• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RIP Nelson Mandela.

He was a true insperation and the definition of perserverence and dedication.

Interesting to me that a man who has been compared to Ghandi receives three posts and film star who dies in a car crash receives 5 pages of posts.
What do I know anyways....

Interesting to me that a man who has been compared to Ghandi receives three posts and film star who dies in a car crash receives 5 pages of posts.

I have some family members fighting on Facebook about that very same thing. VERY FEW of us could endure what Mandela did.
RIP- Mr. Nelson Mandela

I heard this on tv today...."he drank poison hoping it would kill his enemies".....very insightful ...

....and short of blaming who plant the tree in the street to split the car.....or it could've been....many innocent bystanders/youngsters were xxxxx but if the city of Valencia had plant a few trees, might save a few lives. Nothing about driving a tricky car with 600+hp going side ways to show off to the crowd.
its an up-side-down world.
WDIK

Perhaps, but presidents, kings, rulers and the world will commemorate his life; and people will learn about him and his significance in text book for generations. By January Paul Walker will almost be a footnote.

I mourn the passing of Nelson Mandela and think of the greatness he accomplished. I think about P Walker, shake my head and think about the waste; even though he did a bit of good.

Miner

Last edited:
Stated this on another forum, but I doubt his significance to the world will be widely acknowledged by those outside of his continent. His methods will be argued about for years but his legacy is set. What a remarkable man and story.

By January Paul Walker will almost be a footnote.

I mourn the passing of Nelson Mandela and think of the greatness he accomplished.

Miner

Well said!

This was almost like the time when Princess Diana died and a couple of weeks (?) later, Mother Theresa passed away.
The spotlight was still on Princess Diana.

RIP Mr. Nelson Mandela.

1st of all - Nelson Mandela did alot for his nation, Africa and Humanity in general. May his sould Rest In Peace.

2nd: Nelson Mandela was a great man but he was no Ghandi. I might be biased(b/c my parents are from India) but I have read enough about both men to say that.

3rd: What's up with who sign interpreter debacle. How the heck can the South African gov't not have a competent and more importantly stable sign interpreter when they have so many world leaders under one roof?

Back