• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

Re: Impressive results

Is there an update to the "Stage 4" ECU tune? It would be great to see an itemization of recommended Tune Stages in this particular NA form such as:

Stage 1: I/H/E +RDX Injectors and ECU-3 with dyno
Stage 2: As above plus (recommended X intake, BBTB, cat, etc) with dyno
Stage 3: ITB or what have you...

Thanks for this great mod guys.

No prob! I plan to itemize everything soon but as it sits so far we have 3 RDX spec stages

1 (I/H)
2 (I/H/E)
3 (I/H/TP(test pipe)/E

There is also a custom tune option for local guys or those willing to come down so we can do a custom one off tune for their application... This is the ultimate ECU upgrade...PM me for details.

ITB support is in the works guys... Imagine running ITB's with the OEM ECU? =)

Our next round of dyno testing will include:

1. Increased fuel pressure
2. My custom 3.5-inch cold air intake with velocity stack
3. BBTB
4. Ported intake manifold (VVIS removed)

In each phase if necessary Prospeed will modify the tune. Since this is probably the same order that most people will mod their cars the tune will be applicable just like the current offerings.

You guy's are lucky to have L_RAO share his findings... this hopefully will settle a lot of questions whether the mods above actually show significant horsepower increase... Let's hope they do =)

Much thx to Loc, Brian and Scott. I was RDX'ed this afternoon and the drive back to San Diego confirmed the feedback of many of you who got the same treatment. Even its only my butt dyno, the gain is a pleasant surprise. Basically the area under the curve is shifted up across the board.

I don't have much to add w/o repeating what has been said. The engine does pull a lot stronger esp. starting @4k+ and the HP and torque is noticeable over the Stage 3 chip I had. I have a 6spd w/ 4.06 and 265/18 and I am curious what the new mpg is going to be now its running at a better a/f ratio and more efficient. Old mpg is 30 w/ Calif. 91.

Will report back later.

Thanks Tim for coming back... Your car is nice! I love white! This is why we offer this mod... it is a noticeable upgrade that you can feel. I believe more and more NSX owners will join you and pull the trigger on this =)

>ITB support is in the works guys... Imagine running ITB's with the OEM ECU? =)
outstanding!

>You guy's are lucky to have L_RAO share his findings... this hopefully will settle a lot of questions whether the >mods above actually show significant horsepower increase... Let's hope they do =)

Not often people with cars like ours (rare sportscar) are open/care to share results w/data good or lesson learned especially a case like this so all of us can benefit. I've never met L_RAO but I appreciate his kindness so I can keep my kidney to make this happen thru Brian. I am all for making the engine run more efficient w/o increase the weight of the car.

Another person I can think of is Hugo with the window fixie thing. Ooops, getting off topic. Yes, we are lucky with guys like them.

Last edited:

Much thx to Loc, Brian and Scott. I was RDX'ed this afternoon and the drive back to San Diego confirmed the feedback of many of you who got the same treatment. Even its only my butt dyno, the gain is a pleasant surprise. Basically the area under the curve is shifted up across the board.

I don't have much to add w/o repeating what has been said. The engine does pull a lot stronger esp. starting @4k+ and the HP and torque is noticeable over the Stage 3 chip I had. I have a 6spd w/ 4.06 and 265/18 and I am curious what the new mpg is going to be now its running at a better a/f ratio and more efficient. Old mpg is 30 w/ Calif. 91.

Will report back later.

Any noticeable change in throttle response and or sound?

Perhaps open collaboration for the continued development of the NSX will give it WELL deserved post production advancement similar to the Porsche 911. It's also awesome to see the ownership pursue this trend in a community that many other forums could only dream of!

I would be VERY interested in a Prospeed RDX injector tune @ 56-58psi rail pressure if in case you guys ever get to that :)

Brian - quick question. Does the prospeed tune address Open loop only or does it also take into account Closed loop fuel trims?

Last edited:

Any noticeable change in throttle response and or sound?

noticeable revs up quicker going thru the gears and I have the oem 6spd porky clutch.
sounds the same. vtec engages a bit harder as well.

I am sure its running more efficient w/ better a/f now than b 4 but my mileage report is a better guide. I have to burn off my existing tank first. I am at 212 miles w/ half tank left. The first 50 miles was still pre-RDX and we lost a bit of fuel from changing the injectors.

Am I Greener too w/ lower NOx?:rolleyes:

UPDATE

We are now offering Injector Dynamic injectors for the NSX!

If you have a boosted NSX these are the injectors to run. We offer

-ID725 and ID1000 injectors... These are the best injectors and have proven to perform well in street and race applications....

They have an even superior atomization characteristics than the RDX injectors and their size is perfect for a 400 to 800hp NSX.

We offer the Installation kits for the ID injectors for the same price as our RDX injectors... PM me for details and pricing.

UPDATE

We are now offering Injector Dynamic injectors for the NSX!

If you have a boosted NSX these are the injectors to run. We offer

-ID725 and ID1000 injectors... These are the best injectors and have proven to perform well in street and race applications....

They have an even superior atomization characteristics than the RDX injectors and their size is perfect for a 400 to 800hp NSX.

We offer the Installation kits for the ID injectors for the same price as our RDX injectors... PM me for details and pricing.

Any updated dynos with the ID injectors vs RDX or are these for FI benefits only?

Last edited:
Very interested but OBDII seems more work.
waiting to see more thoughts on the OBDII.

If you really grow to enjoy performance more than good weather, we sure do. :)

Any updated dynos with the ID injectors vs RDX or are these for FI benefits only?

We are planning to test the ID vs RDX... However the ID injectors are perfectly sized for boosted applications... The RDX injectors could work with a 380 to 400hp boosted car but will require higher pressure.

Very interested but OBDII seems more work.
waiting to see more thoughts on the OBDII.

It really isn't more work... once we get a OBDII car in with the FIC we will get a good tune for everyone.

bump for my q pls!

Yes, the closed loop map is dialed in for all part throttle maps... we have the car running pretty much stoich and people are noticing the big gains in everyday driving cause of that... we also tune open loop as you can see when the car is at full throttle. With the dynopak we can load test the car at any rpm.... so we load it at 2000rpm tune for stoich than move up from there... =)

We are planning to test the ID vs RDX... However the ID injectors are perfectly sized for boosted applications... The RDX injectors could work with a 380 to 400hp boosted car but will require higher pressure.

It really isn't more work... once we get a OBDII car in with the FIC we will get a good tune for everyone.

Yes, the closed loop map is dialed in for all part throttle maps... we have the car running pretty much stoich and people are noticing the big gains in everyday driving cause of that... we also tune open loop as you can see when the car is at full throttle. With the dynopak we can load test the car at any rpm.... so we load it at 2000rpm tune for stoich than move up from there... =)

hope so, looking to get this.

I have been waiting to see about what was found with using higher pressure... Now I have to wait to see about the different injectors to! It will all be worth it but i don't know if can wait to see what happens

I installed the RDX injectors on my Legend about 2 weeks ago and I was immediately impressed! For those that aren't aware, the Legend shares the same injectors and general engine computer design as the NSX. Brian reached out to me a few months ago for help on the ECU tuning side and I must say I'm highly impressed with his idea! I have to admit - I was a bit skeptical at first but I noticed a significant difference with only 5 minutes of rough street tuning! What the dyno doesn't really show is the the throttle responsiveness. It seems to rev more freely and take off out of the hole much faster. It just feels and sounds more "crisp". I had my car on the dyno back in June to get a baseline and do some tuning on the stock injectors. At that time I cleaned up the fueling a bit and did some minimal timing tuning and the numbers I put down were above average for my build. I compared my best run last time to the run yesterday with the only difference being the RDX injectors. It showed a net improvement of 10hp @5000RPM, (7HP Peak @ 5900rpm) and 12ft/lbs @5000 RPM. The only difference between the two dynos were the injectors, tuning and the lack of a short ram air intake on the most recent run. If you are familiar with the Legends you know it's very hard to eek out gains of 1 or 2 horsepower, never mind 10hp! This has to be the best bang-for-buck mod I've ever done.

Unfortunately I was a bit rushed to get to the dyno and I forgot to install my intake and a set of fresh spark plugs. Also I had a calibration problem with my wideband that used up some of my dyno time to get it in spec. At the last run I was just starting to really get somewhere as far as horsepower gains but my time ran out. In other words, I need to go back and finish!

100_2745.jpg

My mods for first run:
3.5 RL Motor with Type II cams and intake manifold
6Speed manual trans w/ 5spd flywheel & spec s2+ clutch
OBX headers with test pipe
Weapon R Intake
Remus Universal Muffler
Stage 3 ignition maps, custom fuel tuning

Second run same as above, except:
OEM air intake w/ K&N filter
RDX Injectors @55PSI

I used RL fuel rails with a crushed FPR mod to bring the pressure up to 55PSI. The RL fuel rails are billet aluminum and have a screw-in FPR that takes kindly to crushing unlike the Legend's which has a vacuum line coming out of the top of it. Would anyone be interested in seeing if the RL rails would fit the NSX?

100_2751.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

-Matt

Last edited:
I installed the RDX injectors on my Legend about 2 weeks ago and I was immediately impressed! For those that aren't aware, the Legend shares the same injectors and general engine computer design as the NSX. Brian reached out to me a few months ago for help on the ECU tuning side and I must say I'm highly impressed with his idea! I have to admit - I was a bit skeptical at first but I noticed a significant difference with only 5 minutes of rough street tuning! What the dyno doesn't really show is the the throttle responsiveness. It seems to rev more freely and take off out of the hole much faster. It just feels and sounds more "crisp". I had my car on the dyno back in June to get a baseline and do some tuning on the stock injectors. At that time I cleaned up the fueling a bit and did some minimal timing tuning and the numbers I put down were above average for my build. I compared my best run last time to the run yesterday with the only difference being the RDX injectors. It showed a net improvement of 10hp @5000RPM, (7HP Peak @ 5900rpm) and 12ft/lbs @5000 RPM. The only difference between the two dynos were the injectors, tuning and the lack of a short ram air intake on the most recent run. If you are familiar with the Legends you know it's very hard to eek out gains of 1 or 2 horsepower, never mind 10hp! This has to be the best bang-for-buck mod I've ever done.

Unfortunately I was a bit rushed to get to the dyno and I forgot to install my intake and a set of fresh spark plugs. Also I had a calibration problem with my wideband that used up some of my dyno time to get it in spec. At the last run I was just starting to really get somewhere as far as horsepower gains but my time ran out. In other words, I need to go back and finish!

100_2745.jpg

My mods for first run:
3.5 RL Motor with Type II cams and intake manifold
6Speed manual trans w/ 5spd flywheel & spec s2+ clutch
OBX headers with test pipe
Weapon R Intake
Remus Universal Muffler
Stage 3 ignition maps, custom fuel tuning

Second run same as above, except:
OEM air intake w/ K&N filter
RDX Injectors @55PSI

I used RL fuel rails with a crushed FPR mod to bring the pressure up to 55PSI. The RL fuel rails are billet aluminum and have a screw-in FPR that takes kindly to crushing unlike the Legend's which has a vacuum line coming out of the top of it. Would anyone be interested in seeing if the RL rails would fit the NSX?

100_2751.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

-Matt

Matt,

Thank you for your review! I'm really glad it is showing some solid gains on the Legend! You're putting down some good power too! I hope you make waves with this mod in the Legend community because making power like that isn't easy for a bolt on item.

The throttle response and crisp feeling is what the NSX guys are noticing as well... The part throttle low rpm gains are noticeable for sure. We will also be testing the injectors at 55lbs soon and will report back with results. stay tuned guys! If there was a mod of the year... I would vote for this mod =)

Once someone does before/after results on the 3.2L, I plan to move forward. I'm really waiting (and excited) to see someone do this with a FIC.

I would vote for this as mod of the past twenty years!

=)

Once someone does before/after results on the 3.2L, I plan to move forward. I'm really waiting (and excited) to see someone do this with a FIC.

Anyone with a 3.2L in the So Cal area interested in this mod please PM me. I will give you a discount on the install kit, AEM FIC, Harness and dyno tuning. Thanks!

Daaammmit I wish I was local. You mean obdii not 3.2 right? I would like to see the higher fuel pressure results with the RDX injectors too before I jump in.

Back