• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendations for replacement DLP bulbs

The picture on my Samsung DLP rear projection TV just doesn't seem as bright as I remember it when I first bought it. Given that it's about 3-4 years old, I'm guessing it's getting close to replacement time for the bulb.

Does anyone have any suggestions for reputable vendors (online is okay) that have good prices? Comments on previous purchase experiences would be greatly appreciated! :)

You might try removing the bulb(s) and cleaning with rubbing alcohol to remove the ozone that accumulates on high intensity bulbs.

Next time a warranty might help. I paid a little over 100 bucks for it. I think a new bulb costs that (close). These DLP TV's seem to need them after 7,000 hours. Im screwed now because circuit city is out of biz:frown:.

I replaced my sony 70" dlp replacement bulb (Osram) on ebay once awhile ago (1-2 years ago?) for about $150.

I need another one now and have been looking and see that the price has fallen another $50. I've been reading on amazon and seems like a lot of the sellers have been advertising as oem but in fact, they're non-brand.

These are the 2 sources that I'm looking at and most likely I'm going to order on ebay by looking at the reviews/feedbacks.

I don't know anything about DLP bulb replacement, but at my previous job I needed to order a new projector bulb. I spent a lot of time researching and reading and asking questions on forums, looking at feedback on ebay, amazon, etc and the conclusion I came to was buy an OEM replacement. You certainly want to shop around for the best price, but make sure it's an OEM rather than an off brand or you risk shorter life, lower output, color that's off, etc.

Back