• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee

Steve and I talked to the owner of the red one...Dave, I think was his name (I could be completely wrong haha)? Seemed like a really nice guy, but we caught him as he was about to leave.

He was very nice. He had some neat changes to the car. It was very clean and pretty low mileage too! A 95...

I tried convincing ^^^ (Nsx lite ) to invest in the NSX instead of going lambo by swapping cars with him for a 5 minute drive. .
We'll know in time if it worked...

Last edited:
Hey, I am coming to Pittsburgh on Wednesday afternoon. Anyone up for a quick coffee/catch up? PghMiller...I'd love to see your car.

Steve and I talked to the owner of the red one...Dave, I think was his name (I could be completely wrong haha)? Seemed like a really nice guy, but we caught him as he was about to leave.

Did he say where he lives? I've seen a red 95+ driving around my mother's condo sub in Cranberry/Freedom area but have yet to run into her and say hi. Maybe this is her husband?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I am coming to Pittsburgh on Wednesday afternoon. Anyone up for a quick coffee/catch up? PghMiller...I'd love to see your car.

I have plans after work Wed but let me know if something comes together, maybe I can stop by for a bit. Are you staying near downtown?

Yes, am at the Marriott downtown. If we don't connect this trip, there is always another.

You could help a guy out and recommend some places to go (dinner, etc.) I will probably go for a long run while there (am hopeful to run by PNC Park, etc.

I live across the river from downtown. How long are you here and is there anything in particular you'd prefer or need to stay away from? Have you had the Pittsburgh primanti brothers sandwich yet. Always a tourist starter food.

I live across the river from downtown. How long are you here and is there anything in particular you'd prefer or need to stay away from? Have you had the Pittsburgh primanti brothers sandwich yet. Always a tourist starter food.

Yeah, Primani's is an option. I was thinking I'd go for a run and then eat...maybe something healthy like a steak? ;)

If you are around, I would love to say hi/see your car.

Rats rats rats...Wed I'm tied up but I live 5 minutes away from downtown across the Monongahela River in the South Side. I'd really like to meet up but also, my car is currently kept at a relative's garage in Cranberry while I finish some renovation work here... Do you pass thru here for work often? Hopefully later in the summer I'll have mine here.

The original Primanti's is nearby you, within walking distance. If you've never had one, you really should. I recommend roast beef, egg, & cheese, with a packet of their hot sauce. If you've had one though I'd say try something different - if you want steak...how about ground steak...Pittsburgh's best hamburger is also pretty close at Tassaro's in Bloomfield, highly recommended. I need to stop by there, it's been over a year for me. I don't know where to suggest for a steak since PGH's best steak is in my kitchen via cast iron pan! Morton's is downtown, as is Ruth's Criss. Yelp will help you out, easily. But I suggest Tassaro's, they're purty good.

I'm guessing you've looked into running options, I'm friends with too many runners here. I'm really a biker but I pay attention to where they run since it's also good for a casual ride after work now & then. In case you haven't looked - running along the river is a good option. Lots of interconnected trails up/down the rivers. I think the network is called the Three Rivers Heritage trail(s). Running by the stadiums is cool (north side of Allegheny River) and access is easy from downtown, just cross a bridge - best would be the Roberto Clemente bridge near PNC park; access to the running trail is easy from there. .

map:
http://friendsoftheriverfront.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2014-Map-and-Guide.pdf

which I found here:
http://friendsoftheriverfront.org/trails/three-rivers-heritage-trail/

which came from here:
https://getfitpgh.com/run-in-pittsburgh/

If I free up I'll PM here. Too much stuff going on this week...
Andy

Rats rats rats...Wed I'm tied up but I live 5 minutes away from downtown across the Monongahela River in the South Side. I'd really like to meet up but also, my car is currently kept at a relative's garage in Cranberry while I finish some renovation work here... Do you pass thru here for work often? Hopefully later in the summer I'll have mine here.

The original Primanti's is nearby you, within walking distance. If you've never had one, you really should. I recommend roast beef, egg, & cheese, with a packet of their hot sauce. If you've had one though I'd say try something different - if you want steak...how about ground steak...Pittsburgh's best hamburger is also pretty close at Tassaro's in Bloomfield, highly recommended. I need to stop by there, it's been over a year for me. I don't know where to suggest for a steak since PGH's best steak is in my kitchen via cast iron pan! Morton's is downtown, as is Ruth's Criss. Yelp will help you out, easily. But I suggest Tassaro's, they're purty good.

I'm guessing you've looked into running options, I'm friends with too many runners here. I'm really a biker but I pay attention to where they run since it's also good for a casual ride after work now & then. In case you haven't looked - running along the river is a good option. Lots of interconnected trails up/down the rivers. I think the network is called the Three Rivers Heritage trail(s). Running by the stadiums is cool (north side of Allegheny River) and access is easy from downtown, just cross a bridge - best would be the Roberto Clemente bridge near PNC park; access to the running trail is easy from there. .

map:
http://friendsoftheriverfront.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2014-Map-and-Guide.pdf

which I found here:
http://friendsoftheriverfront.org/trails/three-rivers-heritage-trail/

which came from here:
https://getfitpgh.com/run-in-pittsburgh/

Andy,
Thanks for all of this.
I ended up going over to REI this afternoon and picking up some shoes. I crossed Hot Metal Bridge and went up to Schenly Park. Ran the Bridle and Panther (upper and lower) loops. Some technical areas near the creek, had to keep my wits about me.
Drove over to Primanti Bros on 18th. Interesting, but once and done for me. Will try Vivanshah's recommendation tomorrow.
I am struck at how clean and uniform the city is. I didn't see any trash on the trails and there was a decent amount of traffic.
Next time I am here, I will run the riverfront or Frick. Shoot, I may just get up early and run it tomorrow it was that nice here.
I will be back. Nice area and I have business here, so I have an excuse. Thanks for the suggestions.
Morgan

^ lol. Nice.
Tessaro's good. I like el gaucho a lot, but I think they're currently down for renovations.

There is also capital grill and hyde park near downtown as well, if you're going for a steakhouse.
meat and potatoes is supposed to be good, but I love the view from the beer garden at sienna mercado (food is just okay on their first floor...neat though)

So, I had lunch at The Commoner today (sort of a basement place in the Hotel Monaco...highly recommend it.)

I looked up Blush on my work computer and ...well...thanks PGH Miller. I am probably going to get the IT police calling me and writing me up. But, it was fun for the split second before I realized what I was googling.

Next time I am back, I am going to look you guys up. I really dig towns like Pittsburgh.

Oh, and if you are local and can read today's local paper, look at the "Random Acts of Kindness" letters on page two, section one. Someone just got "served" and is probably going to be dumped by his girl soon.

The blush story is amusing. at least it wasn't pegasus (search at your own risk).

I've never never been to the commoner. I'll have to check it out.

Also, Depending on the paper, what you're referencing may be on the website. Otherwise, you should snag a photo...

Commoner is excellent! i get sandwiches from their corner shop for lunch sometimes. Glad you had a good time in Pitt!

Last edited:
For those of us on facebook, please join our Pgh NSX page, because i'm sure all of us on are facebook MUCH more than on here... plus it's WAY easier to communicate because our Prime inboxes get maxed out to capacity.
https://www.facebook.com/nsxclubofpa

We are planning a NSX convoy to the next Cars N Coffee meet this Saturday... we'll meet up somewhere so we can pull into the meet at the same time and park together. and i'll make sure the 2 videographer guys are ready, i'll call them just before we get there.

But I suggest we use the facebook page for Pgh-specific discussions.. it's just an easier platform to use than this junky forum

We are planning a NSX convoy to the next Cars N Coffee meet this Saturday... we'll meet up somewhere so we can pull into the meet at the same time and park together. and i'll make sure the 2 videographer guys are ready, i'll call them just before we get there.

This'll be the first C&C I'm going to, got space in your convoy for an Ohioan?

meet starts at 9...Bryan if we roll in right at 9, I assume there'll still be enough empty space for us to park together?

so where are we meeting? I don't know the area that well... as few left turns as possible would be good, easier to stick together that way.

That might be a bit early for me, sorry...

I used the Sheetz that is just south of Generoasta (a left turn to get to Generosta lot with an arrow)
There is also a open parking lot in cranberry by Radioshack that could probably be used, but I don't know what one can do while waiting for others (straights only, and easier for the Ohio-an, since it's right by the Turnpike intersection w/ 79).

I should see you guys there.

Last edited:
Just give me a time and place and I'll be there. Looking at google maps, both Sheetz and Radio Shack seem to be pretty easy.

Back