• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replaced Oil Pressure Sensor and Check Engine Light Came on

I replaced my old oil pressure sensor with an SOS unit and it was all pretty straight forward. When I started up the car the oil pressure gauge pegged at over 80. I shut the car down, checked all the connections and turned the car back on. Now the oil pressure readings are normal but the check engine light came on. I shorted it with a paper clip and the engine light turned off for a second and then came back on and stayed on. So based off of this http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Trouble_Codes does that mean the ECM is bad now?

So you are saying the code it threw was zero? Did you try and repeat this process again? I don't disbelieve you but to change an oil sending unit and then your ECU dies is pretty wild.

If I were you, I would try this test again. If you get the same results, pull the clock fuse for a couple of seconds and reinsert the fuse back in. It's like rebooting your computer. Then try it again. Let us know your progress.

Ok, got it fixed. After I wrote this and went to work I tried it again and I guess in my tired state I didn't short it properly. The code was for the vtec on the front bank which I must have bumped the connecter lose when I was trying to get my hands in there to replace the oil pressure sensor. It is a bit of a tight fit in there so I cause my own headache by not checking everything my hands touched/ bumped. Thanks for the support Valhalla.

No I wont, I will be working. In a work up for deployment so free time is hard to come by. I will try to go on next months run.

Back