• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prototype Side skirt???

Was this something that was on the prototype NSX or was this actually a factory option? I have never seen this before,

image.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason I have never seen it, I think it has something to do with the blank picture you posted :biggrin:

Fixed

Cool, pix works now, but now I'm calling shenanigans:biggrin:
The side skirt on that red NSX is the OEM on all pop up's.........:confused:

I think he's talking about the black piece under the regular side skirt.

Cool, pix works now, but now I'm calling shenanigans:biggrin:
The side skirt on that red NSX is the OEM on all pop up's.........:confused:

that looks like an artificial shadow...

Its not a shadow. It looks like some plastic piece like the front lip.

Given the age and look of the photo it was probably shot on film. Photoshop had just launched around the introduction of the NSX and considering they didn't bother editing out the spots on the ground or the backdrop transition I doubt they'd digitally edit the underbody shadow (something you'd normally do if you wanted to drop the car into a different environment). I think that plastic trim piece is real.

I checked around for other vintage photos and couldn't find any other shots of it. My first guess was that it was only on the prototype but it's clearly absent in the 1989 auto show model.

Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 6.26.36 PM.jpg

Definitely a shadow

I don't believe it's a shadow. It can be a bit tricky on the eye but the "shadow" is not uniform all the way to the wheels. Try blowing the picture up a bit. Didn't Downforce or some other company offer these once? I think I remember reading somewhere of people having these lower skirts and not knowing which side was left or right when trying to fit?

Back