• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Primer's Wishlist Since NSX 2.0 is Delayed

So the capped bottle is a fine idea. That's what I used when I drove my car from North Carolina. But the bottle would bounce around my feet when I would take the exit ramp with some pace. Perhaps the need a bottle net or something of the like.

I tuck mine to the left crevice between seat and door panel. It doesn't move even in high g turns and easy access, Macgyver, make-shift bottleholder style hahah

I am amazed at the cupholder comments.

I would never drink/eat in my pride and joy. I do take capped bottles with me. If I need a drink, I stop. Too much risk of spills and mess.

I tuck mine to the left crevice between seat and door panel. It doesn't move even in high g turns and easy access, Macgyver, make-shift bottleholder style hahah
I used to do that as well - problem is with heavy braking the bottle would slide down into the foot well. Personally, I don't have a problem drinking in the car. Unless its water, all other beverages are in non spill tops. Makes road trips and long that little bit easier. Seeing as they don't detract from the overall performance, I'd prefer to have built in cupholders (and larger ones) this time.

671451.jpg

I used to do that as well - problem is with heavy braking the bottle would slide down into the foot well. Personally, I don't have a problem drinking in the car. Unless its water, all other beverages are in non spill tops. Makes road trips and long that little bit easier. Seeing as they don't detract from the overall performance, I'd prefer to have built in cupholders (and larger ones) this time.

I generally avoid traffic to prevent heavy breaking during roadtrips. If you know there is going to be some aggressive driving due for the ride, there should be no beverages in the vehicle anyways. Drink your beer/wine before you hop in to drive :rolleyes: not while you're behind the wheel... /Sarcasm.

Hilarious. Had my literally laughing out loud.

Regarding design ideas, I am out of town for work and am renting a Chevy Malibu. It's not perfect but there are several interior design ideas that I think are pretty cool for a relatively cheap American sedan. First of all the central touchscreen flips up to reveal a rubber lined cubby that is very convenient if you want to store your wallet while driving or place a radar detector when parked. The center console around the shifter has 2 narrow slots that perfectly fits phones. Each is just forward of each cup holders so it is clear that one is for the driver and one is for the passenger. There is also an LED that indirectly lights the recessed area where the door lever is so you can find it easily at night. They also have indirect LED light strip (in light blue) that reflects on a chrome strip that runs across the dash. I would not mind it if this was something that you could switch off perhaps but it certainly creates a cool feel at night. I am sure there are other ideas that could be suggested but I have to give credit to GM for trying to think of new ideas and not just slap something together like they used to. It reminds me of the old Honda company that designed everything with some level of thought and creativity. (Do you remember when you first opened a Honda gas cap back in the 80s and there was a perch for it on the door?)

On the down side, I keep hitting my head on the top of the door jamb when I exit the vehicle because it is so low (I am only 5'10"). Wonder if this is because of some federal safety mandate? Other concerns include the high dash/hood, steering wheel reach and that the steering wheel is not straight. The crooked steering wheel must be a GM thing because my Suburban has the same problem.

Last edited:
the coin tray in our cars actually holds many cups pretty snugly enough to work in a pinch......:wink:

A few more suggestions since it is clearly still in the oven:

How bout Honda building the NSX with a "non-interference" valve design? Not sure if that compromises performance.

Also, how about doing away with timing "belts"? Not sure if a chain has less issues in the long-term or not.

Also, lose the Continentals. If Michelin is good enough to be deemed the standard bearer by C & D and for use on the 918, than it should be good enough for Honda's Halo car too!

A few more suggestions since it is clearly still in the oven:

How bout Honda building the NSX with a "non-interference" valve design? Not sure if that compromises performance.

Also, how about doing away with timing "belts"? Not sure if a chain has less issues in the long-term or not.

Also, lose the Continentals. If Michelin is good enough to be deemed the standard bearer by C & D and for use on the 918, than it should be good enough for Honda's Halo car too!

Hey wait a second! They are listening LOL. (Yeah sure they are.)

I know they could not care less about what we think here on Prime but at least they seem to be making good choices. Not sure if the engine is "non-interference" but does it matter if it is chain driven?

Now that the car is supposedly set for production, this wish list is probably even less significant than before (if that is possible). But at the same time, we have a lot more details to work with and react to. So updating with what you have all suggested here is the latest wishlist:

1. Lose the Keyhole.
2. Create a flat floor in the trunk and widen the opening unless this compromises the structural rigidity.
3. Increase the visibility around the "C" Pillar by finding a way to reduce the blacked out glass.
4. Have the ICE produce at least 500 HP (DONE - Thanks!)
5. Clean up and simplify the front end.
6. Dress up the interior with more Alcantara and Carbon Fiber - Make it feel exotic - Bring back some of the Concept's interior design (DONE - Thanks!)
7. Improve and Deepen the Exhaust Note and offer a loud mode.
8. Add a forward-facing camera with USB access (or wifi) for track use.
9. Redo the engine presentation and show off the actual mechanical (polished) bits.
10. Incorporate a proper and permanent cup holder or two. (that's not selling out!)
11. Add more storage cubbies (door pockets?) including a spot for your cell phone and wallet.
12. Do some creative things with LEDs on both the exterior and interior. (e.g. indirectly light the Acura logo that reveals the outline at night, indirect lighting in some intake vents - something subtle, lit-up cup holder, etc.).
13. Rework the exterior door latches. They are cumbersome and look painful to use. You would think that with that much battery storage they would feel good about an electronic solution like the Vette.
14. Shorten the doors. Do they really need to be that long? They extend well past the side windows and will be hard to open all the way without making contact with other cars.
15. Lengthen the rear overhang.
16. Move the "Engine Start" Button back to the IDS Knob.
17. Offer more variety of calibration for the 4 drive modes and decouple the suspension settings from the engine settings.
18. Change name of the "Quiet" mode to "Stealth".
19. Increase engine redline to 8500. If the 12C can do it with turbos and the Ford Mustang V-8 can go to 8250 than surely the king of high-rev engines can match or surpass these "upstarts".

Anything I am missing now that we know most of the details?

Last edited:
There's only one on that list that I think might happen - decoupling suspension/steering/engine/gearbox modes.

That would be most welcome.

I also firmly believe they are using the delay to improve the engine note, not increase the volume.

If that redline could just be 8K and pulls hard all the way up to 8K like the first gen, then that would be fantastic. I find it a big let-down when a turbo car has a 7K or 7.5K redline but runs out of breath at like 6K or 6.5K, generally because of the turbo choice. I hope this is not the case for the new NSX and they choose all-out peak curve since the emotors will fill the bottom end nicely.

I think aside from the keyhole/door and cupholder comments, the changes are well warranted and feasible as most are minor details and software adjustments. I could care less for cupholders nor the keyhole placement ultimately. It's like bickering about the fuel cap placement. Sometimes you have to compromise function over form sadly.

Updated:

1. Lose the Keyhole.
2. Create a flat floor in the trunk and widen the opening unless this compromises the structural rigidity.
3. Increase the visibility around the "C" Pillar by finding a way to reduce the blacked out glass.
4. Add a radio volume knob.
5. Clean up and simplify the front end.
6. Increase engine redline to 8500. If the 12C can do it with turbos and the Ford Mustang V-8 can go to 8250 than surely the king of high-rev engines can match or surpass these "upstarts".
7. Improve and Deepen the Exhaust Note and offer a loud mode. (and lose the bubbles)
9. Redo the engine presentation and show off the actual mechanical (polished) bits.
10. Incorporate a proper and permanent cup holder or two. (that's not selling out!)
11. Add more storage cubbies (door pockets?) including a spot for your cell phone and wallet. How bout a "blind" holster for your cell phone ala Tesla X
12. Do some creative things with LEDs on both the exterior and interior. (e.g. indirectly light the Acura logo that reveals the outline at night, indirect lighting in some intake vents - something subtle, lit-up cup holder, etc.).
13. Rework the exterior door latches. They are cumbersome and look painful to use. You would think that with that much battery storage they would feel good about an electronic solution like the Vette.
14. Shorten the doors. Do they really need to be that long? They extend well past the side windows and will be hard to open all the way without making contact with other cars.
15. Lengthen the rear overhang.
17. Offer more variety of calibration for the 4 drive modes and decouple the suspension settings from the engine settings.
19. Find a way to improve steering feel.

wow, good to see everyone is completely enamoured with the new car. :rolleyes:

i can't say i'd see any of those things changing. except maybe a cup holder?

certainly no re-engineering of the redline or anything drivetrain or appearance related. at this point, i reckon what you see is what you're getting...

wow, good to see everyone is completely enamoured with the new car. :rolleyes:

i can't say i'd see any of those things changing. except maybe a cup holder?

certainly no re-engineering of the redline or anything drivetrain or appearance related. at this point, i reckon what you see is what you're getting...

The last thing we need now is another delay leave it as it is and change on the move

The last thing we need now is another delay leave it as it is and change on the move

Good point. Then for the mid-cycle refresh:

Updated:

1. Lose the Keyhole.
4. Add a radio volume knob.
5. Clean up, simplify and lower the front end.
6. Increase engine redline to 8500. If the 12C can do it with turbos and the Ford Mustang V-8 can go to 8250 than surely the king of high-rev engines can match or surpass these "upstarts".
7. Improve and Deepen the Exhaust Note and offer a loud mode (open exhaust to alternate muffler?). (and lose the bubbles)
11. Add more storage cubbies (door pockets?) including a spot for your cell phone and wallet. How bout a "blind" holster for your cell phone with built in charging adapter ala Tesla X. How about a "secret" cubbie behind the Nav Screen?
13. Rework the exterior door latches. They are cumbersome and look painful to use. You would think that with that much battery storage they would feel good about an electronic solution like the Vette or Tesla Model S
15. Lengthen the rear overhang - About 3 inches would do it.
19. Find a way to improve steering feel.
20. Hide the windshield wipers under the hood. If Chevy can do it with the Corvette than Honda should be able to figure it out. May require hinging the hood in the front.
21. Offer a Heads Up display option.
22. Find a way to raise the door opening on the inside top side so it corresponds to the window opening. I am no engineer but I am a bit surprised that Honda seems to be relying on such a beefy top section when they have plans to produce a convertible version.

Tweak and Polish the Jewel Honda!

Last edited:

I highly doubt many of the items in your list will be changed prior to production. However I feel it's extremely likely that the 4 drive modes will be modified to provide additional options since so many reviewers disliked this aspect of the car. It seems like a mere software change that would be easy to work on independently while they're tooling up for factory production.

And I absolutely love your idea of a "Stealth" mode. If they had called it Stealth mode Honda's marketing could spin it in a positive way, similar to how Tesla was able to generate press attention for their "Insane" and "Ludicrous" modes. Quiet mode simply sounds boring, exactly the opposite image that Acura wants to create for this car.

I highly doubt many of the items in your list will be changed prior to production. However I feel it's extremely likely that the 4 drive modes will be modified to provide additional options since so many reviewers disliked this aspect of the car. It seems like a mere software change that would be easy to work on independently while they're tooling up for factory production.

And I absolutely love your idea of a "Stealth" mode. If they had called it Stealth mode Honda's marketing could spin it in a positive way, similar to how Tesla was able to generate press attention for their "Insane" and "Ludicrous" modes. Quiet mode simply sounds boring, exactly the opposite image that Acura wants to create for this car.

Great points.

For that matter, would it be interesting to have something beyond Track mode where there is overboost on the turbos, full charge unleashed on the electric motors (like hot lap on the 918), exhaust bypass, A/C compressor switched off, maximum torque vectoring and all nannies switched off?

What should they call it?

Psycho Mode? Hero Mode? Superman Mode?

Or how about Senna Mode?

On second thought, how hard would it be to allow the driver the ability to customize the number of modes, and the names and settings of each mode? As part of such programming, Honda could also offer customization of the gauges and displays to go along with each driving mode.

That would provide personalization that today's consumers expect. What other car manufacturers currently offer such an option?

I do like the fact that the IDS offers the ability to change everything at once to provide a specific experience - especially if it can be customized. It seems far more convenient than having a separate switch or knob for every system (e.g. suspension, DCT, steering, torque vectoring, throttle, exhaust etc.).

I would guess that if I could customize the settings, I would only need or use three: Stealth, Sport and Senna. Four seems overkill to me unless I am missing something. I would think that I would use Sport 75% of the time and the other two modes for special occasions. In Sport Mode, I would like the suspension and torque vectoring optimized for neutral and agile cornering, the exhaust to whisper around town and roar when I am going for it (like our 1st Gen cars do), full control of the DCT and moderately firm suspension settings. Then the other 2 modes can be set to the 2 extremes of the continuum.

Last edited:
I would guess that if I could customize the settings, I would only need or use three: Stealth, Sport and Senna. Four seems overkill to me unless I am missing something. I would think that I would use Sport 75% of the time and the other two modes for special occasions. In Sport Mode, I would like the suspension and torque vectoring optimized for neutral and agile cornering, the exhaust to whisper around town and roar when I am going for it (like our 1st Gen cars do), full control of the DCT and moderately firm suspension settings. Then the other 2 modes can be set to the 2 extremes of the continuum.

i really couldn't see any of the stuff on this list changing or being rectified before the NSX finally hits the showroom. Acura is already so far behind on this car, they simply don't have the time. what you've seen is what you're getting.

i do like your last paragraph however. no need to name it "Senna" though, but simpler seems better...

Let's be realistic here. If Acura allows customizing beyond the design parameters the car was designed for to ensure reliability and longevity and you blow up your engine/car ... Do you expect the warranty to cover it? I suspect overtime there may be hacks, like 09 GTRs launch control. Buyers signed forms warning them of do's and dont's plus that there is Black Box. So the Black Box (which I'm sure the NSX will also have) will note history of events/parameters and come time you seek coverage, you'll find you (like those who blew the GT-R's pricey tanny) have to pay for knowingly going outside engineering/design parameters limits. This car has a very complex drive train system which had many expertise hours plus extensive testing put into it. Do you think they will just let any Joe Racer decide that over boasting it and other tweaks based on what he/she things will make it better?
I can see letting owners alter a given mode within allowed parameter limits they pre-engineer in. That would extremely desirable and a huge PLUS! (I hope Someone at Acura is seriously following the forum and listening!) And I think 4 or more modes (regardless how labeled) are not too many. Does anyone think if we took a poll on this small forum we'd all agree on a fixed set of three driving modes/conditions?

Let's be realistic here. If Acura allows customizing beyond the design parameters the car was designed for to ensure reliability and longevity and you blow up your engine/car ... Do you expect the warranty to cover it? I suspect overtime there may be hacks, like 09 GTRs launch control. Buyers signed forms warning them of do's and dont's plus that there is Black Box. So the Black Box (which I'm sure the NSX will also have) will note history of events/parameters and come time you seek coverage, you'll find you (like those who blew the GT-R's pricey tanny) have to pay for knowingly going outside engineering/design parameters limits. This car has a very complex drive train system which had many expertise hours plus extensive testing put into it. Do you think they will just let any Joe Racer decide that over boasting it and other tweaks based on what he/she things will make it better?
I can see letting owners alter a given mode within allowed parameter limits they pre-engineer in. That would extremely desirable and a huge PLUS! (I hope Someone at Acura is seriously following the forum and listening!) And I think 4 or more modes (regardless how labeled) are not too many. Does anyone think if we took a poll on this small forum we'd all agree on a fixed set of three driving modes/conditions?

What driving experiences do you hope to have beyond the 3, I mentioned above? Perhaps a weather mode? I don't think the 4 modes they currently have even address bad weather. Then again, maybe a weather protection is built in with traction control and a sensor tied to a temp gauge and or a rain sensor?

Last edited:
i would imagine with the current state of electronic safety nets that there isn't a need for a "weather" mode. but your suggestion of three modes certainly seems adequate...

Back