• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rob Ferretti one month update of his 2014 nsx

The NSX when it came out was a hot ticket and sold for far above MSRP. So that's when it was hot. Then in the mid 90s sales slowed as they did for all the Japanese sports cars and the price tag went up. In the late 90s and 2000s everyone forgot there were even new NSXs for sale at the dealership because few were made and the ones that were sat on dealers lots and sold for steep discounts. Ever since they stopped production and people started talking about the new NSX interest has resurfaced in the old cars and you can witness the number of video mags and other media coverage. Now it's a very admired car but for a long time it was looked down upon, especially in the Italian super car circles. Not sure how any of that is inaccurate, it is supported by observable data. Not sure why I would need to ride with you and a few buddies to observe what ownership experience is like, I have owned my car for almost a decade. Maybe I am misunderstanding you, I didn't follow all the pronouns used but am just going off the quoted text.Honda is on the same track again, targeting a production car that is near the end of it's life cycle (458) and taking forever to develop a car it showed many years ago. If they were smart they would change course now.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, if so my apologies. But I understood this "Also... A Turbo NSX still won't be fast?!"to say boosted NSX were slow. Myself, a few buddies and a fleet of gallardos, porsche, mustangs, corvettes, camaros and a few stock GTR's will beg to differ. We have smoked them like weed in the 60's.And for those of us who were not born with a silver spoon as myself, I have admired it from day one, it has never been forgotten just out of reach until 2009. I concur with most of what your saying though. In my book the new NSX will loose identity and fall behind, especially with that ugly far from complimenting beak they took from TL models and side ducts only on track model.

Yes I think the pronoun thing threw me off. I also never forgot about the NSX but we are the minority of car buyers not the target market.

A turbo NSX is a killer machine even by today's standards! I put my money where my mouth is too, I just turbo'd my car and it is AMAZING and dare I say complete. Which has an air of finality about it that is scary for someone who is always looking for their mod fix LoL. But I may be shortsighted as the turbo is the crack pipe of all modding, there never seems to be enough power and people like to see how deep that rabbit hole goes!

Last edited:
Yes I think the pronoun thing threw me off. I also never forgot about the NSX but we are the minority of car buyers not the target market. A turbo NSX is a killer machine even by today's standards! I put my money where my mouth is too, I just turbo'd my car and it is AMAZING and dare I say complete. Which has an air of finality about it that is scary for someone who is always looking for their mod fix LoL. But I may be shortsighted as the turbo is the crack pipe of all modding, there never seems to be enough power and people like to see how deep that rabbit hole goes!
Well on my 2nd engine build and at 533whp, I'm content at my "sweet spot" of power.

Guys, I know i'm in the lions den here, but I'm really not shitting on the car, I bought and continue to own one. Its just objectively slow, give anyone who has access to lots of vehicles the keys to an nsx and they will all agree with my opinion. I know on any enthusiast forum the world ends with the one car, but you can not use the logic that heavily modifying the car will make it better or then comparable to a stock car. Never said stop enjoying your car, you don't need me or anyone else to agree with you to validate your opinion of your vehicle as a purchase, collectible, or modding platform.

Back