• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Riding along side of a Modena this evening.......

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
We stopped at a light and spoke a bit. He was in an 01 coupe. He mentioned that he had an NSX for about 4 yrs. and loved it. He said that it was the 'best car ever built' and I didn't even prompt him. Thought I'd share. Man, that 360 sounded awesome when he jumped on it though. May of had the Tubi.

For once, a little friendly banter between the X and F-Car owners, as opposed to the usual "screw you" diatribes. Nice!! The 360 sounds mean even without a Tubi. IMHO, few cars have been able to imitate the F-Car sound. The 360's predecessor, the 355 also has a beautiful stock sound. People have posted various links to Ferrari videos. Click here for some additional clips/sounds of somebody who has put their their 355 up for sale on eBay (no affiliation).

Regards.

Ever notice that the new NSX looks like a catfish, the Porsche looks like a nurse shark, and the 360 looks like a lobster?

Originally posted by MAJOR STONER:
Ever notice that the new NSX looks like a catfish, the Porsche looks like a nurse shark, and the 360 looks like a lobster?

Craving a little seafood are we?
wink.gif

Originally posted by MAJOR STONER:

I think the NSX looks more like a ray (manta ray, sting ray) and the Porsche looks like...

frog.gif

Originally posted by Nimbus:
"best car ever built", what's he doing in a 360 then?

That's bring up a story. Over the weekend, I was at Willow SPrings raceway. Got approached by several people saying. "wow, the car is fast! I always love the NSX". Why the f@$k do you drive any other car then? Why don't you buy one if you love it?

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I think the NSX looks more like a ray (manta ray, sting ray) and the Porsche looks like...

frog.gif

It's funny that you mention that Ken. When I had a first-gen C4, I was planning on getting a custom plate that read "Ribbit". Unfortunately, it was already taken, I think, by some other Porsche owner.

ok captain mike
wink.gif

My friend and I decided that the NSX kinda looks like an F-40.

on Sunday night I was down on South Beach and some BEAUTIFUL girl in a silver 360 drop top complimented me on my car...I was like: "wow"

I had a guy down there in a bentley arnage compliment me too. of course I paid the same respect to his beautiful piece of machinery.

Most teenagers look at NSX's as being above Vipers and some of the other "exotics" that I woulda thought turn more heads.

I think the Porsche (911 series) is one of the most beautifull cars ever made. It's just that you see so many of them, and so many odd people driving them which puts me off.

I would swap my NSX for a 360 anyday....

But then only if i get a free mechanic with it!

BTW, that new Lambo looks darn good! Much better then it's big brother!

Mich

A bit off topic...

This morning, I was driving my Legend on the middle lane of a 3 lane street in some local street in Irvine. A guy in his 30's driving a dark blue 550 Maranello was jamming right behind me as I was slowing down for the red light. I was going to give him a thumbs up when I saw him moved to right lane next to me. But he looked impatient and move half a car length in front of the line. The light turned green and he went in front and moved 3 lanes across to the next left turn lane.

I was thinking to myself, "How Rude!". But then I think that's how I drive my X just for fun sometimes and probably that's how I was being viewed by others.

Originally posted by CDube:
driving a dark blue 550 Maranello was jamming right behind me as...

Talking about ugly cars.....

(yeah, i know, i'm the only one)

M

Hey CDube nice avatar
smile.gif
A lot of people give me grief for liking the 914 but i think its has nice lines. I've always been a sucker for the mid-engines (mr2, esprit, 914, and of course my soon to be nsx)

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:

Talking about ugly cars.....

(yeah, i know, i'm the only one)

M

I agree w/ that. Well, not UGLY, but ugly for a Ferrari. I don't like that big nasty crease in the rear fender - its as if the designers of the rear and the front hadn't met until it was time to join their 2 ends, and they just kinda pasted them together in 10 minutes.

Also, the thing is too tall. This is a disturbing trend in sports cars - they are getting too tall. That's the most striking thing about exotics - the lowness. Bring back the TR dimensions! Lets hope the next NSX doesnt get taller (I wouldn't mind a bit more width though).

Back