• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Power seat help please??

I've just finished putting together my Recaro PP's onto a set of homemade sidemounts which are then fitted onto some modified stock seat electric runners. The way I've made them lets me get the seat down as low as kissing the carpet so there is no loss in headroom. It's been a lot of work though.......

As some may know the Type-R & S has unique electrical switches and switch housings....I was going to use the original two switch unit on the driver side. I was going to use one switch to slide the drivers seat and the other to slide the passenger seat. Not really necessary I know but it would mean I don't have a redundant switch in the housing and I thought it a neat touch. I also wanted to then use a single switch located at the passenger seat purely for the passenger to use....

I thought this would be a simple case of supplying a live and ground to both switches and then joining both switch outputs (going to the motor) together observing the power and ground twinned with each other respectively at the motor connector.

The problem is that it doesn't work. One switch will work one way only but when I try the reverse direction the fuse blows. I'm not sure if my parallel set up is correct or if it is backfeeding and blowing the fuses? Im not sure if maybe there needs to be a diode or something used.

I think if anyone can help they may need to check the power seat wiring diagrams?

Hope someone can help and what I'm saying makes sense. Basically I want to control one motor with either one of two switches independently.

Thanks,

Gary

Last edited:
Back