• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Price Check - Need comments

Hi all,

I was just wondering, what is the reasonable price for a 95 NSX with only 6000 miles (Dealer asking $59K+ and I think its kindly high). Also, Would I be better off just buy the '97 intead of '95? Any comments would be greatly apprciated. Thanks

Well, the miles on the 95 are very low, but the 1995-1996 is the heaviest and slowest of all the NSX's. I also think 59K is way too high even for the mileage.

Personally, I would pick up a nice clean 97 with about 25K on it for the same price or less. The 1997 has a lot of improvements, such as 6-speed, 290HP 3.2 VTEC etc.

Hope that helps.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by TN_NSX:
Hi all,

I was just wondering, what is the reasonable price for a 95 NSX with only 6000 miles (Dealer asking $59K+ and I think its kindly high). Also, Would I be better off just buy the '97 intead of '95? Any comments would be greatly apprciated. Thanks

IMHO, a little high and yes I would go for the 97+ if you can swing it. The dyno charts I have seen have shown about 25+hp to the wheels more because of the bigger bore, plus the 6 speed is a very nice upgrade. Just my $0.02
Mike

------------------
1994 Red/Black NSX #418

Thanks all for your input\comments (and quick responds too...Gotta love this forum :))....I do agree that the asking price is kindly high. I think I'm gonna go with the '97 if I could find one from the dealer (Need to trade my current car in for NSX). But anyway, I rather wait and get the one that I really like. Thanks again.

there is a blue 97 NSX-T for sale around my house. He is asking $50,000, it comes with RM Exhaust and carbon fiber intake, also equipped with 17, 18" Volkracing AV3. I think its a good deal

Like yourself, I was looking for an NSX, trying to determine which model year and/or the price that I wanted to pay. Many on this forum have been helpful and this will be your best source of info. If you want a 97 your gonna pay low to mid fifties for something with reasonable miles and good condition. You must take into consideration travel and/or shipping if you want to see it personally and have the time to do so in addition to driving it back. The 97 model was the year I wanted, but with low miles it was out of my $ range. If you want a targa the 95-96 is your only alternative. Ya they say its the slowest of any year because of the additional 100lbs added. But, I have spoken with more than a few mechanics in my search and they tell me its a better built model than early models, but thats a matter of opinion I can't judge that for myself because I never drove a pre 96. Check the FAQ in this web site and look at the tests, you won't see noticeable difference between the pre 96 unless your looking at modifications and tracking the car. I just purchased a blk/tan 96t w/less the 30k on it. Yea I wanted a 97 with the improvements, but I had a person from this site go and look at it in addition to a well respected NSX mechanic whom said go for it as he knew the history of the car as a one owner original. When I get it I will take some weight off (Dali Diet) and possibly add some HP to it, or maybe not. Only you can be the judge of what model year or how much you are willing to spend. If yo buy one, i'm sure you will be happy with it. Just do your homework and watch the market.

Originally posted by rcarlos:
There's a low mileage 97 on ebay for 49k. Don't know what's wrong with it.

I don't see it there.

Often when someone says that there's something on eBay at a very attractive price, it's because (a) the reserve price hasn't been met yet (so it won't sell at the latest bid price) and/or (b) the bidding isn't over yet (so it will probably go higher).

Back