• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sad day for my wallet--- firebird main chandler az

Ohhhhh i see, thats just a vaccum tube under the band. you dont have a problem with splatter or anything coming out from the vent? I had ready that the grease gets pretty milky when on the track. Thanks for the clarification.

No, nothing leaks. Centrifugal force keeps the grease in the cup.
6 Cups Cleaned & Regreased.jpg

What type of grease are you using? Would you please take a picture of the label on the front of that container? Thanks,

Al

I was going to ask if the OPs axles were vented (Coz you beat me to it). I am happy to hear that your car was a somewhat easy fix. Never like seeing cars leave on a flatbed.

Here's to Happy Tracking! :biggrin:

What type of grease are you using? Would you please take a picture of the label on the front of that container? Thanks,

Al

He is using Redline V2 axle grease

Great stuff, more info here.

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=82&pcid=17

Last edited:
Straight Barbed Vacuum Line connectors

First of, Paiserg Im extremely glad that your problem was minimal.
I know how it feels it happened to me twice, and Im sure is coming again this season for NSX but what you gonna do right?

Coz, This is just GENIUS!!!
Thank you for sharing this.

See the little white tubes on the axle shaft, under the boots and bands ?
Those are the vent tubes, they allow the heat and pressure caused from the 3 bearings moving in/out and around to escape rather than build up, burn the grease, and cause the bearing to freeze or lock up Which can cause a host of problems including the the axle spine pulling out of the gear box.
Here's a close up of the venting. Those are bearings in the background.
View attachment 95477

- - - Updated - - -

You bet...
We are a community that helps each other :)

First of, Paiserg Im extremely glad that your problem was minimal.
I know how it feels it happened to me twice, and Im sure is coming again this season for NSX but what you gonna do right?

Coz, This is just GENIUS!!!
Thank you for sharing this.

Back