• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Plastic rivets?

Took the liner off of the rear driver's side wheel well to run a return for my turbo kit. All of the plastic little button/rivets or screw broke. Checked the manual and can't find a part description or number. Help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Took the liner off of the rear driver's side wheel well to run a return for my turbo kit. All of the plastic little button/rivets or screw broke. Checked the manual and can't find a part description or number. Help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Whoa! Don't by the rivets from Honda / Acura. You can buy a box of them for the same price (almost) from:

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com

They are the exact same parts as Honda (even have the same part number)

You can find the part numbers at:

http://www.oemacuraparts.com

Gary

Depends on the dealer ,last week had to change low beams on my sons accord and of course the inner panel rivets broke , Went to my local honda dealer , he gave me
six of them no charge . These guys take very good care of me ,yes i buy all my hondas from them (5 in six years ) not counting the rest of my family and other customers I sent, to them.The parts manager (XU)pronounced Shoe,loves my nsx,told me he can get anything I need for the car .Last year on a friday afternoon I ordered some plastic door clip nuts for the nsx, the next morning he called me to pick up the parts . He had an overnight emergency order brought in from California and tagged my order with that one ,hows that for service .
This february my son comes home from college and I wanted to change the tires on his CRV ,I wanted Michelin Defenders , asked my friend XU (shoe) parts manager ,can you get them ,he had them delivered and installed in three hours . I thankful to have this kind of a dealer available

Last edited:
I've bought both the aftermarket and dealer 91545's.

From my experience, the aftermarket clips are certainly cheaper, but do not click as positively into place as the factory clips. I believe Larry Bastanza noted the same thing in one of his posts... In my case, I lost my passenger front inner fender liner (the louvered one right behind the condenser cooling fan). I bought a new liner piece ($66.00 from www.oemacuraparts.com and factory clips to replace). The factory clips fit a little more snug and have a much more positive click to hold them in place.

For what it's worth, www.oemacuraparts.com (Peoria Acura, Arizona) sells parts at substantial discount...I believe the fender liner MSRP is 78.00 (I got it for $66) and the 91545 clip MSRP is $4.65 each...yes, each (I got them for $3.20).

-- my 2 cents...QD.

ebay search the OEM partnumber: 91545-SEO-003
there are a few OEM or like OEM for sale.

everytime i go to the junk yard I take the clips off hondas and I have about 650 by now I always need them. I dont like the push button clips, the one I always get have 4 prongs and you screw them in works better and can be re-used over and over again.

Hey Shawn,

Do you happen to know the part no. for the screw-on rivets? I like those better than the push-pin ones as well since they're reusable. Let me know thanks.

everytime i go to the junk yard I take the clips off hondas and I have about 650 by now I always need them. I dont like the push button clips, the one I always get have 4 prongs and you screw them in works better and can be re-used over and over again.

since i get mine free cuz the junkyard doesnt charge you for them, I found the exact ones on ebay 20 for .99

fender clips.jpg

Back