• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Racing Pedals engineered for the NSX available soon!

Hi guys,

Along with searching for an NSX for myself, I will be designing and producing racing pedals exclusively for the NSX (and for use by myself also!). I am working with a well known member who has agreed to become the "guinea pig" for this development.

If you are interested in the gb, please send an e-mail to me at [email protected] with the subject: NSX pedal gb. I will contact you when the group buy begins.

Here are some of the features:

- Gas pedal that is designed specifically for heal/toe shifting.

- "Anti-slip" Raised edges on all pedals designed to provide much greater grip than factory or other aftermarket pedals.

- CNC machined from aircraft quality aluminum

- Foot rest and gas pedal are attached directly via screws.

- Brake and clutch pedal are attached via beveled bolts

- Foot rest pedal normally not included in aftermarket pedal kits.

- No cheap "bracket" attachments. These pedals will not scratch up nice shoes if your foot gets behind them. If you have "bracket" attached pedals then you know what we are talking about.

- Includes all mounting hardware and instructions.

I wanted to kick off this product with a group buy once the development is complete (expected completion within 2 weeks).

The price will be $65 (if I can get more than 10 participants) and that includes shipping in the USA and Canada.

Two finishes will be available. Examples of the finishes can be seen below. The "machined" finish is a set of RSX pedals and the "matte" finish is a set of pedals for Stealth R/T Twin Turbo.

In these pictures you can also see how the accelerator is widened to allow easier heal-toeing. The engraving of the logo on the brake and clutch pedal is also functional, providing excellant grip for the raised sharp edges.

Machined
rsxpedssm.jpg

Matte ($25 extra)
dodgebeaded4pc.JPG

Currently, I am only planning to produce pedals using the "NSX" logo. Is anyone interested in pedals using the "H" logo as seen below? These pedals are actually for a Honda Accord. If there is sufficient interest, I can produce these also.
4pcbig.jpg

Please let me know of any other designs you might like to see.

Originally posted by Welsh Dragon:
They look good to me as well.

Would they fit UK models?

Dale
NSX 1

Dale,
I am not sure, do the RHD models have the same pedals as LHD? I know they do for 300ZX's but I'm not sure about the NSX. Also, intl. shipping to the UK is an additional $15.
Thank you,
-Tony

Very nice and definitely matte .... but wouldn't they get scratched? How about some subtle flat faced rubber gromets to fill the holes but also give some grip for leather soled daily driving typess? At $90 for the matte, that might be pushing the envelope but you never know until you try ....
wink.gif

Originally posted by avernaz:

For info..

You can use the MUGEN Racing Pedal kit on your NSX.... same model Civic, Del Sol..
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?product=200&vehicle=Civic

I have them on mine... no adaptation needed
smile.gif
Work perfect !

Cheers

Ok. Where do I start?

The Mugen pedals cost 3 times as much and they do not even include a dead pedal.

It appears to me they are stamped metal with sandpaper attached with an adhesive. Hardly worth $170+.

Do they screw on or bolt on? Regardless, I do not believe they compare to AutoVation pedals in value or appearance.

I cannot comment on functionality because I have never used them.

-Tony www.autovation.net

[This message has been edited by AutoVation (edited 21 February 2003).]

Originally posted by ctrlaltdelboy:
I like the look of those pedals - make sure you post when they are ready and you have pics

We will do the first trial fit later this week. I will definitely post the pictures and details on the group buy at that point. Currently, we are planning to offer 2 styles: "NSX" and plain (no logo). If there are any other styles that someone would like to see, please let me know.

Thank you,
-Tony

I would opt for the NSX but others may prefer the R instead of the plane ....
wink.gif

Just curious, how much of the gap are you narrowing between the brake pedal and the gas pedal .... different model years have different gaps. And are you doing this mostly through the gas pedal, both?

And have you determined whether no flat rubber gromets are needed for leather soled shoes ....?

Originally posted by Hrant:
I would opt for the NSX but others may prefer the R instead of the plane ....
wink.gif

Just curious, how much of the gap are you narrowing between the brake pedal and the gas pedal .... different model years have different gaps. And are you doing this mostly through the gas pedal, both?

And have you determined whether no flat rubber gromets are needed for leather soled shoes ....?

These pedals are being designed based upon a '92 NSX. What model years are different? If someone with the different geometry pedals can contact me, I will need some assistance and measurements taken.

Rubber grommets are not needed for leather soled shoes. The raised aluminum edges provide an excellant grip (even with bare feet).
-Tony

I emailed the guy the other day and he said that he was going to test the Prototype pedals on a car today. So if all goes well he said they would be available soon.

Hi guys,
The dead pedal is taking longer than expected. We should have them installed by Thursday. They look sweet! I will have some pics early this coming week.
-Tony

Originally posted by AutoVation:
Hi guys,
The dead pedal is taking longer than expected. We should have them installed by Thursday. They look sweet! I will have some pics early this coming week.
-Tony

Very interested in your pedals. I am looking for the ability to mount the pedals on the original pads in an effort to bring them closer to the driver.........short drivers need thickers pedals. Can you tell me if this modification will work with your set-up?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Racerxjling:
I only see red "x's" where the pix should be. Can you send me pictures privately?
[email protected]
Thanks
Jeff

The pictures are not working because we are in the process of switching host servers. We have had our website and e-mail down for days at a time due to Featureprice.com. STAY AWAY from this company. Everything should be working fine within 48 hours (when our new server address has propagated throughout the internet).
I have uploaded pictures and linked them below. They came out pretty sweet! If the pictures are not currently visible, they will be within 48 hours. I will be uploading the group buy order form and will have installed pictures later this week.

Matte Finish
NSXb4.jpg

NSXb1.jpg

Machined Finish
NSX4.jpg

Originally posted by AutoVation:

Ok. Where do I start?

The Mugen pedals cost 3 times as much and they do not even include a dead pedal.

It appears to me they are stamped metal with sandpaper attached with an adhesive. Hardly worth $170+.

Do they screw on or bolt on? Regardless, I do not believe they compare to AutoVation pedals in value or appearance.

I cannot comment on functionality because I have never used them.

-Tony www.autovation.net

[This message has been edited by AutoVation (edited 21 February 2003).]

Hi,
Firstly, I like the look of these pedals you are working on, and price is very resaonable. I am however concered about grip. I don't know if the rasied edges will suffice. I have the mugen set now which retail for $135 not $170+, and the grip is great! Oh, and the center is not glued on sand paper it's a tightly woven metal mesh. Come on now it's MUGEN!!! Maybe pricy but quality can't be matched, hey kind of like the NSX.-HA! Be nice it's my first post.

------------------
You can reach me better at [email protected]

Originally posted by JDM JUNKIE:
Hi,
Firstly, I like the look of these pedals you are working on, and price is very resaonable. I am however concered about grip. I don't know if the rasied edges will suffice. I have the mugen set now which retail for $135 not $170+, and the grip is great! Oh, and the center is not glued on sand paper it's a tightly woven metal mesh. Come on now it's MUGEN!!! Maybe pricy but quality can't be matched, hey kind of like the NSX.-HA! Be nice it's my first post.

I'll take a set when you offer a group buy.

I would like to see a template lay-over of OEM versus these pedals for a size comparison. Looks to me like the throttle pedal, at least, is much larger than stock. I would also like to see the installation instructions.

Back