• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prototype is ALIVE!

New Nurburgring proto spy shots show the rear tires have grown fatter (YES!) and the front air scoops have been cut larger, now more aggressive, like a 911 Turbo. The odd stacked square exhaust tips have gone bye-bye.

Progress continues at the 'Ring.:biggrin:

Attachments

• HondaNSXspyphoto1.jpg
    HondaNSXspyphoto1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 377
  • HondaNSXspyphoto2.jpg
    HondaNSXspyphoto2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 347
  • HondaNSXspyphoto5.jpg
    HondaNSXspyphoto5.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 439
Good to hear they're still developing the car. :D

Too bad I'll never be able to afford it. :(

I said the exact same thing as a high school student staring at the magazine article in Road and Track in 89 about this amazing prototype New Sportscar eXperimental being developed in Japan which stole my heart. 19 years later, it's been my daily driver for the last 13.

Funny how that little boy dreaming still lives on in all of us, stoked by the House that Soichiro built. Dreams have a odd way of becoming your reality, someday: if you want it bad enough, you WILL own it.

Cheers,
John

well, we know that the Dodge Viper does 7:22 around the Nurburgring.

Obviously the ZR-1 and GT-R Spec-V will try to beat it...by the time the new V10 NSX comes out, I'm sure the one of these cars will be running 7:15 or even less.
I'd say Honda should be aiming for 7:00 flat.

Obviously the ZR-1 and GT-R Spec-V will try to beat it...by the time the new V10 NSX comes out, I'm sure the one of these cars will be running 7:15 or even less.

7 mins flat aint happening anytime soon. I think Honda will be good in the 7:2x range. It doesnt necessarily have to be the fastest thing on earth. The viper now holds the world record and they still have problems selling them.

It pains me to say this, as I was hoping Honda would bring out something that would shock the car world as they did with the NSX, however there is nothing special looking about that car...somewhere it's a cross between a hyundai tiberon and a 350Z.

Have you any idea what it would take to shave :22 off the lap record?

There is a fine line between being optimistic, and being deluded.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZ-CNFpPCnk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZ-CNFpPCnk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Having watched the ZR-1 i n car footage, along with the GT-R in car footage I am thinking 7:20 would be a major accomplishment for a street car.

Last edited:
Where are these pics from? Are we sure it's not photoshopped?

The pics are from CAR magazine, a respectable UK automotive magazine. It would be unlikely they'd use photoshopped images, and you can identify the test driver in these as being Japanese, something that wasn't seen before.

Back