• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

Brian,

Am I understanding correctly that if OBDII owners wanted this mod, they would have to get a FIC and take it to a tuner?

Do you have any other options in the pipeline for OBDII?

It is pretty clear that the tune that I'm driving around with is much safer than the OEM tune. I'm well under 14.0, whereas I was over 15.0 in stock tune.

FI is a different game - depending on how much boost you'll be running the RDX injectors might not be big enough. Prospeed does sell a turbo kit I believe so he should be able to better answer your questions.

The turbo kit requires different injectors and fuel pump anyway forgot about that. So this offers an even safer A/F ratio than the OEM tune. Nice:cool:

I like the mid range torque numbers. Thats got to be quite noticeable.

Interested how this will effect a CTSC car.

Last edited:
Bui: Yes, OBD-II cars would need the FIC or EMS. You could probably also use the Apex'i VAFC, but I'm not sure how well supported that unit is these days.

Drifter: The RDXs should support a 5-6 psi kit, be it super or turbocharged. I would NOT trust an OEM, 20 year old fuel pump...

The turbo kit requires different injectors and fuel pump anyway forgot about that. So this offers an even safer A/F ratio than the OEM tune. Nice:cool:

I like the mid range torque numbers. Thats got to be quite noticeable.

Interested how this will effect a CTSC car.

So these injectors will not work with 8psi boost levels from a supercharger or turbo?

Brian,

Am I understanding correctly that if OBDII owners wanted this mod, they would have to get a FIC and take it to a tuner?

Do you have any other options in the pipeline for OBDII?

OBD II support will not happen due to the nature of the ecu. aem ems or FIC is the best option.

So these injectors will not work with 8psi boost levels from a supercharger or turbo?

A lot of people have been asking about the injectors and for turbo applications... I personally would go with the 725cc injector dynamics injectors if you go turbo.... I used to offer the RC 750cc injectors but now I offer my turbo kit with the Injector Dynamics injectors. The RDX (price & NA and light boost)and the ID injectors (NA and turbo) are the best in the game right now IMO. I always recommend swapping out your fuel pump when going turbo.

A lot of people have been asking about the injectors and for turbo applications... I personally would go with the 725cc injector dynamics injectors if you go turbo.... I used to offer the RC 750cc injectors but now I offer my turbo kit with the Injector Dynamics injectors. The RDX (price & NA and light boost)and the ID injectors (NA and turbo) are the best in the game right now IMO. I always recommend swapping out your fuel pump when going turbo.

Is there a dyno of your ECU tune with the ID 725cc injectors? If not is it expected to not perform as well?

Also is there any benefit to replacing the fuel pump when getting the RDX injectors?

No program with the 725s, yet. We don't know whether it will perform better or not - the truth lies in the dyno. I've already paid for 6 hours of dyno time, so this project has gotten expensive for me.

If you know anyone who has a set, I would like to borrow them. I'll pay for the dyno testing.

As to the fuel pump, it would only help if your old pump was tired/failing.

Here are my results... mods are CT-Eng Headers, Pride V.2, ITG filter/ DF AIS, AIT Harmonic Damper, RDX Injectors, Prospeed tune.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• HuyNSXPwrMar12.jpg
    HuyNSXPwrMar12.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 921
  • HuyNSXAFRMar12.jpg
    HuyNSXAFRMar12.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 905
I wonder how those numbers would differ with a better flowing exhaust?

i think it would. i chose my exhaust for sound. i knew the gtlw would produce more power and weigh less, but i dont care.

Nice numbers.

No before #s to compare against?

How does it feel?

yeah, i edged out frumpybumps. lol. unfortunately, i have no stock dyno for an accurate comparison.

i did not get any before numbers from brian, but it feels much better.

Someone hurry up and get those 725cc injectors installed/tested so we know how good this NA setup can get! You guys have already probably hit the sweet spot for HP/$ value w the RDX injectors but if another 20HP/40TQ come out of a 725cc tune then it could still be worth it. There will be some robust NA NSXs around.

Someone hurry up and get those 725cc injectors installed/tested so we know how good this NA setup can get! You guys have already probably hit the sweet spot for HP/$ value w the RDX injectors but if another 20HP/40TQ come out of a 725cc tune then it could still be worth it. There will be some robust NA NSXs around.

I don't see that happening but it would be perfect for the Turbo guys! =)

Ok I will settle for 625cc! I just want to make sure theres nothing left on the table bc this has been the only power mod that I am seriously interested in right now. :) A little goes a long way when your car is lightened!

so I had to try this...

i had Downforce AIS, ITG Foam filter, CT Headers, Pride V2 Exhaust, ATI harmonic damper, and Prospeed Chip... and about 250lbs of weight reduction. Adding the RDX Injectors made a BIG difference.

the power gains are insane. just so much torque at cruising RPM's now. i echo the remarks about this feeling like a larger engine... the torque is really surprising. throws my head back into my seat. i would have to say it feels like an F430 now. and considering i had 21 year old injectors on there of the finest 80's technology with almost 139,000 miles on it... i feel much better having replaced them with the latest and greatest.

great mod, a no brainer... Brian is a great guy, as well, so there is no reason not to do this. he also has a bunch of them in stock and ready to go.
Where did you lose 250 lbs? Thats huge.:wink:

Where did you lose 250 lbs? Thats huge.:wink:

you can check the unofficial weight reduction thread for inspiration, thats what i did. props to those guys. i wont chronicle what i did, but i've gone so far as to remove the entire stereo system from the car.

Ok I will settle for 625cc! I just want to make sure theres nothing left on the table bc this has been the only power mod that I am seriously interested in right now. :) A little goes a long way when your car is lightened!

Nero,

Based on your list of mods, I don't see the need for 625 cc injectors.

And I certainly don't think there's another 20 wHP in the ID725s.

The RDXs at 44 psi are rated at 440cc; that's good for about 402 engine hp (N/A). At 60 psi they flow 510cc, which will support 470 engine hp (N/A).

You are probably right Rao, I am learning more about NA mods now that the time has come and you are breaking new ground. Major props to you and prospeed for your efforts in developing this mod. I think after this simple fuel delivery upgrade my car will be about 25-30% better than a stock NSX in every aspect except for comfort and aero, similar to an NSX-R. Eventually I will get around to the big expense of the front end conversion for aesthetics and aero and either total repaint or wrap but first I can't wait to enjoy the extra power. I think I will have to do the BBTB and manifold first though, since you need tuning to run the injectors.

Back