• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pre-NSXPO Party

A Pre-NSXPO tent party will be held Oct. 3rd from 4 pm till 8 pm at Ray Laks Acura 7460 Transit Road(Route78) Williamsville NY. They will be serving chicken wings and beef on weck. The front parking lot will be for NSX parking only A block of rooms will be reserved at $89.00 at The Garden Place Hotel using Ray Laks Acura name. The hotel is located 1 mile South of the tent party. They promised to have a area coned off for NSX parking only. Make your reservations asap as it is a very popular place. The phone # is 716-635-9000 or 1-800-Garden-1 You can check out their web site at www.salvatores.net. The hotel is located at exit 49 on Interstate 90. All you Canadians that have to drive through Buffalo are more than welcome to join us for the party and caravan the next day. I need a list for tee shirts. The cut off date will be Sept. 10 2007

Ron & Ginnie---1 large--1extra large

I'm in for one "L". Maybe a second - will know soon. Looking forward to it! :smile:

The Kid is down:wink: It'll be booked tommorow. Is that the official route/caravan to NSXPO?

After the Ray Laks festivities, if anyone is interested in seeing Niagara Falls lit up at night it is less than 30 miles away. Plus, if we can get up there early enough we can catch a ride on the Maid of the Mist and see it during the day as well.

36436302-L.jpg

36436344-L.jpg

36427939-L.jpg

36627562-L.jpg

36627590-L.jpg

36426590-L.jpg

Last edited:
I think it would be great if the NE caravan could plan a trip to the falls during the day too. I never been there and would love to take the boat ride (Maid of the Mist).

I think it would be great if the NE caravan could plan a trip to the falls during the day too. I never been there and would love to take the boat ride (Maid of the Mist).

After speaking with The Don, we thought it might be worth taking a little extra time by driving up the night before and having the full day before the Ray Laks gala to be able to explore Niagara. Any interest?

After speaking with The Don, we thought it might be worth taking a little extra time by driving up the night before and having the full day before the Ray Laks gala to be able to explore Niagara. Any interest?

I'm interested but currently in negotiations with the extravaganza woman regarding the timings of my time away given that I am returning from a week long vacation (without her) just days before needing to depart for nsxpo:eek:

Roger - she will not be going to nsxpo, so you need not comment:biggrin:

I'm interested but currently in negotiations with the extravaganza woman regarding the timings of my time away given that I am returning from a week long vacation (without her) just days before needing to depart for nsxpo:eek:

Roger - she will not be going to nsxpo, so you need not comment:biggrin:
Tony, please tell Bags that if she doesn't want to ride with you (something about the way you drive makes her sick), she can ride with me, maybe she'll change her mind!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

After the Ray Laks festivities, if anyone is interested in seeing Niagara Falls lit up at night it is less than 30 miles away. Plus, if we can get up there early enough we can catch a ride on the Maid of the Mist and see it during the day as well.

36436302-L.jpg

36436344-L.jpg

36427939-L.jpg

36627562-L.jpg

36627590-L.jpg

36426590-L.jpg
I wish you wouldn't show that picture with the large snowball !! You might scare some people away:eek:

Let me know if you need a tour guide that day. I only charge 3 medium pictures. If it's more that 6 hours, then the frames to go with them. I didn't know you guys had so much time to spend here. I thought I was the one that's retired:cool:

Let me know if you need a tour guide that day. I only charge 3 medium pictures. If it's more that 6 hours, then the frames to go with them. I didn't know you guys had so much time to spend here. I thought I was the one that's retired:cool:

Since we would be on the Canuck side of the falls I am assuming that you mean 3 CANADIAN pictures and 3 CANADIAN frames which means when you convert them to U.S. you only require 2.6 pictures and frames.

Have you checked lately ?? The Canadian dollar is very close to par, which means 3 pictures and 3 frames:eek:

Just in case, The Don and I have rooms booked here for Tuesday night. http://www.embassysuitesniagara.com/

What time on the Oct 2 do you and Don plan to depart the NY/NJ area to get to Niagara?

If I can get my flights booked later today I will arrive back from the left side of the country around 10am on Oct 1. That leaves me some time to sleep before driving towards Niagara :smile:

What time on the Oct 2 do you and Don plan to depart the NY/NJ area to get to Niagara?

We have not decided yet but ideally we should try to get up there around 6ish to be able to grab dinner and check out the sights at night. But I can be talked into blowing off work completely on the 2nd and heading up as early as everyone wants to go and wouldn't mind trying to get as many photo-ops as possible.

The hotel we selected, Embassy Suites, is where I stayed during my last trip up there. The night photos were taken from my hotel room so the views are spectacular. Although those shots were taken from the Presidential Suite on the top floor, you can get a room with views of both the American and Horseshoe Falls on floors 10-15 for approximately $200 american for the night which includes the usual Embassy Suites cooked to order breakfast. Considering it would cost approximately $100 to stay one more night in the Ray Laks hotel I would recommend spending the extra $100 to stay on top of Horseshoe Falls.

Also, make sure you have a Passport to get in and out of Canada and get your insurance company to provide you with an ID card showing you have coverage in Canada. I have never been asked to show it but technically you need to carry the card with you. Generally it is valid for 30 days so just tell your carrier when you expect to be there.

Last edited:
A quick look at google maps indicates it's about 437 mi for Bob. About 400 from The Don and 350mi (6 hr) from my place.

I suppose I would need to leave between 11-12 in the morning? Don, google maps takes you through my town. Bob, you seem to be in the wrong place, perhaps meet in Scranton if you take I-84W to I-81N? Just a thought?:confused:

Earlier is fine too...

A quick look at google maps indicates it's about 437 mi for Bob. About 400 from The Don and 350mi (6 hr) from my place.

I suppose I would need to leave between 11-12 in the morning? Don, google maps takes you through my town. Bob, you seem to be in the wrong place, perhaps meet in Scranton if you take I-84W to I-81N? Just a thought?:confused:

Earlier is fine too...

The Don and I were talking about leaving earlier in the morning to get up there mid afternoon and trying to grab a few extra daylight hours of sightseeing. You have the shortest trip so you should complain the least about getting up earlier. :biggrin:

The Don and I were talking about leaving earlier in the morning to get up there mid afternoon and trying to grab a few extra daylight hours of sightseeing. You have the shortest trip so you should complain the least about getting up earlier. :biggrin:

But you are not the one taking three flights from a remote airport back home with an overall trip time of 18 hours - less than 24 hrs prior to departing for Niagara...!

I thought you mentioned you would also have daylight hours during the day before the tent party?

Back