• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Receiving an NSX as a high school graduation present!

And now, he is about to sell it.

Hmmm... so they got this car as a HS Graduation gift. But the person is going to School (college/university I assume) in NYC so they're going to sell it now.

How long could he/she have possibly owned it?

How ironic!

I thought we went to school in order to GET cars like these, not GET RID of them!

I got a lousy 1988 Ford Probe GT for my high school graduation. Of course, that was back in 1988 when Ford Probes were cool new cars. I wouldn't have even gotten rid of my old Probe to continue going to any school. Maybe my priorities are all screwed up. :)

being able to go to private college was my gift..

My family was not rich so I think I got dinner and a pen when I graduated... My ex's dad gave her a brand new M3 for graduation.. That's when I realized that I got shafted..

:)

Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach said:
All I got for my high school graduation was 2 hits of acid and I took them both that night. Wait . . where am I? Who are you guys? Did you see that?

I cant stop laughing!!!:D

Viper Driver said:
I got $1000.00 for graduation and used it to buy a 'vette: a 1979 Chevette. :)
yea my gift was a 78 25 annversry vette my dad had but could not drive because of a bad back, unfortunatly i blew the tranny and while in the shop it was stolen:(
ended up with a 95 audi 5000, it was hot in its day,according to the gangster rappers,lol

steveny said:
I received absolutely zero for high school graduation.

Yeah ditto that.... i received nothing for both degrees except but a "well done" card. :rolleyes:
oh well... it will be more satisfying get an NSX with my own cash anyhow.

WOW,

in highschool student gets NSX for gift!

i would wet my self if that happen to me..

she is disrespecting her parents by selling such a hard earned gift. so sad...

What's "graduation"?;)

I got the obligatory set of Cross pen and pencils and a "way to go, son." That's all I needed, and I think I turned out okay. The chick who got the M3 probably ended up getting knocked up by a frat boy loser and is now asking you "paper or plastic?" when you buy your groceries.

Those who have life delivered on a silver platter often end up eating off paper plates.

well, if i got an automatic NSX as a teenager, everyone and there mother would kick my ass!!! So many people rag on me now for driving my NSX because they look at that tight gear box and assume its an auto because its soo small..."How the HELL could you buy an auto NSX?? that should be a sin!" "uhh its not an auto" "oh........nice gearbox!"

As an adult, its more acceptable, but as a teenager, especially if you show the car or hang out with car people, its shunned upon.

Brian2by2 said:
well, if i got an automatic NSX as a teenager, everyone and there mother would kick my ass!!! So many people rag on me now for driving my NSX because they look at that tight gear box and assume its an auto because its soo small..."How the HELL could you buy an auto NSX?? that should be a sin!" "uhh its not an auto" "oh........nice gearbox!"

As an adult, its more acceptable, but as a teenager, especially if you show the car or hang out with car people, its shunned upon.

I find it hard to believe that people will give you a hard time because you got an auto NSX in your teens. I suspect people are trying to put you down just to make themselves feel better because they don't have an NSX. I know when I was in high school it didn't matter what tranny you had in your car, but what car you were driving.

Seriously, my colleague bought his son a brand new NSX at age 16. Everyone that knew him just bashed on the NSX and asked why he didn't get a ferrari instead. Its jealousy I tell you.:rolleyes:

I still don't understand the disdain towards auto NSX owners. Who cares if someone prefers auto? It's not like they couldn't afford a manual.... :confused:

Its these strange kids in american High Schools.. this is not like this in other parts of the world. American kids are so materialistic that they bash others for having better posetions. I dont understand why someone else would care about what you got for your self. This does happen in other parts of the world . Only sometimes when people are below teen age years. I think american kids are led too much by "MTV" and that rap than by brains..and book of the wise.

too add to this... i believe...

american cluture has perished. I remember the 60's and that was a time of some kind of culture but now its is like trash. Forgive my english i am not native to america i do lots of traveling for business and believe it i am that old to remember the 60's. So i am old timer guy.

I agree completely with the above ^. People bash on my NSX all the time, but i don't care. It's what I want and I would never have made a different decision...no regrets. Once they go for a ride, they never mutter another negative word about the NSX...guaranteed!

As far as taking heat for an auto: the "street scene" kids around here hate auto's because then they can't "shift mad quik yo" as some of them put it!

Plus the auto's are a quite a bit slower than their manual tranny coutnerparts, but still man, its an NSX!!! :D

Back