• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

Yes i think i stated already an 8hp gain over stock injectors with a Dali hot chip which gave me more than a standard ecu originally.
I have minor idle issues sometimes but it is so rare its not worth discussing, however i am sure that as more time goes by Brian will update the tune to where that is not an issue anymore.
One thing to mention i had a dip around vtec while at the track so only noticeable when wot i just installed a SOS 350 clutch and flywheel and its now gone so less mass on the rotating assembly and she is a lot smoother, i can carry 3rd gear through the chicanes at our local track where as before 2nd was slightly better.
Buy the kit you will be happy and hopefully updates to make it better are just around the corner

I agree with scammy just buy the kit you'll love it! If not your leaving hp & tq gains on the table that your not going to get with the stock injectors and stock tune.

Installed the injectors and ecu stage 3 chip a couple of weeks ago with the help of Mark, went and had a dyno run done on the car to compare to my dyno run in March.

Here are the results below, let me know what you guys think? I for one could not imagine going back to the stock chip/injectors after feeling the new found throttle response and gains that I made.
The dyno operator of the shop said that I was running a little lean in the middle of the rev range, but looking at the run I don't see it as being lean?? What do you guys think?
Brian is looking into smoothing out the tune for me and Mark, but am totally satisfied with the upgrade and wouldn't return it to stock.

Dyno Scan NSX RDX Injector + Tune pg 1.jpgDyno Scan NSX RDX Injector + Tune pg 2.jpgDyno Scan NSX RDX Injector + Tune pg 3.jpg

Last edited:
Installed the injectors and ecu stage 3 chip a couple of weeks ago with the help of Mark, went and had a dyno run done on the car to compare to my dyno run in March.

Here are the results below, let me know what you guys think? I for one could not imagine going back to the stock chip/injectors after feeling the new found throttle response and gains that I made.
The dyno operator of the shop said that I was running a little lean in the middle of the rev range, but looking at the run I don't see it as being lean?? What do you guys think?
Brian is looking into smoothing out the tune for me and Mark, but am totally satisfied with the upgrade and wouldn't return it to stock.

View attachment 113934View attachment 113935View attachment 113936

I'll have a special tune just for you guys shortly. Glad you guys are enjoying it up there!

NOTE: I am currently offering a custom tune for the RDX kit if you're local. My tuning services will be free. Just pay for Dyno time. PM for details on this.

Brian

Will this new tune be available to all us High Altitude customers?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 113934View attachment 113935View attachment 113936

Gabe,

What numbers did you get with your original dyno run? What were your gains? I am having mine run this week so I would like to compare.

Chris

Brian,

I will post up the dyno today. I can also send you the dyno file but I had quite a scare on the drum today! the A/F ratios according to the tech were way out of whack. The car was running very lean and had detonation. We only did one run because of the very lean issue.

94 NSX dyno 7-10-14.jpg Here is my run from today.

Car is a 94 with 82k. CT Headers, Cantrell intake and TaiTec exhaust.

Last edited:
Will this new tune be available to all us High Altitude customers?

- - - Updated - - -

Gabe,

What numbers did you get with your original dyno run? What were your gains? I am having mine run this week so I would like to compare.

Chris

Chris,

I never did an original dyno run on the car when I got it last year. I immediately put on the Pride headers, the car did have the HKS sport exhaust on the car when I bought it. So my dyno run that shows 240 @ the wheels is with the Pride headers and HKS Sport exhaust which is represented by the red line overlayed on the blue line which was the new dyno with the RDX injectors and tune. My gained peak hp was 240 to 252....12 peak whp gain.

From what I'm told the HKS exhaust that is on my car while well constructed is not that free flowing compared to some of the newer exhaust systems out for the NSX, which would probably free up some more HP for me if I decide to go that route later on in the future?

I'll re-test/dyno my car when I get the updated tune from Brian, maybe he can eek out some more gains for me and Mark and you??

Last edited:
You have an older tune. I have an updated tune that fixes the lean issues at the higher altitudes. I am currently doing a fresh tune that will improve the current one. The new tune will be the best yet :smile:

Brian,

I will post up the dyno today. I can also send you the dyno file but I had quite a scare on the drum today! the A/F ratios according to the tech were way out of whack. The car was running very lean and had detonation. We only did one run because of the very lean issue.

Last edited:
Good deal. With the new tune will there be any HP increase or just smooth out the power curve/AF ratio?

My Goodness! after having the Prospeed RDX injector kit sitting on my shelf for about a year I finally had some time to install it over the weekend and WOWZERS! it sure did opened up my NSX! Installation was fairly smooth, although using the OEM gasket along with the RDX injectors where it plugs into the manifold was questionable as it doesn't sit snug like the OEM one does, with the fuel rail and everything else assembled with was just fine.

Drove it for about 100KM's no leaks or anything (thank goodness) Butt dyno says its awesome! even my Girlfriend noticed the difference after the install.

Currently at the moment im running on a Prospeed Stage 2 Tune with ARC intake and Taitec Exhaust. Will be changing my cats to the ProSpeed Cats and hopefully headers soon afterwords.

Brian, can you please get back to me about updating my chip with the newer maps? been having rough idle after restarting the car if it's been driven. tried txting your cell but no reply.

My Goodness! after having the Prospeed RDX injector kit sitting on my shelf for about a year I finally had some time to install it over the weekend and WOWZERS! it sure did opened up my NSX! Installation was fairly smooth, although using the OEM gasket along with the RDX injectors where it plugs into the manifold was questionable as it doesn't sit snug like the OEM one does, with the fuel rail and everything else assembled with was just fine.

Drove it for about 100KM's no leaks or anything (thank goodness) Butt dyno says its awesome! even my Girlfriend noticed the difference after the install.

Currently at the moment im running on a Prospeed Stage 2 Tune with ARC intake and Taitec Exhaust. Will be changing my cats to the ProSpeed Cats and hopefully headers soon afterwords.

Awesome!! wow waited a full year huh? Glad you love it bud! Another happy customer! =)

- - - Updated - - -

Brian, can you please get back to me about updating my chip with the newer maps? been having rough idle after restarting the car if it's been driven. tried txting your cell but no reply.

Hey bud,

hang on tight.... the updated version is in the works.... I will be letting everyone know the results soon. :smile:

Awesome! can't wait Brian, keep up the good work!

whats the turn around time for OBD2 tuning?

Back