellent! Which one will you be bringing? Or maybe both? :D

Last week we met at Andy's work parking lot (westinghouse) before heading over to CnC. We'll probably do the same thing again, but aim to leave for the meet a little earlier this time.

Back