• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pop up or googly eyes

As a car ages, owners tend to freshen with more modern stuff/looks. At a certain point, IF it becomes collectable, there will be a lot of money spent returning them to original (Bose, 16" 5 spoke, air boxes, etc...).

The 63 split window Corvette coup got bad press (visibility) and some were converted to 64+ rear window look...that is a cardinal sin by today's standard.
Original fuel injection units were discarded (in the day)for more conventional carbs...

If you are in the car game long enough, what goes around comes around.

IF???

All my mods can easily be returned to stock(wrap, exhaust, bilsteins, wheels, etc) ... Love my Bose , got two sets of the 15/16 sets in garage(and now a 16/17) the oem air box is perfect( no need to change with N/A) and I'm leaving a non functional phone still in the center console cuz it says NSX on it:biggrin:

Last edited:
Well put, Mr. Cat.

Might I add, with regard to effectiveness of pop-ups vs. frog-eyes: Pop-ups + HID conversion = Job Done.

I'm old enough and learning the hard way! Collectors tend to look for "museum pieces" and not necessarily car enthusiasts.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep... Love my Bose , got two sets of the 15/16 sets in garage(and now a 16/17) the oem air box is perfect( no need to change with N/A) and I'm leaving a non functional phone still in the center console cuz it says NSX on it:biggrin:

That's what I'm talking about...I don't have most of those pieces, but that is for my widow to worry about.

I'm old enough and learning the hard way! Collectors tend to look for "museum pieces" and not necessarily car enthusiasts.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I'm talking about...I don't have most of those pieces, but that is for my widow to worry about.

Yep:tongue: but I was thinking of somehow some way I could get buried in mine:biggrin: but if they start going crazy in prices, I have all that shit just incase I cash in....

I'm all for the "googly eyes" naming as i got an NA2 with popups ;) I wont ever sell my car so i'd rather enjoy it than try and keep it stock OEM, still i'll keep the popups, they look good even today.

Nobody mentioned the one great thing about 02+ lights, the factory HID lighting. Far better than any bolt on kit on 91-01 fluted glass lens.

Googly and non-googly is way cooler than the NA1, NA2 crap. Plus you don't have all the confusion with the NA2 97-01 cars. From now on, I am going full on googly/non-googly. Who's with me!

If we're debating really impotent stuff like this, then in addition to googly/non-googly, how about shower vs. grower?

I'm happily a non-googly grower but if I had found a white googly, I'd have happily been a googly shower.

Last edited:
So, what's the engine displacement of the non-googly NSX? How many forward gears in the standard transmission?

See? Not so easy, is it.

walken-googly.jpg

[MENTION=24712]tof[/MENTION]: that's still more relevant to the usual context where people mention the body style and not the engine or transmission ;) I noticed if we are to talk about the engine we switch to proper engine designation (C30 / C32) instead.

tof, engine displacement/number of gears, who cares. What matters is if it's googly or not.
gleibig should trademark that term. It is going to be huge.

@tof: that's still more relevant to the usual context where people mention the body style and not the engine or transmission ;) I noticed if we are to talk about the engine we switch to proper engine designation (C30 / C32) instead.

NA1 and NA2 do designate the engine as either a C30 or C32. Look at digits 4 through 6 of your VIN. But I do like googley/non-googly.

Of course it might invite correspondence from legal representatives of a large multinational technology company. ;)

Vanishing Point, very nice picture of your 2005 LBBB Googly NSX. Where did you find your S800?

I agree that is a very nice bluegly googly.

How about Prime's first non-googly moogly?

a6dcfee9f4aa1a5eb404781ee01acb76.jpg

Last edited:
for whatever reason, I think that pop ups look better in almost 99% of cases. the 1% where I drool over googly eyes is on a berlina black 02+ with a red honda badge at the front. for some reason that particular combo just looks epic with googlies.

I like googly's, especially ones with a ducted hood. The ducted hood just really works with them. Attention @Teej. I'll never forget the first time I saw a googly, it was at the 2001 or 2002 NAIAS, whichever year the Ford GT prototype first appeared and was hung from a wall. I would rarely if ever see an NSX out in the wild in the 90s, and when I saw that Honda/Acura facelifted them I distinctly remember thinking wow they must be selling really well and that probably the only reason I'd rarely see any was because I just spent the last seven years living in Motor City made in 'murica Detroit...little did I know! I spent the next several months really digging the new NSX look, that stirred up the hunger to one day own one for sure. When it came time to finally make that dream a reality 10 years after that, a white coupe became the only way I was going to go. If there were white googly coupes a-plenty, I can't say that I wouldn't have excluded them from my search, and I probably would be owning a white googly if they were two thirds the price of a comparable non-googly, the opposite of how it is now.

Last edited:
I am laughing my ass off as the goggly non-goggly terminology starts to take off. Yinzer, I love the moogly googly NSX. Some of our prime buddies who are sticklers for NSX terminology are not going to like this one bit. For the record, I have a goggly/3.2/6. 97-01 cars are now non-googly 3.2/6, and 91-96 cars are non-goggly/3.0/5 cars. Thank You gleibig!

Why don't we start referring to our cars as Googly and Non-Googly? Sounds better than NA1,NA2. Just a thought.

Well NA1 & NA2 have nothing to do with the headlights.

Forget it, Nukem. I went down that road with these clowns and they refuse to be swayed by logic and reason. They just want to have fun. Typical NSX owners! :tongue:

Barney Google Fox Trot - Sheet Music.jpg

barneygoogle sheet music.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sig updated

Last edited:
I am laughing my ass off as the goggly non-goggly terminology starts to take off. Yinzer, I love the moogly googly NSX. Some of our prime buddies who are sticklers for NSX terminology are not going to like this one bit. For the record, I have a goggly/3.2/6. 97-01 cars are now non-googly 3.2/6, and 91-96 cars are non-goggly/3.0/5 cars. Thank You gleibig!

I predict the googly/non-googly thing will not take off. I think we're just having a little bit of fun in this thread until it gets driven down into the ground so hard that this thread stalls but then googly/non-googly occasionally reappears in various other threads like Rick Rolling. :) Plus, googly/non-googly isn't intuitive and would likely just add another layer of terminology confusion - I had to correct my posts above as I initially automatically thought that googly meant the pop-up effect for the NA1's. Err, I mean the first gens. Um, I mean the 91-01's of the first gens. I mean 91-01's that haven't been converted to NA2 that is. No, converted to 02-05. But probably the whole googly/non-googly thing won't take off mostly because even though there are giggly Primers who kind of like it, there are too many non-gigglies who just won't be a googly/non-googly'er.

Back