• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Remember this car?

Honestly, it does look quite good. What was the problem with this? High price? Cleaned title?
confused.gif

I had to recheck the had. A part the three spoke wheels (yuk!) that at least are black, so they are not very noticeable and the horrible floor mats (that can be swapped with OEM ones), the car do not seem so horrible. Many of the user of the forum do similar stuff to their car and I also imagine they like them. De gustibus.

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
I had to recheck the had. A part the three spoke wheels (yuk!) that at least are black, so they are not very noticeable and the horrible floor mats (that can be swapped with OEM ones), the car do not seem so horrible. Many of the user of the forum do similar stuff to their car and I also imagine they like them. De gustibus.

I can assure you (based on seeing hundreds of NSXs at six NSXPOs as well as discussing buying and selling NSXs with hundreds of owners) that (a) there are NOT many cars with mods like these - a few, but not many (maybe one or two at an NSXPO with 100 NSXs) - and (b) this car will be VERY difficult to sell.

Obviously, each to his own taste, and do whatever you like to your own car - but there will not be very many people whose taste this car will match.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 18 March 2003).]

Originally posted by bayareansx1999:
thats because people dont want to spend $ right now, we're in a recession

No. Yes, we're in a recession. But the prices on early NSXs have not dropped a whole lot. A really well-kept stock early NSX is becoming less common and will sell for as much today as two years ago before the recession started. But a hard-to-sell car that doesn't appeal to most prospective buyers is harder to sell than ever.

Originally posted by steveny:
I will bet you $30,999 that the auction gets one bid.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

My bet was that no one would be willing to bid $31,000 for the car.

However, the seller will also not sell the car for $31,000, since there is a reserve price that is higher than that. So even in the unlikely event that someone bid $31,000 it still wouldn't sell.

That's definitely Bill's car. Personally, I think it looks great and I'm not a big fan of super extreme body mods. Appearance is highly subjective though - to each his own...

Bill who?

I don't think it looks THAT bad. The 3 spoke wheels are a tad ick but the wing is ok (look better in red). The rest is fine.

I saw his yellow nsx in Dupont Registry, he is asking 115k for it, something tells me he isnt gonna get that amount of money for it, but i could be wrong.

------------------
91 Acura Nsx
99 360 Modena
03 Mercedes Sl500
02 lexus Lx470

Originally posted by vegasnsx:
I saw his yellow nsx in Dupont Registry, he is asking 115k for it, something tells me he isnt gonna get that amount of money for it, but i could be wrong.

That's a HIGHLY customized and unique NSX. All it takes to sell is one person who wants a car that's customized EXACTLY that way. Possible? Yes. Likely? I'm with vegasnsx. I wonder what percentage of the cost of the mods he will get back when he sells. Probably only a small fraction, if anything.

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
Bill who?

I don't think it looks THAT bad. The 3 spoke wheels are a tad ick but the wing is ok (look better in red). The rest is fine.

Bill Chiusano aka MYNSX... Bill, where are ya? Maybe he doesn't check this section. I didn't know he put "MYNSX" (the yellow one) up for sale! When did that happen??? Guess the 355 really won him over
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by spookyp (edited 18 March 2003).]

I may be wrong, but I think the intent of 93B18's post is not that the car won't sell because of all the mods, but that MYNSX recently sold this car (for about the starting bid price?) and now someone is turning around and hoping to sell it for a profit.

BTW, I've heard the car was in good shape, and that if any buyer had wanted the car with these mods, he/she was getting a good deal.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

Originally posted by FuryNSX:
BTW, I've heard the car was in good shape, and that if any buyer had wanted the car with these mods, he/she was getting a good deal.

That's usually the case with mods - that if someone wants EXACTLY the mods on a given car, he can get a bargain that way, because mods don't sell for anywhere near what they cost.

For mods which a lot of buyers might be interested in - for example, a Comptech supercharger - a car can generally sell for a significantly higher market value than without it, for as much as 50 percent or more of the cost of the mods. But the more drastic the mods, the less the chances that there's a buyer out there who wants exactly that combination of mods, and as a result it's less likely that the mods will add to the market value, hence the lower the percentage you can expect back. Some mods may even reduce the value of the car (compared with stock) by making it harder to sell.

Hmmmm....

Whell as I,ve said before .It really can'not possibly please everyone when I or "anyone" creates a mod.

The REDNSX sold for 33,000.oo I spoke w/ the new owner via e-mail and have stayed in contact since.It was done off ebay which is what I suggested .I let go of the car in Anihiem,CA It was then wholesaled to their parteners in Washington.

To me I picture it,then I do it.Never do I concern myself w/ "what will they think".Its about pleasing me.
PS... Its just icing on the cake when outside validation is present.
By the way.....I didn't so much like the 3 spokes either "but"I did prefer them being black.

I very much like to here the likes and dislikes for shows (other than that it's all opinion/personal taste)

To me this is a canvas and I'm just doodling as if w/ pencil.

I have recieved offers on the MYNSX project car and in contract w/ someone who I did a video with.The car will yeild more than what I originally anticipated.It's all about "who" wants it .
If this falls through it doesn't matter there are others "time is all I have and thankfully I have 2 other projects to keep me occupied.

There are people I'm offering it to that for me to get my price is just a matter of presenting it to them.I have appointed someone already to market this as well as all future projects at a fair commission.I did not pay the 900.00 into the Dupont my partener Mr.Kelner did.As he is also the one w/ the connections to these people who in a whim spontaniously say wow I want that car.

I personally could not afford "Yet" to drop that type of $$$ on the counter as often as some but there are many who do and will.Remember "everything is for sale" and I have many commitments still to fill before sold.

The car will be offered w/ "0" miles /new supercharger/new low compression/AEM mngmt/ big HP. and big shot of NOS.This is what is already in motion and I'm sure it'll smoke MY355.(that is as is...... but theres always "twin turbo's" shhhhh!!)
We''ll be bypassing the NOS and straight through to that little arsenal.

I do like the 355 a lot I just got back from Vegas and total miles since I purchased it are 2300.Now I feel at one w/ the car.
I can do a good comparison and will very soon!!

I appreciate everyones input online here and have always welcomed the critics the same.As for the NSX in general
I will always either own one or return to one in addition to my projects.

Ive got a monster project "master plan" this one if you dont like "YOU'VE GOTTA BE FUC%IN" CRAZY"!!
Hint.... Yellow and twin turboed and NOT MY355
(THANK YOU GOD!)

Again I appreciate all the input and "Thank You All". again!! :)

Last edited:
Back