• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road Course @ Texas World Speedway - May 15 & 16

With all the mods everyone has been putting on the car, it is time to take it to the 2.9 mile road course at Texas World Speedway (TWS) and see what it can do. The entrance fee is about $190 to $220 per driver, depending on how many people sign up. This will cover both days, May 15th (Sat) and 16th (Sunday). It's a great bargain, I pay that much last month @ TWS just for a single day. Let me know if you are interested.

-Tuan

tl408-01.jpg

Who is putting this event on?

That is correct, it's the TWS Motorsport Club. The event is classified as "Driver Education". All new drivers will be accompanied by an instructor on the track.

I will talk to the instructor and get more details on the sign-up process for you guys. :)

-Tuan

Does anyone know how long it would take to get there from shreveport, LA?

Yahoo assumes you drive like a granny. Unless you really do, I think you will have little trouble getting from Shreveport to College Station in 4.5 hours.

NetViper said:
That makes it 7.5 hours from me... way too far :(

Your best bet is the MotorSport Ranch. Its off I-20 south of Fortworth. Much easier to get to from Monroe, and probably 4.5 hours from you

LINK

All new drivers will be accompanied by an instructor on the track.

New drivers to the track or new drivers to the TWS Club?

AndyVecsey said:
All new drivers will be accompanied by an instructor on the track.

New drivers to the track or new drivers to the TWS Club?
I believe they mean "new driver" to the TWS road course. The instructor will be with you during the first few sessions. And if he sees that you are "capable", then he will let you drive solo after that.

Trust me, you will learn so much by having an instructor with you. These guys have thousands of laps around TWS under their belts. Unless you have been to 20 or more of these events already, having an instructor is a huge plus.

-Tuan

I just went to CBF.com to check your car out. Yikes - you planning on pushing that much HP in a not-so-light car through street tires.....ditto that through factory brakes? When I see you in my mirrors :p I'll be sure to wave you by because your car needs Brembos, because I don't want a Corvette up my ass going into turn #1. :D You do have a harness bar with harness belts for that kind of HP, right? :eek:

BTW - beautiful paint color and wheels!!!

AndyVecsey said:
I just went to CBF.com to check your car out. Yikes - you planning on pushing that much HP in a not-so-light car through street tires.....ditto that through factory brakes? When I see you in my mirrors :p I'll be sure to wave you by because your car needs Brembos, because I don't want a Corvette up my ass going into turn #1. :D

BTW - beautiful paint color and wheels!!!

Thanks Andy, I appreciate the compliment. :)

The C5 curb weight is only about ~3200 lbs or so. This is actually very light comparing to many other sportcars in its class tipping the scale at well over 3400 lbs.

The stock brake system is quite good. But because I always push car hard (mainly braking late going into corners), I do use dedicated race pads (Carbotech Engineering) at the road course and also change the fluid over to Motul 600 (much high boiling temp). As for the rubber, I run the VictorRace V700 road-race tires.

I would love to get the Brembo kit. It is on my list but I am not quite ready to drop $6000K yet. Maybe when I decide strip the car down and turn it into a dedicated track car. But for now, I get excellent results with the combo above.

Sorry for the delay guys. Below are the details. Shing is the guy who's helped organize this group deal.

Cheers
-Tuan

********************************************************************************************************

The deal has been approved.
Cost: $187.50 for each driver. Regular cost is $250.

Details:
We are going to limit this group to 12 people. Right now, there are 9 spots still open.

If you would like to sign up as part of this deal, please email me at:
[email protected]
Please include your full name and contact information.

In order to get this deal going I'll need two things by May 5th:
1) The sign up form completed. http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/mscmail_print.htm
You can fax or mail the completed form to me. On the form please write:
Attn: Jack Turner
Ref: James Rogerson and conecrazy.org

2) Money - Money order, Cash, Cashier's Check, or Paypal. For paypal, please add the 3% processing fee.
I know money is a touchy subject, but I will provide you full information to contact me. Plus I am paypal verified if you are using paypal. Upon receipt of payment i will send confirmation by email or snail mail if you wish that I have the money in hand.

Please click http://conecrazy.org/temp/tws_may.htm for current Sign-Up status.

Details about the TWS Motorsports club can be found here http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/form.htm

You can contact me @ [email protected] for any questions.

********************************************************************************************************

Yes. The NSX is made for road courses. Several of us are instructors for The Driver's Edge. We teach at TWS and MSR several times a year. If TWS would invite us to instruct, the rest of us might show up. ;)

S.L.

Back