• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Props to everyone on this board and and the moderators

i just wanted to say that so far this is the best car forum i have ever been on...everyone here is respectful to each other comments and cars....everyone tries to help everyone with their questions...

it great to see everyone getting along so well...

i go to other forums and i read people bashing other people's car just because it is nicer than another guy's car..

btw a local hockey player, George Laraque (Edmonton Olilers), is selling his Z8 with Dinan package on ebay if any one is interested...

I bought a NSX cause it was a high school dream...and found a community of great people (that i never met) that i never dreamed possible...

thanks guys....

Last edited:
I agree NCC.....its amazing on an internet forum that so many people can respect others opinions without getting into a tissy! Now if only we could all run for goverment!!! "An NSX in every garage!":D

Dammit, this thread belongs in the NSX Prime Website News & Discussion forum!! :mad:

Just kidding bro! :D:D:D Group hug ->
grouphug.gif

NCC-1701D said:
i just wanted to say that so far this is the best car forum i have ever been on...everyone here is respectful to each other comments and cars....everyone tries to help everyone with their questions...

it great to see everyone getting along so well...
How about a ten best list of things you don't hear (at least, not very often) on NSXprime? Better would be things that you typically hear on other boards. Best would be actual quotes from other boards.

10. "you sir, are a retard."

9. xxx car "= overpriced just face it"

8. "You guys must be idiots for buying an NSX." (invader from another board, coming to start flames)

7. "I sold my NSX because I hated it." (okay, so you never hear this one because the car is so good, not because the board is so good - but it's worth keeping on the list, no?)

Well, I read this quote on other boards and wouldn't mind hearing it here (particularly in regards to this very thread):
"Best post EVAR!!"

:D:D:D:D

Seriously, my personal opinion is that the IS the best forum EVAR!! I measure all other boards that I frequent against NSXPrime, and none can match the maturity and civility that this board shows. (Well, at least most of the time. :p)

-Randy

Because...

I think we can explain this phenomena by the fact that there is an extraordinary high concentration of above average educated people on this board.

The NSX is well reputed to get the favors of engineers, scientists, and IMO very tasteful and refined people.

Would be fun to get informations about mean educational level of NSX owners vs others exotics owners...

We started a thread about which Universities we've been in the Off topic...

nsxtasy said:
How about a ten best list of things you don't hear (at least, not very often) on NSXprime? Better would be things that you typically hear on other boards. Best would be actual quotes from other boards.

10. "you sir, are a retard."

9. xxx car "= overpriced just face it"

8. "You guys must be idiots for buying an NSX." (invader from another board, coming to start flames)

7. "I sold my NSX because I hated it." (okay, so you never hear this one because the car is so good, not because the board is so good - but it's worth keeping on the list, no?)
Where's the rest of the list? Looks like you're having far too much on other forums! :D

effer said:
I think we can explain this phenomena by the fact that there is an extraordinary high concentration of above average educated people on this board.

The NSX is well reputed to get the favors of engineers, scientists, and IMO very tasteful and refined people.

Would be fun to get informations about mean educational level of NSX owners vs others exotics owners...

Actually, I am not a scientist, engineer, or doctor; just a cop thats still working on his Bachelors :cool:
However, I agree that from my experience, everyone on this board has shown a great deal of civility, maturity, and a suprising amount of compassion for the fellow, current and prospecting, NSX owners. It is quite a treat.

nsxtasy said:
I was hoping others might chime in with another six (or more) items...

Well here are a few things I have never or rarely seen here:

6. "My car can whoop your car!!!" nonsense
5. "I bought my NSX for my daily driver so I can use my Ferrari/Lambo on the weekends"
4. "I got the NSX for my wife so she wouldn't feel left out after getting my Ferrari/Lambo"
Hmmm I'm fresh out at this point.

Here is two topics you do not see to much of on NSX Prime...

My NSX broke down and left me stranded.

I got stuck in my NSX in a snowstorm.

Here's another one that you never see here

"My oil change just cost more than a Honda Civic:( "

Re: Because...

effer said:

You left off the fact that we're damn good looking too :cool:

I've been to a few universitys, but they tell me driving through the parking lot doesn't really count. Seriously, I find it hard to believe that the car one chooses to drive can pin-point the owners' intelligence. That's like saying you can tell the length of a person's criminal record by the bike they drive. Ergo, all Harley owners are in bike gangs. I drive an NSX, hold 0 Bs, Ms, or PhDs. I don't belong to a philosophy club, fathom mathematics, or have Stephen Hawking over for soup. I can change my own oil, know how to use a torque wrench, and think I can pick a nice car based on styling, performance, reliability, and a little common sense. I kinda thought thats what drove people to this car, not their academic achievments. Or maybe I'm that stupid minority of owners...and by the way it's 'information', not 'informations'.

It's also universities, not universitys.

It's not the degree that makes you smart, but a lot of smart people have degrees.

Last edited:
a'hem...

Viper Driver said:
It's also universities, not universitys.

It's not the degree that makes you smart, but a lot of smart people have degrees.

i.) Ahh, I love grammar-Nazi's!!! :D
ii.) BTW, two neuro-surgeons at the med'school of the Univ' I went to had NSX's.:cool:
iii.)StarQuarterback at my Univ': "NX_wuat?"

Thus, education is p-r-i-c-e-l-e-s-s
(learning, for the mind is like how exercise is to the body)

BTW, this site is ab'fab... Kudos and thanx to all who make it happen.:)

[meanwhile thinking of something witty/non-caustic for NSXTASY's Top10] :p

Last edited:
NoSeX4U said:
I drive an NSX, hold 0 Bs, Ms, or PhDs.
There are always going to be exceptions. :D

NoSeX4U said:
by the way it's 'information', not 'informations'.
That error is usually made by those for whom English is not their native language. And while there are many ways of evaluating intelligence, few of us would consider the ability to speak more than one language to be a sign of less intelligence...

To clarify the last point, almost everybody in Europe speaks 3-4 languages but I'm sure the cross-section of intelligence is the same for them as it is for us. Therefore the ability to speak more than one language cannot be used as a measuring stick of intelligence. And despite that, I'm not questioning ANYONE's smarts, just the veracity of the above theorized correlations. Pardon me if it sounded austentacious to me, maybe I take things too seriously. And thanks for the compliment; I do think I'm exceptional:D

NoSeX4U said:
the ability to speak more than one language cannot be used as a measuring stick of intelligence.
Sometimes the word "intelligence" is used when the more appropriate term is "education", or sometimes "worldliness". These are different concepts, but they are often (if not always) correlated.

Does NSX ownership correlate with any of these concepts? Possibly. Of course, some of that is true of any expensive luxury item; ownership of an expensive item is positively correlated with income, and income is positively correlated with education, and education is positively correlated with intelligence. ("Correlated" doesn't mean that there is ALWAYS that relationship, but that it tends to be true on average, in the aggregate.)

I do believe that NSX ownership is more highly correlated with certain attributes than ownership of other expensive sports cars - notably interest in technical fields (engineering, computers) and in adventurous activities. For example, I have not found any group outside of aviation that is as positively correlated with flying as NSX owners are. Take a group of relatively affluent adults at random, and you might find that 1-2 percent have ever flown an airplane. Take a group of NSX owners at random, and you'll find that 30-40 percent have flown an airplane.

Come on, even nsxtasy forgot about that one thing set us apart to a lot of different forums... and you will probably never sees any of us posting such topic would be... Drum roll.... ROAD KILL STORIES.... Like "I ate the Z06 for breakfast this morning..." . :D

We do see some of similar topic once awhile, but most of time we see the post as the nsx got beat. (Well, 99% of the case, nsx and nsx driver will win so there's no point to brag...) it's either amiring the opponent's driving ability or give credit to the car. Instead of pointing fingers to the poor individual, other member will quickly turn the post into a technical discussion of the diff. of the two cars, racing lines, and even guessing game of the opponent's modification...

Joining in this forum let me understand that Maturity is not being old and boring, but being open minded with other people.

*sigh* aviation. . .

nsxtasy said:
...Take a group of NSX owners at random, and you'll find that 30-40 percent have flown an airplane.

I hope to be a NSX owner (again) in a few weeks; but after Sept11th, I dont see myself ever being able to re-initiate my fondness for aviation...:( (Osiris_x11 -> Naturalized U.S. Citizen)

Anyways, nsxtasy is indeed on the right track (no pun intended): correlation isn't necessarily concordance... (but overwhelming majority do conform to this analogy)

intellegence ~ education ---> affluence = NSX

[NOT always, but more often than it rains in London:eek: ]

ANDsomething you won't ever hear on 'Prime. . . (drum-roll!)
"Man, there is just way too much h.p on the NSX..." :D
(all in good-humor, ya'll)

How about a compliment you won't hear on this site (another great quote from the thread in nsxtasy's #9):

i would be honored to have an nsx cause it would sh*t on a civic anyday, especially while picking up bitches

40% of the NSX-owning population have 'flown an airplane'? As in piloted? Or do you mean 'in an airplane', as in been a passenger. I've flown afew paper airplanes in my day, but unless some flying club did a group-buy of NSXs, I have a hard time believing THAT stat. And last time I checked, most astronauts drove vettes. It's their '(un)official' car. They've got some engineers there, or so I've heard. Anyway, starting my car isn't too hard, so even though Mensa (grudgingly) passed me by when looking for new members, I'm confident I won't have to rely on my suspect math skills to get around town in my Brainiac-mobile!:D Though if I've got some problems with Quantum mechanics, I now know where to go.

40% of the NSX-owning population have 'flown an airplane'? As in piloted? Or do you mean 'in an airplane', as in been a passenger. I've flown afew paper airplanes in my day, but unless some flying club did a group-buy of NSXs, I have a hard time believing THAT stat.

I know that there are at least ten people on prime that do now or once had their pilots license. I am included in this group. I know one member that is working on or has his helicopter license. I am sure the number of pilots here is very high among the long time members compared to the general population. BTW I think there is a post about this topic somewhere in the archives.

steveny said:
... people on prime that do now or once had their pilots license. I am included in this group.
Ditto here, but I can't imagine anywhere near 40%.

Back