• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pole Position Seats

^^ Looks great I really like the ABE versions. Are they still available? I like the red stitch except it wouldn't go with my yellow car lol.

EDIT: just saw your other thread. The red stitch is custom. Nice job.

The ABE version is readily available over here in Europe. If you look on eBay.de you will see many of them. AFAIK, it is even forbidden to use the FIA version on public roads unless you are using a 4-point harness.
Am not sure about the US though.

Thank you Pingu!

Synth I'm going to the autowrecker yard tomorrow. They said they have 6 preludes from that year.

Anyone want me to pick up a pair for them? I'm hoping to grab them for $20-$40 bucks or maybe less

Last edited:
Don't you have these seats installed in your car already?

To make your seat belts work just pick up some metal brackets at Lowe's and you can make those extenders yourself pretty easily.

I have a set of Recaro ASM seats in the shop right now getting fitted for a client's CR and the idea is the same.

Let me know if you need any pictures

Don't you have these seats installed in your car already?

To make your seat belts work just pick up some metal brackets at Lowe's and you can make those extenders yourself pretty easily.

I have a set of Recaro ASM seats in the shop right now getting fitted for a client's CR and the idea is the same.

Let me know if you need any pictures

I'm picking the nsx up from the shop tomorrow morning but they just called as I knew they would and told me the belt can't fit through the hole.

I told them I just found out about hte problem as well.

Can you post picks of the extenders you made.

Thank you

photo4-1.jpg

Recaro Pole Position Jersey Red Fabric with suede center

Has anyone else bought the prelude seatbelts? I purchased a set of 92-96 seat belts on eBay and the nsx buckle does not fit in the receptacles I recieved. I am not sure if I was sent the wrong ones or if 92-96 was the wrong model to buy, or did you guys switch the belt buckles out as well? Can anyone please confirm which model prelude it comes from and if it's the front or rear receptacles that we need? Are there any other cars that we can take the belts from?

Has anyone else bought the prelude seatbelts? I purchased a set of 92-96 seat belts on eBay and the nsx buckle does not fit in the receptacles I recieved. I am not sure if I was sent the wrong ones or if 92-96 was the wrong model to buy, or did you guys switch the belt buckles out as well? Can anyone please confirm which model prelude it comes from and if it's the front or rear receptacles that we need? Are there any other cars that we can take the belts from?

I would like an answer too. Looking at pictures, it appears that this is a 1997-2001 Prelude REAR Seatbelt Buckle part # 04830-S30-A01ZA

Last edited:
where is a good place to purchase the abe versions?

From what I gather in this thread, they're unavailable in the US, but you can get them from eBay Germany. I could easily be wrong.

I'm just going over the hole for now and haven't had a chance to find smaller receptacles. That would be your best bet.

I tried to message you but your mail box was full... :frown: Hella popular guy!
Thanks Synth for always coming to the rescue! I have a set on order right now and was searching and searching about a solution with no resolve.
Hopefully someone figures out something but I'll just do that for the time being. Thanks again! :cool:

I tried to message you but your mail box was full... :frown: Hella popular guy!
Thanks Synth for always coming to the rescue! I have a set on order right now and was searching and searching about a solution with no resolve.
Hopefully someone figures out something but I'll just do that for the time being. Thanks again! :cool:

I don't know about that... I just haven't cleaned out my PM box since the spring. lol

To confirm, in case anyone tries this, 5th gen prelude rear buckles do not work. The 4th gen prelude buckles didn't look anything like the ones posted in the first page so I thought there might be a mistake and it may be the 5th gen preludes but it is not. Will confirm back when I find one that fits.

Update: I have also tried 4th gen receivers like pingu81 had mentioned. Does not work. I believe US version vs International version may be different. Went back to the junkyard today and tried a few other pre-2000 Hondas/Acura's rear receivers and they all have the release button on the side of receiver as opposed to the top where it should be. Additional the receivers with the release button on the side were more narrow in length so it would not fit the buckle in all the way in.

What worked for me were the 94-01 integra and 96-00 civic front receivers however the receivers had metal brackets as opposed to the woven material. I ended up going with a 98 integra's front receivers and bent the receiver's metal bracket to fit my setup. The rear receivers to the Integras that i tried were, like i had mentioned, with the release button from the side of receiver. I would assume this is no different with the USDM ITRs rear receivers so therefore no go.

Back